Resolve Thread #1 Billion

JackNader

I swear most people don't read lol. At least Foxmob get's it.

I am going to say this one more time. Roots adding to the resolve system I proposed will NOT affect a snipers capacity to root and slow in a 1v1 situation. I have played a gunslinger, I know full well how much time gunslingers spend rooting/slowing knocking back and generally trying to keep mobs off of them. Quite frankly the class is WEAK vs mobs and strong vs individual targets. They can't root en mass. That class is at the mercy of the rest of their team more than any other class. If your team is bad you will get rolled and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. You need your teammates as a meat shield to keep the mobs back so you can pick off targets.

The current system has the resolve bar filling up continuously. When stuns are not used it takes a little while for the resolve bar to start to decay. My system has the resolve bar decaying constantly. If you manage to fill the resolve bar completely full you get punished for it.. and rightfully so! Firing off a root every 9 seconds will NOT fill someones resolve bar to full. Hell, even if 5 warriors leap to you at the same time it would still only add 200 net resolve points. The maximum duration you can be rooted with my system is 10 seconds. 10 seconds is long time to be standing in 1 spot but under the current resolve system you can be stuck in the one spot indefinitely which is an absolutely freaking joke!

Now onto this 3 v 1 crap and saying my system does nothing. I'm probably wasting my time here but I'll spell it out anyway.

Let's assume player A is being attacked by player B and C within the current resolve system. All 3 players are of the same skill level, have the same hit points and damage, etc. Player A will reduce the health of player B by 50% before he dies while player C is at full health. Now let's throw stuns into the mix. Player A will likely do no damage to player B and C because they have twice the stuns and will be able to "stunlock" him to the point where he has no opportunity to attack, pop defenses, stun back, whatever....

Now let's assume that player A is of high skill level and player B and C are scrubs. Player A, because of optimal rotations, ends up churning out a little more than twice the damage of B and C. In this scenario player A will kill both player B and C. Now let's add stuns back into the mix. Player A should defeat player B but in turn be defeated by player C. Do you see the bigger picture here?

Stuns are a substitute for skill. That's my gripe! If 5 players set on me , sure I know I am likely going to die but at least if my skill level is high enough I could take out 1 or 2 players. I could pop defenses, I could delay them long enough for teammates to show up, etc. With the current resolve system it's stun stun stun death... so yes! the resolve changes I made make a HUGE difference! They are designed to punish players who lob stuns as a crutch, penalizing them for filling up the resolve bar. This is the way it damn well should be. That's the whole freaking point of having a resolve system. It's supposed to offset the stupid amount of stuns produced by the sheer volume of players and make the game actually enjoyable!

The current resolve system is BROKEN and yes I love how you skipped over the point made about bioware changing it implying it isn't functioning as intended ROTFL.

Edited by JackNader

I swear most people don't read lol. At least Foxmob get's it.

I am going to say this one more time. Roots adding to the resolve system I proposed will NOT affect a snipers capacity to root and slow in a 1v1 situation. I have played a gunslinger, I know full well how much time gunslingers spend rooting/slowing knocking back and generally trying to keep mobs off of them. Quite frankly the class is WEAK vs mobs and strong vs individual targets. They can't root en mass. That class is at the mercy of the rest of their team more than any other class. If your team is bad you will get rolled and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. You need your teammates as a meat shield to keep the mobs back so you can pick off targets.

The current system has the resolve bar filling up continuously. When stuns are not used it takes a little while for the resolve bar to start to decay. My system has the resolve bar decaying constantly. If you manage to fill the resolve bar completely full you get punished for it.. and rightfully so! Firing off a root every 9 seconds will NOT fill someones resolve bar to full. Hell, even if 5 warriors leap to you at the same time it would still only add 200 net resolve points. The maximum duration you can be rooted with my system is 10 seconds. 10 seconds is long time to be standing in 1 spot but under the current resolve system you can be stuck in the one spot indefinitely which is an absolutely freaking joke!

