Can Sith join the Force after they die?

Reeny

I haven't actually read the the stories, but I understand Palpatine's force ghost tries to possess one of Leia and Hans kids at some point or something... so I'd guess yes. That and he was able to transmit his consciousness after death through the force to a clone... kinda similar...

But Darth Vader turned back to the Lightside when he killed the Emperor.

So he was LS when he died and was shown as Anakin as a ghost.

Darth Vader died in the movies and became a ghost

Not exactly. Although dark siders do transcend into the force after the event of death, it isn't in the same way as Jedi. It's said that Dark siders experience a dark void of madness after they die, like Palpatine. But in some cases force apparitions take form, usually bound to a place, like a tomb. This is shown in the SI storyline with Lord Kallig.

With Jedi, they are able to float around wherever they please, in Obi wan, Yoda and Qui-gon's case, they are able to keep their mortal memories and identities after death as well.

So yes they do become ghosts of the force, but in a different way, I like to think of it as a punishment for their actions in life, I don't know the exact reason why it's like this though.

Also, in the case of Darth Vader/Anakin, he turned to the lightside when he destroyed his master, and was enveloped by love when he died, which let him hold his identity and become one with the force. This is also why he is shown as a younger version of himself, because when he turned into Darth Vader, he wasn't Anakin anymore.

The capital world of the Empire has an old temple full of old sith ghosts. If you play the SI storyline you go around ghostbusting all over the galaxy. All of the spirits are quite demented but with lightside options you can help them from the anger and madness. Although they still are selfish tools it's possible to give them peace if you are close with the lightside Edited by Felight

The capital world of the Empire has an old temple full of old sith ghosts. If you play the SI storyline you go around ghostbusting all over the galaxy. All of the spirits are quite demented but with lightside options you can help them from the anger and madness. Although they still are selfish tools it's possible to give them peace if you are close with the lightside

Basically Ghost Whisperer, Star Wars edition. :D

The capital world of the Empire has an old temple full of old sith ghosts. If you play the SI storyline you go around ghostbusting all over the galaxy. All of the spirits are quite demented but with lightside options you can help them from the anger and madness. Although they still are selfish tools it's possible to give them peace if you are close with the lightside

Outside of the SI story, there's one ghost you can talk to regardless of class on Kaas, who pretty much tells you "the Sith are wrong and the Jedi are right".

Outside of the SI story, there's one ghost you can talk to regardless of class on Kaas, who pretty much tells you "the Sith are wrong and the Jedi are right".

But that's no ghost, that's only a holocron. (At least it seemed like that.)

But that's no ghost, that's only a holocron. (At least it seemed like that.)

Pretty sure it was a Sith Lord's spirit.

It's in the tomb where everyone's been disappearing and getting posessed by dead Sith.

It's in the tomb where everyone's been disappearing and getting posessed by dead Sith.

No, he says himself he's a holocron (holocrons are both advanced and imbued with the Force so they can hold proper conversations like ghost)

Keleth 'Ur in the Dark Temple - durign the conversation with hiom, he makes it pretty clear that he is an interactive hologram, not a Force Ghost.

However, during the SI storyline in the Dark Temple you get to meet the Force Ghost of Lord Kallig, and the SI encounters several other Force Ghosts during the story, so this is definitely possible.

No, he says himself he's a holocron (holocrons are both advanced and imbued with the Force so they can hold proper conversations like ghost)

Oh, you mean just like the holocrons that the Consular has to gather to find out how to fight Morrhage's plague???:eek:

The safer assumption for you to have made is that I know the difference between types of Holocron, instead of confusing poor memory of an event for ignorance of lore and technologies contained within it.

To be fair, I was just reminded too much of encountering Ajunta Pall's ghost on Korriban during KoTOR a bit too much.

Oh, you mean just like the holocrons that the Consular has to gather to find out how to fight Morrhage's plague???:eek:

The safer assumption for you to have made is that I know the difference between types of Holocron, instead of confusing poor memory of an event for ignorance of lore and technologies contained within it.

To be fair, I was just reminded too much of encountering Ajunta Pall's ghost on Korriban during KoTOR a bit too much.

I wasn't assuming you were ignorant, I provided information IN CASE you were, or for anyone else who wanted clarification for that matter, but it wasn't the focal point of my post.

