Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

I bought the Trailblazer for the slimline appearance it gave, the newly added shoulderpad etc just make it look like the jacket attained from the Trouble in Deed Heroic. If I wanted THAT look I wouldn't have bought the trailblazer :/ Changing the visuals of an armour without giving players the option of a refund is unfair.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While you may have received some flak about it not looking like what was advertised, now after 3 weeks you change things to look as advertised and cheesed off a whole new set of people. Better stop the hemoraging now. Do something in the next cycle or risk hurting your Cartel Market.

oh I'm so sorry about stating my dissatisfaction with a change that I got no warning for to an item paid for, because it has specific parameters and now due to that change? it doesn't. I'm sorry for voicing my concerns so that the company actually KNOWS they exist, instead of quietly seething to myself or better yet, not paying them anymore without even explaining why, because they are not mind readers and why can't they tell that some change or other is unwelcome. I'm so very very sorry for having preferences.

now if only bioware made a patch that would get rid of people who come into concern threads just to ***** at those expressing concerns...

If only BioWare made a patch that would get rid of both of you people. lol

:eek:

As far as the Phantom set goes. They finally gave us what was advertised, what was intended finally and you people crying about it make no sense at all, and is complete nonsense, and beyond ridiculous. The set never should of looked the way it did when it was released period.

All I see is personal crying. Sorry folks, but I care more about getting the gear that was promised over complaining for personal wants. And wanted items to stay not as they were intended is just flat out stupid. From the day the pack in the picture below went live, the picture of the Phantom set has always been what it finally got corrected to today.

I said it in another thread I'll say it here too. The real issue is in how long it took BW to correct the items.

I suppose it would be too much like right to simply petition for a secondary set instead of acting this way. And no I am not in support of BW either.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7459694_f260.jpg

How about those people who don't care about what was advertised. Some, like myself wait until the items hit the GTN before we decide if we are going to spend money on cartel packs. After 3 weeks, you might expect that they would correct if for those who wanted the intended style, but keep those who liked the unintended style. Make both happy instead of pissing off more. I mean this post is now 516 posts long about how people don't like the intended style.

EA really screwed up. Nothing new. How they fix it, I am VERY interested in seeing.

The ball is in your court EA...

I can't blame people who are upset for having their gear changed after they bought and paid for it. As far as I'm concerend Bioware owes a few people some point refunds to set this right.

I've bot pix of the before and after...in the before shot, the shirt was more fitted looking and ended at the belt...more leathering ribbing and no sternum pocket. On the second its more like an officer's jacket, with the shirt falling just below the buttocks. Some might disagree, but I take my SWTOR fashion seriously, and after being screwed over once with the red investigator's suit that turns brown/black on top for my Jedi...I'm feeling mislead, and totally understand why people are angry. They paid cash money for the sets...:mad: I personally am not that angry about the Spymaster set, but I understand why people are. That's twice now, ppl getting mislead and feeling cheated from the cash shop clothing sets. And I hear Phantom stuff got changed as well. I'm really glad I didn't buy that, or it would be 3 times screwed over.

Before:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/Lunafox13/SpyMasterShirtBefore_zps4ffddd08.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/Lunafox13/BeforeshirtBackside_zps4dfc2c06.jpg

After Bioware's changes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/Lunafox13/SpymastershirtAfter_zps55eca24e.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/Lunafox13/SpymasterAfterRear_zpse30a54ff.jpg

Simply put?

People paid real-world money for an item, and the item's graphics (the only reason they bought the item at all, really) were changed without their consent. Regardless of what the intended design initially was, these armor pieces were able to be previewed on the characters before their purchase, and showed an image they liked, so they purchased it.

The analogy would be if you purchased a painting from an artist, and the artist came by a month later and made some changes to the piece without your consent. If you like the change, then good for you. If you didn't like it, then you just had something you owned messed with without your consent.

Yes, I'm aware that the TOS says that all the items are really owned by bioware, they can do whatever they want, yadda yadda yadda, but the question is one of morality: Should they be doing these sort of changes on people who didn't ask for the changes?

Frankly, at the minimum, Bioware should refund the players who purchased the old looks and liked them, or restore the original looks across the board, or create a second version with the old looks and give them to those that prefer the old looks. Otherwise, why should I purchase any cosmetic item from the shop, if I'm not sure that's how the art is going to remain?

How about those people who don't care about what was advertised. Some, like myself wait until the items hit the GTN before we decide if we are going to spend money on cartel packs. After 3 weeks, you might expect that they would correct if for those who wanted the intended style, but keep those who liked the unintended style. Make both happy instead of pissing off more. I mean this post is now 516 posts long about how people don't like the intended style.

EA really screwed up. Nothing new. How they fix it, I am VERY interested in seeing.

