Encyclopedia Revalations

Lavariusstar

Malgus himself is unlikely to play any future roles, considering Lead Writer Hall Hood has confirmed that Malgus is dead. If anything, his only known apprentice, Darth Karrid, would continue his path. Then again, the Sith Inquisitor may also do something to similiar extend since he/she also supports the change within the Empire, to what extend that happens is of course up to the player.

As far as "plot devices" go, there is still the Infinite Engine from Revan's complex on Nar Shaddaa. Let's say a powerful Sith Lord (like that ominous Keeper of Mysterious or Darth Nox, who afterall is in charge of the Pyramid of Ancient Knowledge) gets a hold of it and manages to make it grow very fast through some sort of Dark Side ritual, they would have the means to get themselves another Foundry or Star Forge.

Really? I'm sure in that interview he just stated that the stuff on Wookiepedia was false because his fate has not been confirmed yet. He seems far to important a character to just kill off. What's more, doesn't his 'death' seem a bit strange too you, there is a clear game mechanic put in their that means at the end of the battle he always falls in the pit. You see no body die, no cutscene. What other characters have fallen in pits and come back, Darth Maul, Darth Sidious, Luke Skywalker, hell there's probably some alternate universe where Mace Windu comes back - I highly doubt Malgus is dead, all the signs indicate he isn't. I see him as a candidate for replacing the Sith Emperor.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A search for "sovran" on wookieepedia returns no results.

^ Yep. I came up blank. If you can post a link, I'd appreciate it. :)

And I was serious. I totally looked that up in the Encyclopedia's substantial index. Not in there.

Really? I'm sure in that interview he just stated that the stuff on Wookiepedia was false because his fate has not been confirmed yet. He seems far to important a character to just kill off. What's more, doesn't his 'death' seem a bit strange too you, there is a clear game mechanic put in their that means at the end of the battle he always falls in the pit. You see no body die, no cutscene. What other characters have fallen in pits and come back, Darth Maul, Darth Sidious, Luke Skywalker, hell there's probably some alternate universe where Mace Windu comes back - I highly doubt Malgus is dead, all the signs indicate he isn't. I see him as a candidate for replacing the Sith Emperor.

Yep I dont really see him as being dead either. But apparently the new lead writer confirmed that Malgus was out of the picture, I guess only time will tell whether he is coming back or not.

That sounds cool. Anything involving the rebuilding of the Sith Empire, the Revanites, or the ruins?

Some companions, like Mako, have some pretty interesting comments involving the statues and buildings around and it intrigues me to know about their purpose and/or origin. Also, I got the implication the cave that the Revanites built upon was the same cave Revan hid out in in the book with his namesake. Any hint there?

Really? I'm sure in that interview he just stated that the stuff on Wookiepedia was false because his fate has not been confirmed yet.

He was rather amused how whoever person that had made that edit to Malgus' page came up with the whole "fled to the Unknown Regions" thing. What he did do was running a poll on twitter about "which deceased villain would you want to fight again in SWTOR?" which had a lot of people voting for Malgus.

So right now, Malgus is a clear case of "dead until proven otherwise" or "dead until we decide that he's not anymore".

Edited by BenKatarn

From the beginning of the mission you knew that Ardun Kohte was the head of Mid-Rim Operations, which is part of SIS. Never did they once state that he is head of all of the SIS. So please dont spread incorrect information about the writers taking away Imperial achievements.

Where did you hear that?

All I remember is that Keeper referred to Him as 'my opposite number', which to me meant head of SIS.

Found some more interesting things not mention yet

Braden(from the bounty hunter storyline)used to track down bounties for Nok Drayen,

Mako is 19 and Torian Cadera is 18,making them the most youngest companions in game(as of right now)

The Hutts weren't always crime lords and gangsters,they used to be military strategists and conquers,but eventually they were brought low by their arrogance and complacency.Scientist and archaeologists theorize that the huts turned ancient rakata supper weapons against each other ruining many planets including their own home world Varl,they eventually left Varl and took all the treasures they could salvage with them and discovered and settled on the planet of Evocar,which is now know as Hutta

Basically 'Sovran' was part of the Tython system, just like Horuset is the system which Korriban originates in, it's part of old Star Wars lore revolving around Lightsabers.

Where did you find this out? I've searched everywhere and can't find a reference. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just really want to know.

That sounds cool. Anything involving the rebuilding of the Sith Empire, the Revanites, or the ruins?

Some companions, like Mako, have some pretty interesting comments involving the statues and buildings around and it intrigues me to know about their purpose and/or origin. Also, I got the implication the cave that the Revanites built upon was the same cave Revan hid out in in the book with his namesake. Any hint there?

