Boss Stealth Detection

Hi, I play a Jedi Shadow, and I find that bosses in flashpoints seem to aggro from farther away if I'm stealthed than if I'm not. That is to say, I can stand at a fixed distance unstealthed, and be totally safe, but if I don't move, and stealth, the boss will aggro.

Anyone else experiencing this bug?

I saw that once on my guildmate. He is playing a Healer scoundrel. We where doing Red Reaper. This weird boss that just runs around the corner throwing stuff..

We came into the T room and waited near the door. He was stealthed... maybe 2 min while we where into a tactic discussion, the boss charged into the stealthed healer starting the fight. Everyone just could type "***???"

Ive been in TS with my mate.. he didnt do anything. He didnt even had him in target.

I was wondering the same thing, but then I also want to ask the question?

Are you spec'd the assassins deception tree mirror?

Just curious.. or did you go down the pvp tree and decide to keep that hate building build that no tank can hold off you?

Move out of the boss's direct line of sight and he won't see you while you're stealthed. If you're group is lined up with the boss to run straight at him, and you're with them, the boss will see you first while you're stealthed. If you move off to the side of the boss and approach on his peripheral he won't be able to see you. The same goes for regular mobs if you're trying to sneak around, never pass in front of them, always at least be in their peripheral. The stealth mechanic allows players and mobs to see you much easier if you're directly in front of them, and bosses have an enhanced version of this being able to see you from a much farther distance.

• 11 months later...