Hm 8man Kephess bug?

We have been having a taunt problem with kephess after 60% the last few days. After he does gift of the masters and the tanks need to start swapping, The tank that has him gets knocked back, the other tank taunts him but kephess is running back or most of the time just porting back and one shotting the tank he was just taunted off, its been happening to us for two weeks every single attempt.

Just wondering if everyone else has been having this problem or is it just a chance it can happen and if so is their any kind of work around anyone has figured out?

The best way to figure out what went wrong is to look at the logs of the 2 tanks. You can look at the threat numbers on the combat log to figure out what is going on.

One of the thing to remember . When Kephess jumps down, he will put a DoT on the tank who taunts him. If he gets down to 60% while your tank still has the DoT, he will die after being knocked back. Damage on the tank during the phase where he drops the purple circle will result in death.

If it isn't the dot like the above poster said also make sure when your tank is not doing anything to kephess while placing the purple circles, not even auto attack in the case of PT. He has a ability called no escape, where he warps to someone away from and hits them with the savage arc thing.

The only thing I can think of, OP, is the tanks are not waiting for the cast bar before they taunt.

Im not sure what cast bar youre talking about. Im talking about when he knocks back the tank he is on and is about to one shot him the other tank taunts off. What is happening is kephess is going back to the original tank after the taunt and killing him then going back to the tank that just taunted.

The tanks are being killed by that arcing slash or whatever its called, and i know the taunts are going off because im one of the tanks and its happened to both of us, when i taunt he turns to me then flickers, kills the other tank and comes back to me.

But I havent cleared this place since it was pretty new and it might just be that something has changed or im forgetting something.

Im not sure what cast bar youre talking about. Im talking about when he knocks back the tank he is on and is about to one shot him the other tank taunts off. What is happening is kephess is going back to the original tank after the taunt and killing him then going back to the tank that just taunted.

The tanks are being killed by that arcing slash or whatever its called, and i know the taunts are going off because im one of the tanks and its happened to both of us, when i taunt he turns to me then flickers, kills the other tank and comes back to me.

But I havent cleared this place since it was pretty new and it might just be that something has changed or im forgetting something.

after kephess does his knockback, he will start casting an ability. breath of the masters i believe it's called. this causes the tank he casted it on to start dropping purple circles. 4 in story, 5 in hard. if the tank that has this debuff takes any damage, he's dead. KO.

therefore, tank #2 must taunt during this casting bar, so that kephess switches targets immediately after he places breath on tank #1.

and as someone mentioned, tank #1 with the purple circles shouldnt do anything other than place circles, as kephess might do his random attack. and that would result in dead tank #1. from your description of your problem, i think this is the issue. try doing it with tank #1 doing nothing else while he places circles.

The tanks are being killed by that arcing slash or whatever its called

Based off of that ^ it sounds like your tanks maybe positioning with their backs to close to a wall, bouncing off the wall on the knock back tends to get you instant killed right after.

after kephess does his knockback, he will start casting an ability. breath of the masters i believe it's called. this causes the tank he casted it on to start dropping purple circles. 4 in story, 5 in hard. if the tank that has this debuff takes any damage, he's dead. KO.

therefore, tank #2 must taunt during this casting bar, so that kephess switches targets immediately after he places breath on tank #1.

and as someone mentioned, tank #1 with the purple circles shouldnt do anything other than place circles, as kephess might do his random attack. and that would result in dead tank #1. from your description of your problem, i think this is the issue. try doing it with tank #1 doing nothing else while he places circles.

Yeah i think this is the problem, we have been taunting after the knock back, and not waiting for the cast.

And to the other post, we havent been putting our backs to the walls, we face an open area so we get thrown back far enough to give the other tank enough time to taunt. but i guess that shouldnt be a big deal since he stops melee to cast.

Edited by Mallorik

Yeah i think this is the problem, we have been taunting after the knock back, and not waiting for the cast.

And to the other post, we havent been putting our backs to the walls, we face an open area so we get thrown back far enough to give the other tank enough time to taunt. but i guess that shouldnt be a big deal since he stops melee to cast.

Just so you know, if your tank (tank 2) taunts too early (prior to the cast of Breath of the Masters), the other tank (tank 1) can taunt during the cast of BotM to prevent tank 2 from being hit again; if this happens tank 2 will again be laying circles. Our tanks do this intentionally on SM (we have a shadow and a vanguard). The shadow places the circles the whole time and the vanguard tanks the boss the whole time. it takes far more coordination to do intentionally, but it does happen on accident some times.

Edited by Xiij

Just so you know, if your tank (tank 2) taunts too early (prior to the cast of Breath of the Masters), the other tank (tank 1) can taunt during the cast of BotM to prevent tank 2 from being hit again; if this happens tank 2 will again be laying circles. Our tanks do this intentionally on SM (we have a shadow and a vanguard). The shadow places the circles the whole time and the vanguard tanks the boss the whole time. it takes far more coordination to do intentionally, but it does happen on accident some times.

Well that was the problem, we were taunting too early and he was jumping back and one shotting the first tank. waited for the cast and easily killed him.

I first cleared that fight when it was pretty new, did it a couple of times and hadnt been playing since. i remember doing the taunts so the one tank keeps the circles and one tank just keeps tanking kephess but it doesnt seem like it would work now, tank1 is tanking him, tank2 taunts to early and he is going back and one shotting tank1 then going back to tank2. Have you tried that strat lately since they made some changes to the fight?