The book had big sections on the Republic, Empire, Sith and Jedi. So yes to your first query. Just had a quick check and there's one double-page spread on the origins of the Sith. Another spread on the results of the Great Hyperspace War and rebuilding of the Empire, and then a spread in the Sith section about the events of their exile and one on the Sith Emperor. Its not heavily detailed though, so no info about specific statues and buildings. (There is a lot of info about the Empire in general though, including brand new info, so you might find something there)

As for the Revanites and the ruins. Well there is a spread on the Dark Side, one of Sith Spirits and Holocrons, one on Sith spawn and alchemy. A little bit about Ludo Kressh and his ancestors. Korriban and Dromund Kaas however, are both given 4 page spreads with info about the ruins and the temples - unfortunately info on the Revanites is scant. (Never thought about the cave being the same one Revan hid in - interesting possibility) I'm sure you'll find the book more than interesting though.

He was rather amused how whoever person that had made that edit to Malgus' page came up with the whole "fled to the Unknown Regions" thing. What he did do was running a poll on twitter about "which deceased villain would you want to fight again in SWTOR?" which had a lot of people voting for Malgus.

So right now, Malgus is a clear case of "dead until proven otherwise" or "dead until we decide that he's not anymore".

I see what you mean, I suppose he is "dead until proven otherwise" - but I strongly believe that we will be proven otherwise.

I see what you mean, I suppose he is "dead until proven otherwise" - but I strongly believe that we will be proven otherwise.

Most likely, but the interview with Hall Hood seemed to hint at Malgus' apprentice being severely pissed off at us for killing him being the continuation of that particular story arc.

Whether they put her in the actual game and have her hunting us or it plays out in the new SWTOR:Annhilation novel is another story, but it would be interesting considering his apprentice, Karrid, is currently in command of the superweapon Capital ship,the Ascendant Spear and could make for a fun FP or Operation

Most likely, but the interview with Hall Hood seemed to hint at Malgus' apprentice being severely pissed off at us for killing him being the continuation of that particular story arc.

Whether they put her in the actual game and have her hunting us or it plays out in the new SWTOR:Annhilation novel is another story, but it would be interesting considering his apprentice, Karrid, is currently in command of the superweapon Capital ship,the Ascendant Spear and could make for a fun FP or Operation

Fun fact: Karrid was elevated to the dark council replacing Darth Hadra as suggested by Darth Marr. Ravage makes a massive deal of this because Karrid is an alien and that is against the Sith Empires law.Mortis and Rictus are also against this because she is an alien. In total there was 8 dark council members at this meeting that are ALL against an alien being a member of the dark council apart from Darth Marr.

Whats interesting out of this is infact it seems like before Darth Karrid, all dark council members either had to be sith or human. This confirms so far that Nox either has to be a human or sith in canon.

Edited by Girdeux

Fun fact: Karrid was elevated to the dark council replacing Darth Hadra as suggested by Darth Marr. Ravage makes a massive deal of this because Karrid is an alien and that is against the Sith Empires law.Mortis and Rictus are also against this because she is an alien. In total there was 8 dark council members at this meeting that are ALL against an alien being a member of the dark council apart from Darth Marr.

Whats interesting out of this is infact it seems like before Darth Karrid, all dark council members either had to be sith or human. This confirms so far that Nox either has to be a human or sith in canon.

Really? In the encyclopedia it says that Karrid becomes a dark council member? How come no one mentioned this yet? I know wookiepedia is not accurate but all it says is that right now is that the council members are bidding between karrid or gravus to take the sphere of technology. Hmm anyway If they canonize the SI race I am going to be upset. I personally find the SI more interesting if they are an alien since there is more unique lines and the whole idea with the SI is that they are part of the revamping of how the empire views aliens and slave sith. Please don't be generic bioware....

Anyway It kinda seems to me that it may have been Darth marr idea to open the sith academy to everybody man Darth marr is such a cool guy. (Read his wookiepedia page he is bloody awesome) :D

If he is our new flashpoint guy that will be awesome.

Edited by lokdron

Really? In the encyclopedia it says that Karrid becomes a dark council member? How come no one mentioned this yet? If they canonize the SI race I am going to be upset I personally find the SI more interesting if they are an alien. Please don't be generic bioware....

Anyway It kinda seems to me that it may have been Darth marr idea to open the sith academy to everybody man Darth marr is such a cool guy. (Read his wookiepedia page he is bloody awesome) :D

This is in the Annihilation novel :)

Actually the SI can still be an alien canonically because in the SI story the council has no choice but to give the SI the seat even if they are alien or human because thanaton challenged the SI to a kaggath and the rules say once you defeat the opponent you get everything they own.