Edited by Darth_Vicente

Typically, truly becomes one with the Force is an act of peace and losing one's self, therefore it is typically under the purview of the Jedi to do so.

Becoming a Force Ghost that inhabits the living realm is an act of emotional ties to, or a selfish want to stay on, the worldly plane. Therefore Sith often become ghosts as such.

Any sufficiently powerful Force-user can manifest as a ghost after their death, the method and characteristics just differ from light-sider to dark-sider. Light-siders typically merge with the greater Force and only manifest in times when they feel their are needed to influence the living world. Dark-siders typically remain separated from the greater Force, being a lonesome spirit that is bound to an person, place, or thing. Often it is redemption in life that that prevents this fate, or redemption in death that alters it. But, given the time period of sufficiently populated Jedi and Sith Orders with numerous mindsets and moralities, it is possible Force users of each Order to witness the fate often thought characteristic of the other.

Typically, truly becomes one with the Force is an act of peace and losing one's self, therefore it is typically under the purview of the Jedi to do so.

Becoming a Force Ghost that inhabits the living realm is an act of emotional ties to, or a selfish want to stay on, the worldly plane. Therefore Sith often become ghosts as such.

Any sufficiently powerful Force-user can manifest as a ghost after their death, the method and characteristics just differ from light-sider to dark-sider. Light-siders typically merge with the greater Force and only manifest in times when they feel their are needed to influence the living world. Dark-siders typically remain separated from the greater Force, being a lonesome spirit that is bound to an person, place, or thing. Often it is redemption in life that that prevents this fate, or redemption in death that alters it. But, given the time period of sufficiently populated Jedi and Sith Orders with numerous mindsets and moralities, it is possible Force users of each Order to witness the fate often thought characteristic of the other.

This is horrifically incorrect.

Actually all beings in Star Wars become one with the Force when they die eventually. All beings do this, but eventually is the keyword. The difference is wither or not this is painful.

You see when someone tries to hold onto their power or personality or attachments the Force begins tearing those away. The harder you hold on the harder it tries to rip them away and the more painful it is. The longer it also takes.

Thus when a Jedi dies, because they have moved beyond attachments this process is without pain.

When a Sith dies, because they are all about passions and attachments and all they live for is power, this process is incredibly painful.

This is incorrect.

A Force Ghost is something that happens when a Force User completely lets go of attachments at the moment of death and doesn't seek to retain personality and power. The Force rewards them and allows them to retain their personality and memories. Thus only Jedi become Force Ghosts.

Sith can bind themselves to objects and locations, but this is incredibly painful. They are known as Force Wraiths and are restricted in where they can and cannot go. Once the physical object stopping them from becoming one with the Force is destroyed they go to meet their final fate.

Actually all beings in Star Wars become one with the Force when they die eventually. All beings do this, but eventually is the keyword. The difference is wither or not this is painful.

You see when someone tries to hold onto their power or personality or attachments the Force begins tearing those away. The harder you hold on the harder it tries to rip them away and the more painful it is. The longer it also takes.

Thus when a Jedi dies, because they have moved beyond attachments this process is without pain.

When a Sith dies, because they are all about passions and attachments and all they live for is power, this process is incredibly painful.

A Force Ghost is something that happens when a Force User completely lets go of attachments at the moment of death and doesn't seek to retain personality and power. The Force rewards them and allows them to retain their personality and memories. Thus only Jedi become Force Ghosts.

Sith can bind themselves to objects and locations, but this is incredibly painful. They are known as Force Wraiths and are restricted in where they can and cannot go. Once the physical object stopping them from becoming one with the Force is destroyed they go to meet their final fate.

That all seems correct, I suppose my main problem was in terminology and trying explain things with certain false indicators like "truly", "usually", "perhaps".

I suppose I should have said spirit or presence instead of Force Ghost. I mostly tried to convey that Force users possess means of which they maintain a presence in the living realm after death whether they be light-siders or dark-siders. In the end, Jedi typically being about moving on, while Sith typically being about refusing to pass. The manner of which beings make their presence known after death, and the emotional and mental state of said being, being widely varied based on actions pursued in life and at the moment of death.