Now onto this 3 v 1 crap and saying my system does nothing. I'm probably wasting my time here but I'll spell it out anyway.

Let's assume player A is being attacked by player B and C within the current resolve system. All 3 players are of the same skill level, have the same hit points and damage, etc. Player A will reduce the health of player B by 50% before he dies while player C is at full health. Now let's throw stuns into the mix. Player A will likely do no damage to player B and C because they have twice the stuns and will be able to "stunlock" him to the point where he has no opportunity to attack, pop defenses, stun back, whatever....

Now let's assume that player A is of high skill level and player B and C are scrubs. Player A, because of optimal rotations, ends up churning out a little more than twice the damage of B and C. In this scenario player A will kill both player B and C. Now let's add stuns back into the mix. Player A should defeat player B but in turn be defeated by player C. Do you see the bigger picture here?

Stuns are a substitute for skill. That's my gripe! If 5 players set on me , sure I know I am likely going to die but at least if my skill level is high enough I could take out 1 or 2 players. I could pop defenses, I could delay them long enough for teammates to show up, etc. With the current resolve system it's stun stun stun death... so yes! the resolve changes I made make a HUGE difference! They are designed to punish players who lob stuns as a crutch, penalizing them for filling up the resolve bar. This is the way it damn well should be. That's the whole freaking point of having a resolve system. It's supposed to offset the stupid amount of stuns produced by the sheer volume of players and make the game actually enjoyable!

The current resolve system is BROKEN and yes I love how you skipped over the point made about bioware changing it implying it isn't functioning as intended ROTFL.

You've clearly not played a sniper much, if at all, as they are the only class with a baseline aoe root. It's apparent you don't really know what you're talking about.

You also don't realize what your resolve change will do to healers. It will make it nearly impossible to kill them. Getting a healer to 30% and then hard stunning them is pretty much the only way they will die right now.

Your main issue seems to be that baddies aren't punished for spamming CCs. Well if we revert the resolve system to pre 1.4, baddies will once again be punished for spamming CCs. Problem solved.

So I should have added "continuously" to the end of that sentence.. shoot me. 20 second aoe knockback with a root.. please. Sorcs can also spec into that too btw. Fat lot of good it does them too when they'll just be leaped too, rooted and stunned to death.

I can't believe i have to argue the point here. This community has had to deal with stunlock deaths for almost a year. How many people have unsubed over this? How many threads have been posted on this BB concerning it? How many times have we heard people complain they can't play their character because they are being stunned to death.

As for healers being unkillable with my changes.. NO. I've explained in great detail the problem with bioware's healing mechanics in previous threads. I warned people what would happen if bioware continues to push gear upgrades without entering an offset mechanic. Heals do FULL healing.. They bypass armor completely and heal for the full amount. Every time bioware releases new gear they increase the damage, healing, armor and hit points. It doesn't take a genius to work out that damage is being offset by the armor and hit points at least marginally but heals have NOTHING to offset it. Bioware implemented a half assed fix back in 1.2 when they reduced the pvp healing rate through expertise. My god why is this **** so hard for people to understand? Healing got a kick in the teeth in 1.2. It worked but all they did was kick the can down the road. The resolve system should have nothing to do with being able to kill healers. The fact that it presently does should speak volumes. You can't have a headache without an underlying cause.

Quite frankly I can kill healers fine when they are not guarded and I'm taunted. Granted my DPS character is min/maxed and I run the highest "sustained" single target burst spec in the game. Other classes are not so fortunate. So again don't pass the buck onto the resolve changes and cry you won't be able to kill healers when clearly it's biowares healing mechanics that are flawed.

Reverting the 1.4 changes back to what they were will achieve NOTHING. Not a damn thing. People complained bitterly about the system before. I can't believe I keep reading this statement. Do you people have goldfish syndrome or something? At least Bioware had enough foresight to realize their resolve system was failing and decided to do something about it. Granted they messed it up further but at least they tried!

