Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

I have the hood down Medium 11 Sentinel set that am modding up and just taking the armor hit.

Which set is that? I've been looking for a Sent chest piece like that.

Also, it did look like a few of the higher end PvP sets had hoodless Guardian armor.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While trying not to play my Jedi, I tried all other classes. I can't believe how "fun" they are compared to JK. It's like EVERYTHING about the JK is utter crap, and willingly broken :/ ...

Anyway, be sure to ask Stephen Reid about the HOOD toggle today, and be sure to be specific, as he already got hood and helmet confused the first time.

I've been using the plain, statless white gear from the vendors just for the armor bonus. I plan on continuing to use these until i get a suitable upgrade robe that doesnt have the ridiculous hood. I haven't had any issues being undergeared, so no gameplay issues, so its the best answer for me until i get something better without a hood. It's a shame, because i think alot of the robes look good, save for the hood. The Tatooine commendation one comes to mind, i really liked it, but damn the hood!

I'm really enjoying my combat sentinel and its a fun class and spec (hit 34 last night and its really picked up!), but having to wear statless white chest peices because we got screwed over with the hood is a little dissapointing. I'm hoping this was just an oversight, because alot of other specs/classes get hoodless robes AND you see them on NPCs. Keep this going in hopes of a response from BW!

Well, we got our answer... it could take a while :(

[–]ddrlenz 12 points 1 hour ago

Will there be the ability to raise/lower hoods on Jedi Robes via a command? We've seen many different robe variations but very few without a hood down. I'd very much like to have the choice. Thank you!

[–]StephenReid 4 points 1 minute ago

We know this is wanted, but it's more work than you might expect. It may come in the future.

parent

I think I'm done playing my Knight for a few months or so I guess. Not interested in the story or anything else really with a stupid hood on my head at all times.

Edited by wadecounty

I did, unfortunately he didn't see my question.

We should've composed a group question and upvoted it together, but too late now.

I asked about the hood down ones too. No answer. so here it is, to the Devs:

If the hood toggle is too hard to implement, so be it.

Add in the hood down versions of the moddable armors that we have seen on the screenshots on this website to the game. That is not hard at all. Just add in the gear to the commendation vendor and as a choice on the relevant quest reward screens and I will be happy. Thank you.

Ok so as expected, they DO read us. It's just that they can't do anything without working and they'd rather stay quite.

Let's bump the huge butt issue now so that we can hope for a fix in a year, along with the hood toggle.

* good bye my Jedi Knight, you'll save the universe some other time *

Wrong, wrong question...

Should have asked about armors with HOOD DOWNS, not the ability to raise/lower hoods.

I just made a thread listing and linking to the Hood Down chestpieces that are shown on this web site, 8 so far and I'm still looking. They could add these in right now. If you'd like to see them add it, please bump it. Thank you.

I'm sorry, but I have to rant now.

So the hood up/down functionality is a complicated fix.

And yet, the game went live with primary equipment for one of the most iconic classes limited in appearance to hooded robes only?

Really????

No one thought that perhaps, just perhaps, a game that purports to set itself apart via its RP and story elements just might be problematic by severely limiting a significant portion of their users' character appearance??

Seriously?

Complicated fix or not Bioware, I hope you realize that this IS a high-priority for a significant portion of your customers.

I am now seriously reconsidering extending my subscription past the original month.:(

I'm sorry, but I have to rant now.

So the hood up/down functionality is a complicated fix.

And yet, the game went live with primary equipment for one of the most iconic classes limited in appearance to hooded robes only?

Really????

No one thought that perhaps, just perhaps, a game that purports to set itself apart via its RP and story elements just might be problematic by severely limiting a significant portion of their users' character appearance??

Seriously?

Complicated fix or not Bioware, I hope you realize that this IS a high-priority for a significant portion of your customers.

I am now seriously reconsidering extending my subscription past the original month.:(

When I went back and got the links for my "add in the following hood down armors post" it was staggering just how many hood down looks they showed us, how often they did it, and how clearly "hood down" was far and away the dominant image advertised for the Knight.