The two situations are different since with gravus and karrid the council members are voting/nominating/debating who gets the space tech sphere.

Plus the regulations and rules of the sith tradition the council members can't really discuss whether you get the seat or not because its not even up for a debate like who gets the space tech sphere. Even if Mortis/other council members does not want karrid to have the seat he/they can't do anything to stop the SI from getting the seat.

Let me explain why first the SI has defeated thanaton in front of many darths and lords on corellia this event was even viewed by some moths and ranking officers. Lets not forget the fact that the SI defeated thanaton in front of the council members as well and thanaton is your superior in the sith totem poll and by sith rules and rules of the empire the SI gets his stuff if you defeat him.

Plus it was an official challenge the SI does not need to put in extra work to make thanaton "disappear" like what most sith do with their masters/superiors. If the council refused the SI the seat even if you are an alien the fallout with the various lords, darths and moths will not be nice and since marr is smart he tries to avoid things like that.

Plus mortis sphere deals with the law and regulations of the empire and the SI has defeated thanaton within those laws even if he is quite a bigot when it comes to aliens. He has no choice but to comply with darth marr same goes for ravage as well.

As I said the situation with SI is different because the council members have no choice and the fact that marr put his foot down. With the karris and gravus situation is different the other council members have more say on who gets the seat since its more of a discussion/vote on who gets the space sphere council seat.

Well this is not mentioned in any book this is just my own observation from the current information thus far.:)

Actually the SI can still be an alien canonically because in the SI story the council has no choice but to give the SI the seat even if they are alien or human because thanaton challenged the SI to a kaggath and the rules say once you defeat the opponent you get everything they own.

The two situations are different since with gravus and karrid the council members are voting/nominating/debating who gets the space tech sphere.

Plus the regulations and rules of the sith tradition the council members can't really discuss whether you get the seat or not because its not even up for a debate like who gets the space tech sphere. Even if Mortis/other council members does not want karrid to have the seat he/they can't do anything to stop the SI from getting the seat.

Let me explain why first the SI has defeated thanaton in front of many darths and lords on corellia this event was even viewed by some moths and ranking officers. Lets not forget the fact that the SI defeated thanaton in front of the council members as well and thanaton is your superior in the sith totem poll and by sith rules and rules of the empire the SI gets his stuff if you defeat him.

Plus it was an official challenge the SI does not need to put in extra work to make thanaton "disappear" like what most sith do with their masters/superiors. If the council refused the SI the seat even if you are an alien the fallout with the various lords, darths and moths will not be nice and since marr is smart he tries to avoid things like that.

Plus mortis sphere deals with the law and regulations of the empire and the SI has defeated thanaton within those laws even if he is quite a bigot when it comes to aliens. He has no choice but to comply with darth marr same goes for ravage as well.

As I said the situation with SI is different because the council members have no choice and the fact that marr put his foot down. With the karris and gravus situation is different the other council members have more say on who gets the seat since its more of a discussion/vote on who gets the space sphere council seat.

Well this is not mentioned in any book this is just my own observation from the current information thus far.:)

No. Your just trying to fit scenarios based on the story. We all obviously know eventually their will be canon choises for everything. If you read the book its stated the only reason why an alien was elevated to the dark council was because after Malgus's betrayal the empire was severely weakened and now allow aliens in their ranks. An alien being apart of the dark council was unheard of according to the Ravage/Mortis/Rictus etc etc.

Dont forgot ALL of the council members at the meeting apart from Marr talk down alien species.

DAMMIT! Bioware! Meh they better leave what race the SI up in the air =_= cause seriously there will be a lot of upset people lol.

To me it just seems too generic if the SI was pureblood or human imo. :(

I will wait until the book comes out I want to see this part where they are discussing who gets the seat.

Edited by lokdron

DAMMIT! Bioware! Meh they better leave what race the SI up in the air =_= cause seriously there will be a lot of upset people lol.

To me it just seems too generic if the SI was pureblood or human imo. :(

I will wait until the book comes out I want to see this part where they are discussing who gets the seat.

Just to say, the SI can't be pureblood. Because he was a slave and in no possible canon scenario could a sith pureblood become a slave, especially if force sensitive, as they are an elite race. So if it ever is canonized, he or she will be human (he he he, by SI is human :D)

And seeing as Ravage has entered the discussion, I'd like to see him as the next opponent for the SI (not for everyone, just the SI storyline). Like Thanaton he seems a bit backward in his ways, and is opposed to you taking a seat on the council, so there's going to be some rivalry their. Also being the head of Expansion and Diplomacy, he's going to play a bigger role now the Great Galatic War has restarted.

Karrid is also an interesting prospect. Notice that their have been no Faleen NPC's in SWTOR - so this would be interesting.