Why people solo when they can group?

internaty

You shouldn't take it personal. For myself i can say that I solo probably 98% of the time because i have 3 kids, the youngest being 3. I don't think it's fair to a group to ask them to wait when i suddenly have to go AFK.

Also, as mentioned by others, try the whisper first. If some one asks me to join, i say no and explain why. If i just get a request then I just decline. So the way you ask dictates the response you get.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really bug's mo.

When i am in a area questing and i see someone doing the EXACT same quest i useall invite them.

It offer's both of us extra xp and we dont fight over mobs.

But 90% of the time i get diclined.

Why?

Even if your not interested in turning in the quest togather grouping at the very least allow for mob sharing.

So explain to me why people outright refuse to group for a couple of min get the rewards then leave:S

It just doesnt make sense.

Perhaps people want to enjoy the storyline for their character, and don't like to have everyone in the group yelling about "SPACEBAR!!!" I've grouped with some folks that were just fine. I've grouped with others that were total jackwagons. Usually, I choose to solo unless I'm almost finished on a planet.

This really bug's mo.

When i am in a area questing and i see someone doing the EXACT same quest i useall invite them.

It offer's both of us extra xp and we dont fight over mobs.

But 90% of the time i get diclined.

Why?

Even if your not interested in turning in the quest togather grouping at the very least allow for mob sharing.

So explain to me why people outright refuse to group for a couple of min get the rewards then leave:S

It just doesnt make sense.

Because I'm tired of ninja-looters and people who are rude. I'd rather wait five extra minutes for the clicky/boss to respawn than lose out on good gear because someone wants it for their blasted companion.

I'll group, sometimes -- but usually only with friends, and NEVER from blind invites. If you can't be bothered to at least whisper me first why should I bother accommodating you?

• 4 weeks later...
only group for heroics and flashpoints which I actually love to do on all planets, but never for normal quests or class quests makes things too easy and boring

Very True!

However, my wife and I have found a new way to game together and bond... It may be boring grouped for class and planet quest battles, but the pleasure of playing together is a huge positive. We can do all the Heroic 2+'s (green, yellow, orange) and many of the 4's without others while still green...

I also think there are way too few drops for anymore to join us, why bother doing a huge heroic 4 to only wind up with a single green drop? If there is anything lacking in this game, is the drops for the larger Heroics.... Does not make for much of an incentive for a group of more then 2 people. We get asked from others to join us, expecially when they see us kick some rear in a heroic 4, but we decline, even if its too hard for us paired.... In a way, its sad, but we want the drops for US and not interested in sharing... They want improved group play, they need more drops, expecially the orange ones and then maybe we will be more open to a group of more then just us 2 for heroic 4's.... We wont do any grouping for the 2's, the game is easy with us paired, so its refresing to have a nice challenge with the heroics to keep us "sharp".

People may say, but what about orange drops for classes we do not play, yep, I want those too, to sell on GTN and make some money.... we do not want to share when there is so few drops in orange to begin with.

Perhaps people want to enjoy the storyline for their character, and don't like to have everyone in the group yelling about "SPACEBAR!!!" I've grouped with some folks that were just fine. I've grouped with others that were total jackwagons. Usually, I choose to solo unless I'm almost finished on a planet.

Man no kidding. I HATE it when I have to PUG and someone keeps shouting that. My reply is, if you want to rush through this then please go back to WOW. This is a ROLE PLAYING GAME, not a friggin speed contest. Idiots are probably the biggest reason players don't like grouping anymore.

For the original poster, if you love grouping so much then join a guild. You can't expect total strangers to group at your whim.

Edited by oslek

I just started playing the game. I'm a lvl 13 Mercenary and I'm having trouble with the mission where you have to kill the Sith woman and the one where you have to get the Mandalorian guy at his camp. If i group with someone else, do we each get the reward from it?

I just started playing the game. I'm a lvl 13 Mercenary and I'm having trouble with the mission where you have to kill the Sith woman and the one where you have to get the Mandalorian guy at his camp. If i group with someone else, do we each get the reward from it?

Yes you will get the mission reward