Companion affection & crew skills

hildward

I read that raising affection with your companion will result in faster crew skills (in the tips).

Now I have a few questions about this:

- Does this apply to BOTH crafting & gathering crew skills?

- Does this apply only to the crew skills your companion is specialized in? (someone in general chat said this but i think this is unlikely?)

- When do the effects start kicking in? I raised my affection with Khem Val to 2.6K but have not seen any reduce in mission time?

Thanks alot!

What happens if you completely lose all affection with your companion? Does he leave you? And if so what happens to your crew skills?

No effect,

I just got C2, which has 0 affection with me.

He stands, sits, and cleans as I order him... or whatever I ordered him to do.

It's just the "success rate of mission"... He has more fail missions (no yield) compare to my T7, which I have 1.5K affection. (lvl 18 here btw... affection still low :()

Thanks alot ! :)

Also a more specific question regarding Biochem: Can all items become epic with reverse engineering? (Implants, stims, adrenals?)

I've gotten to the epic parts of stims and medpacks really fast, but i don't seem to ever get one with adrenals... Is it just bad luck or am i wasting my time reverse engineering the adrenals?

Thanks alot ! :)

Also a more specific question regarding Biochem: Can all items become epic with reverse engineering? (Implants, stims, adrenals?)

I've gotten to the epic parts of stims and medpacks really fast, but i don't seem to ever get one with adrenals... Is it just bad luck or am i wasting my time reverse engineering the adrenals?

I'll put that down to bad luck.. I'm having the same problem with my Artificing. I can get the higher level schematic for my hilts, but none so far for my Crystal and Enchantment (mind you, I've RE-ed abuot 20 Enchantments and get nuts, but hilts within 7-10 tries = higher schematics)

Bugged or not, I don't know and I can't tell.

No effect,

I just got C2, which has 0 affection with me.

He stands, sits, and cleans as I order him... or whatever I ordered him to do.

It's just the "success rate of mission"... He has more fail missions (no yield) compare to my T7, which I have 1.5K affection. (lvl 18 here btw... affection still low :()

Thank you.