How about you stop being silly. The problem is that you do care, and pretending that you don't, when you clearly do care. That you care about something as silly as a correction. Not a change. Not an alteration, a CORRECTION. I expect nothing. But I am not foolish enough to NOT look at all the details first either. You obviously come to these forums, and obviously read the treads from time to time. You knew the deal. Heard about the miss-hap, so don't give me that excuse about how you didn't know. Hell. I didn't even buy the stuff, but I sure did look at the advertisement for items, and it wasn't rocket science in seeing that there was an obvious error either. Sure, there are some serious issues here. Crying about corrections is one. BW taking way to long to implement these corrections is another. Just stop pretending that this is game breaking. It's not.. .

There is bigger fish to fry when it comes to things that are wrong with this game, yet you chose to be upset about this?

EA, BW did what they were suppose to do for once. Even if it was weeks later.

I guess I should post here - I hardly ever come to these boards.

I bought several sets of that spy gear a while back off of the auction, because I liked how it looked. I logged in today, and it was all changed. Can we just have the option to display the old look? I liked it better, and bought that gear because it looked the way it did. I don't really use the cartel shop other than to have spent some of my freebie credits I get as a subscriber on some packs, so I couldn't even tell you where to look for the original gear people were buying and posting - so I don't even know what it was supposed to look like, only what I saw when I was buying it.

Anyway, if we could get the option to have it the old way, that would be awesome - the look really made my female characters look cool.

Thank you!

Hmmm...not happy with the adding of a hood to the Perceptor outfit myself. I based it off in game appearance and didnt know it was even suppossed to have a hood, as the preview never showed a hood up.

What is worse is that the robe now got a "buttflap" which isn't visible from the front at all, and only serves to clip through the robe. Mind-boggling.

Buying it off the GTN is their problem. Bioware acknowledged the at least 3 sets were incorrect and that they should look as advertised. This they did last year on 12/12/12 to be exact. The only people and really the only people that would have gotten screwed would have been anyone who bought a cartel pack before Bioware acknowledging it was wrong and Bioware didn't eventually fix what's advertised which they did fix. It's with anything that was unintentional, anyone who bought it off the GTN knowing it was incorrect & knowing Bioware said they intend to make it right has no right to complain. Anyone who didn't know is just ignorant of the known issues. Dev Tracker has a purpose & choosing not to use it is one's own choice and problem. Instead of ************ about them correcting known issues, better off submitting a suggestion that Bioware implement the unintentional design into the cartel market as well either in a pack or optional set.

Edited by Asuka

well the devs have stated both spymaster and phantom are being reverted. so quite obviously the general public as a whole liked the initial release look rather than this ridiculous current look.

i mean it looks like you have turn signals on your shoulders and a break light on your chest as well as a neck pillow used to sleep while on an airplane (as someone mentioned previously). were there no red lights or neck pillows, i'd have been good. Dorking it up with lights and 80's era shoulder pads for women = Epitome of Epic Fail.

So sometimes you change the product and sometimes you change the art - and you couldn't see why people might be just a tiny bit upset by this entire charlie-foxtrot?

I hate to jump on what others have said but this pretty much sums it up.

It's in consistency all over. The new pack you are changing the "artwork for" because the item doesn't match. Revan's robes you change to make match the "in-game Revan" and ignore the icons and the preview images. The Phantom robes you change to match the art.

It seems that the changes come at random with art being changed one day, icon another, item another, and it makes a chaotic mess.

While I can respect the desire to make an item match the advertisement after weeks and weeks of the item being out people weren't wearing and buying the item because of the advertisement but because of the preview window. Had it been a quick change that would have been one thing, but after weeks the market for an item existed and countless people spent credits or cartel coins to get it after witnessing and looking at it. By this point changing it wasn't going to make people happy for obvious reasons. Those that wanted it after seeing the advertisement had probably seen what it looked like and weren't buying it. Those that had it and didn't get rid of it LIKED it. Now all these people logged on to see something they had massively changed.

I highly doubt people that didn't like it kept it all up until now and waited and hoped for a change. By now it was probably gotten rid of if people didn't like it. That means the majority of people with the item liked it and were given a whole separate item.

Now, purchases made for it today obviously are because of liking the new outfit but do you think more purchases were made today or in the past few weeks? At this point the item exist for both. You have the data, you have the files, all it takes is a release of something that already exists. Hardly any work.

If you bought a suit after trying it on in the dressing room and woke up one morning to find the suit completely different and your clothes all mixed up and screwy you'd be obviously ticked off. People buy and keep clothing they like and throw out clothing they don't like. Changing something like that means that the people with the new item were ones that liked the old one.

well the devs have stated both spymaster and phantom are being reverted. so quite obviously the general public as a whole liked the initial release look rather than this ridiculous current look.

i mean it looks like you have turn signals on your shoulders and a break light on your chest as well as a neck pillow used to sleep while on an airplane (as someone mentioned previously). were there no red lights or neck pillows, i'd have been good. Dorking it up with lights and 80's era shoulder pads for women = Epitome of Epic Fail.

Actually no, Joveth simply mentioned relaying feedback, other than that they aren't changing anything.

Wrong....they are not being reverted.

