Children & charity

Naoshala

I think it would be really great if you could have a home with children and babysitters & stuff. Adoptable children would be a very easy way of doing that and bioware could easily partner with a real world charity to give them a share of the profits from the sale of optional DLC which adds adopted kids to strongholds.

There tend to be laws around how children can be displayed in video games. Given how much strongholds can be customised to move decorations around and combine them in various ways, I don't see child personnel decorations happening, ever.

(Also, I think the game only has two child models and they both kinda creepy. Very uncanny valley-ish.)

I mentioned it way back when in the suggestion or cartel suggestion threads for Personnel and decorations.

It's something I'd like and I agree and remember mentioning in the past, the existing child models are a bit creepy... I remember somebody disagreed with that in the old thread.

What I'd like, I'd like to have a newborn in alike a floaty droid/carriage--over anything resembling the current kid models, maybe some nanny type care droids and such.

Really? Could you be more specific please? Which law are you referring to?

There tend to be laws around how children can be displayed in video games. Given how much strongholds can be customised to move decorations around and combine them in various ways, I don't see child personnel decorations happening, ever.

(Also, I think the game only has two child models and they both kinda creepy. Very uncanny valley-ish.)

Really? Could you be more specific please? Which law are you referring to?

The laws are probably not overtly directed at video games, but pretty much any law prohibiting child **** will cover juvenile nudity in video games.

EDIT: sigh. Pee Oh Are Enn.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

no there isnt

• 2 weeks later...

What I'd like, I'd like to have a newborn in alike a floaty droid/carriage--over anything resembling the current kid models, maybe some nanny type care droids and such.

THIS! I have McGivered a couple of cribs but they're sad and empty. I'd love their to be some kind of cradle with a little sleeping bundle in it. I imagine they could make it kind of ambiguous, or maybe just one of each race.

I'd also love if there ware some regular trophy sized artwork that could serve as a photo. Ideally, I'd want pics of my toons and their companions but I don't know how realistic or possible that is. I just want my strongholds to be homes that represent the lives they've built.