And then zero of those looks made it into the game. It is high time they fixed this, and they need to fix it before the subscription time runs out. No one likes a bait and switch, and whether it was accidental or not, that's what this was. Fortunately the solution is simple and easy to fix.

Hood Toggle too hard? Fine. Just give us the armors you showed us.

This is stupid. I dont care if there's a toggle. Just put the robes in the game! The models ALREADY EXIST! It's NOT hard to create a half dozen moddable items and throw them on planetary commendation vendors, especially when they can be clones in all but model tag of the options that currently exist.

Zero dev time required. Just put the items in the game.

This is stupid. I dont care if there's a toggle. Just put the robes in the game! The models ALREADY EXIST! It's NOT hard to create a half dozen moddable items and throw them on planetary commendation vendors, especially when they can be clones in all but model tag of the options that currently exist.

Zero dev time required. Just put the items in the game.

I have a thread linking all of the hood down armors on this website for the Devs to add in the game. Bump it if you feel this is a solution that would work.

I think they removed content so they can add it in the future, that's "free work" you know.

Like we get super excited to get amazing pieces, while it's been done for months, that gives them the time to actually work on bugs.

Though the bad part is that we'll have to wait till major content update :/ . At best.

Thats a lie. I worked as a programmer for years, than was a detective at a special department of police working on computer related crimes so i know a bit about coding. There is NOTHING HARD about the hood down toggle, unless they really screwed something up. Whats needed is already in the game.

Same with the hood down robes. Just recolor a sith one.

Deeply dissapointed.

the funny thing is the armors are their yet the devs have deliberately took them out? do you think they did this on purpose to put people off of the class or did someone delete something they werent meant to

Wow. I never thought of that. Why would they deliberately scrap hours of worked that they felt looked so cool they used it to advertise the class for years, even putting such an image on the cover of the game? To make us not want to play the same class they spent so much time making us want to play?

There are almost no hood up images in the entire marketing campaign, including the videos they made to spotlight the class. And then, three months before launch, all hoods? It makes no sense. Literally none. And I won't have to think about it ever again if they would just put the hood down armors into the game.

Well, that's just not true.

As you can see, the "twilek" toggle, actually makes the hood completely disappear. The same way goggles or helmet make the hood disappear.

On screenshots and NPC, you can clearly see a clipped "hood down" part on the shoulders.

If they thought they didn't have the time to work on the textures for all those hoods (because as you probably noticed, they tend to differ with different gear), it might take them a decent amount if time before fixing it.

And worst, there are MANY pieces that have a hood down, but tied to the chest. And there's nothing "easy" about having a toggle on that... While it's clear many gears were designed to have or not the hood (many jedi gear), many of them were thought "without a hood" right away (mainly, the sith armors, or the kind you get on tython).

I guess that they want something "equal" for everybody, so it might take a while.

But if we wait 9 months for a "hood disappears" toggle, I'll rage more than they can ever imagine.

Wow. I never thought of that. Why would they deliberately scrap hours of worked that they felt looked so cool they used it to advertise the class for years, even putting such an image on the cover of the game? To make us not want to play the same class they spent so much time making us want to play?

I already gave two answers to that. (two possible answers)

1) They wanted a lot of people to "switch" and reroll, and play other classes so the Jedi Knight doesn't end up being TOO popular.

2) They keep the good stuff from us so they can add it in "content" updates, and pretend they worked on the content while all they did was actually working on the game breaking bugs that weren't supposed to be there for launch.

Edited by Strayth

Just to see what we're talking about, here is a link to my thread linking all of the completed armors (14 total) that are hood down, both Guardian and Sentinel, that the Devs could add to the game with a touch of a button.

Just give them the same stats as the hood up versions that are already in, make them moddable and add them at the same levels you get the hood up versions and done.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=97688

And if you haven't seen them in a while, I think you'll agree that a lot of these are totally kick ***.