Edited by JackNader

You've clearly not played a sniper much, if at all, as they are the only class with a baseline aoe root. It's apparent you don't really know what you're talking about.

You also don't realize what your resolve change will do to healers. It will make it nearly impossible to kill them. Getting a healer to 30% and then hard stunning them is pretty much the only way they will die right now.

Your main issue seems to be that baddies aren't punished for spamming CCs. Well if we revert the resolve system to pre 1.4, baddies will once again be punished for spamming CCs. Problem solved.

the 30% thing only applies to operatives. any sage can be burned down simply by interrupting (counting stuns/mezzes for interrupts but the 30% thing is insignificant). as for mercs, it's a question of outlasting their shield. once you've forced them to use their shield, they are no different from sages. interrupt them a couple times and they die. operatives, however, have too strong 'non-cast' heals to do this with, and they get a massive buff at 30%

as for the QQ about roots adding to resolve, that would only balance out the fact that resolve fills 50% slower post 1.4. so yeah, ok. it adds to resolve. guess what? it takes more resolve to fill the bar anyway. and why in the hell should two snipers be able to 'chain root' a melee? btw, no, i haven't played a gs/sniper. but my main is a commando, and healing was far from my first choice. I know what it's like to not have any root at all. no interrupt. a lousy kb that only worked as an interrupt that built resolve. and here you have one of the best dcds in the game. another dcd that the entire raid can benefit from. a melee stun. a ranged stun/mezz (I think it's a ranged flash?). a root. and you wanna cry foul cuz you root might not always root someone? please. give my commando half the stuff you're playing with.

now snares and their necessity for sorcs...that I can empathize with. they need to slow you down and run away cuz they don't have the slew of dcds. I can't drum up the same sympathy for a gs/sniper and his root.

Edited by foxmob

And the TTK is perfectly fine for most classes. I have two healers. I can keep people alive plenty fine. In fact, when two equal teams play each other in RWZs, nobody ends up capping mid in CW, or south in NC, or get past first door in VS because teams can't kill players fast enough before they come running back.

This is such a good point. It's like the WZ matches are designed to have a gear imbalance. Every 10 matches or so, you get even teams, and this stalemate happens.

As for resolve - it sucked before, and it sucks even more now.

I played against a team that was really working their stuns today. I had a good healer on me, so I wasn't dying a whole lot, but I was stunned nearly constantly, and if I wasn't stunned, I was rooted. My resolve would build, I would have a white bar for a few seconds, take a couple swings at their healer, and then it was stun time again.

As a Sentinel, I spent 85% of the time trying to close the gap, and only 15% actually doing some damage.

So I should have added "continuously" to the end of that sentence.. shoot me. 20 second aoe knockback with a root.. please. Sorcs can also spec into that too btw. Fat lot of good it does them too when they'll just be leaped too, rooted and stunned to death.

What you should've done was not make **** up.

I can't believe i have to argue the point here. This community has had to deal with stunlock deaths for almost a year. How many people have unsubed over this? How many threads have been posted on this BB concerning it? How many times have we heard people complain they can't play their character because they are being stunned to death.

People did not unsub over stuns. They unsubbed because

1. BW lied about RWZ in 1.2, and 400,000 people quit around that time

2. They got rid of world pvp.

3. Nothing to do end game.

4. Craptacular class balances. Mainly the nerfs to dps sage and commandos.

As for healers being unkillable with my changes.. NO. I've explained in great detail the problem with bioware's healing mechanics in previous threads. I warned people what would happen if bioware continues to push gear upgrades without entering an offset mechanic. Heals do FULL healing.. They bypass armor completely and heal for the full amount. Every time bioware releases new gear they increase the damage, healing, armor and hit points. It doesn't take a genius to work out that damage is being offset by the armor and hit points at least marginally but heals have NOTHING to offset it. Bioware implemented a half assed fix back in 1.2 when they reduced the pvp healing rate through expertise. My god why is this **** so hard for people to understand? Healing got a kick in the teeth in 1.2. It worked but all they did was kick the can down the road. The resolve system should have nothing to do with being able to kill healers. The fact that it presently does should speak volumes. You can't have a headache without an underlying cause.