This really pissed me off. I spent quite a bit of RL money on packs specifically to get an adaptive armor usable at low level that looked good and did not have a hood. And no, I do not want a stupid headband either, I want to be able to hide that and not have the stupid hood up. Would Bioware like to buy this costume piece back for me? If not, then kiss my sub goodbye. :mad: Edited by DarthVandalism

They never said it was going back. They fixed an issue that many asked them to fix. The picture shows what it looks like now, back then the actual armor wasnt like that. You can't advertise something for purchase, and the surprise someone with a different piece of armor after they buy it. Maybe you can ask them for the bugged version in another pack if you like it, but these corrections are here to stay. A developer even mentioned it in another thread.

BW, this is a mess you have on your hands. The spymaster, phantom, and trailblazer changes are not welcomed by the majority of players..

Did you personally poll every player in the game to come up with a majority? They aren't changes, they're fixes to acknowledged known issues with incorrectly implemented armor sets which has been a known issue for a month now.

Did you personally poll every player in the game to come up with a majority? They aren't changes, they're fixes to acknowledged known issues with incorrectly implemented armor sets which has been a known issue for a month now.

I saw no previews of Perceptor chest piece having the hood up. No artwork for it either.

Now, this doesn't effect me in anyway, other than I spent in game creds (wasted now) and my companion I put it on now needs a new outfit, since I didnt want him having a hood up. But it's better than it being something my character was wearing.

I hate to jump on what others have said but this pretty much sums it up.

It's in consistency all over. The new pack you are changing the "artwork for" because the item doesn't match. Revan's robes you change to make match the "in-game Revan" and ignore the icons and the preview images. The Phantom robes you change to match the art.

It seems that the changes come at random with art being changed one day, icon another, item another, and it makes a chaotic mess.

While I can respect the desire to make an item match the advertisement after weeks and weeks of the item being out people weren't wearing and buying the item because of the advertisement but because of the preview window. Had it been a quick change that would have been one thing, but after weeks the market for an item existed and countless people spent credits or cartel coins to get it after witnessing and looking at it. By this point changing it wasn't going to make people happy for obvious reasons. Those that wanted it after seeing the advertisement had probably seen what it looked like and weren't buying it. Those that had it and didn't get rid of it LIKED it. Now all these people logged on to see something they had massively changed.

I highly doubt people that didn't like it kept it all up until now and waited and hoped for a change. By now it was probably gotten rid of if people didn't like it. That means the majority of people with the item liked it and were given a whole separate item.

Now, purchases made for it today obviously are because of liking the new outfit but do you think more purchases were made today or in the past few weeks? At this point the item exist for both. You have the data, you have the files, all it takes is a release of something that already exists. Hardly any work.

If you bought a suit after trying it on in the dressing room and woke up one morning to find the suit completely different and your clothes all mixed up and screwy you'd be obviously ticked off. People buy and keep clothing they like and throw out clothing they don't like. Changing something like that means that the people with the new item were ones that liked the old one.

They told people a month ago it was wrong, that it should match the promos and that they were going to fix it just as they were informed the Revan robe in the art and the actual item were both incorrect compared to Revan in-game which they also stated they would correct. Buying it in any form after they stated this is buying at your own risk. It doesn't make one entitled to keep the faulty item in question. Even before they acknowledged it was wrong, the sets being different from the pack art should be an indication there's a problem.

Simply put?

People paid real-world money for an item, and the item's graphics (the only reason they bought the item at all, really) were changed without their consent. Regardless of what the intended design initially was, these armor pieces were able to be previewed on the characters before their purchase, and showed an image they liked, so they purchased it.

The analogy would be if you purchased a painting from an artist, and the artist came by a month later and made some changes to the piece without your consent. If you like the change, then good for you. If you didn't like it, then you just had something you owned messed with without your consent.

Yes, I'm aware that the TOS says that all the items are really owned by bioware, they can do whatever they want, yadda yadda yadda, but the question is one of morality: Should they be doing these sort of changes on people who didn't ask for the changes?

Frankly, at the minimum, Bioware should refund the players who purchased the old looks and liked them, or restore the original looks across the board, or create a second version with the old looks and give them to those that prefer the old looks. Otherwise, why should I purchase any cosmetic item from the shop, if I'm not sure that's how the art is going to remain?

Well, you are not being truthful when you say you paid "real money" for the items.

They told people a month ago it was wrong, that it should match the promos and that they were going to fix it just as they were informed the Revan robe in the art and the actual item were both incorrect compared to Revan in-game which they also stated they would correct. Buying it in any form after they stated this is buying at your own risk. It doesn't make one entitled to keep the faulty item in question. Even before they acknowledged it was wrong, the sets being different from the pack art should be an indication there's a problem.

If you could be so kind as to link where they said they were changing the item as opposed to the preview?

The main point of my post is inconsistency. One item they decide to change the art for, another they change the item.

For an "accidental" or "mistaken" item, I've noticed the in-game icon AND the preview image both showed a regular suit. I'd think that when the item itself, the icon for the item, the preview window for the item, etc all display one thing I could trust it.