Heals do not do full healing. Expertise only eats into part of the trauma debuff. Holy crap man, are you a troll? I find it funny you're saying healing has nothing to offset it so it will be too strong, but then you see threads on the forums complaining about too much damage. LOLS.

Quite frankly I can kill healers fine when they are not guarded and I'm taunted. Granted my DPS character is min/maxed and I run the highest "sustained" single target burst spec in the game. Other classes are not so fortunate. So again don't pass the buck onto the resolve changes and cry you won't be able to kill healers when clearly it's biowares healing mechanics that are flawed.

You must be playing against bad healers then. I have both a commando and sage healer and before I quit several months ago, I was on the best rep pvp guild (quite possibly the best on server), and there was no one that can solo kill me. They might shut me down so I couldn't heal teammate, but they couldn't kill me so it was a stalemate, and frankly that is what it should be.

Reverting the 1.4 changes back to what they were will achieve NOTHING. Not a damn thing. People complained bitterly about the system before. I can't believe I keep reading this statement. Do you people have goldfish syndrome or something? At least Bioware had enough foresight to realize their resolve system was failing and decided to do something about it. Granted they messed it up further but at least they tried!

Only bads complained about the resolve system being broken before 1.4. Nobody was had a high rating in RWZs complained about it being broken.

Edited by Smashbrother

**** man. Unbelievable.

Every time bioware puts out new gear it increases MAIN stat, ARMOR, HIT points.

Guess what heals are based off! That's right MAIN stat. Guess what Damage is based off. That's right MAIN stat.

Damage is naturally reduced by the players armor. But oh wait Bioware also buffs hitpoints and armor to offset the increase in damage due to main stat. What's offsetting heals? If you say damage or trauma I will reach through this monitor and slap your *** so bad. Heals are increasing in potency at a rate faster than damage. This is fact. It's not *********** debatable and yet here you are debating it. .

Why the hell do you think bioware altered the expertise healing mechanic in 1.2 in the first place! Why do you think the healing component is half of what the damage stat is? So what's occured since 1.2. They brought out augments for everything, Elite war hero gear, etc etc. Did the trauma debuff increase to compensate for the gear upgrades? No. Was the healing expertise stat reduced again? No.

Seriously smashmonkey.. Just stop posting.

"before I quit several months ago" Are you saying you don't even play this game anymore? Holy **** man. ****!

Edited by JackNader

Second point..

How is changing all the 4second stuns to ranged knockdowns unfair? ALL classes who have an ability that fits this description would change. Right now the biggest offenders for causing stunlocked players are the 4 second hard stuns. Sure we could simply remove these stuns completely from the game but if we did that how would we interrupt HD, ravage, ambush etc? This is why I elected to change the ability to a ranged knockdown. In fact debilitate would go from a 4m range to a 10m range so it is to a snipers advantage. Hell, the range of those abilities could be set back to 30m and even have a slow mechanic attached to them.

Why the hell would I want a 1,5 sec knockdown, when I got it on Hidden Strike already + I cant do anything while theyre knocked down, why you may ask...because the GCD is lame. I like my 30 sec cd stun

Love

an Operative who likes the resolve and stuns as it is!

Who said it would respected global cooldown? As an operative would you like to be able to knockdown a shrouded sin? I sure would on my operative :)

And btw if people must have their stuns then they would use the exact same mechanic as a mez where they build resolve per second stunned. The amount of resolve they build would be a lot. 300 per second.

Edited by JackNader