Are there any plans for More Sith Corruption?

sithgreyguard

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
I talked to Principal Lead Systems Designer Damion Schubert, and he said that we'd definitely love to get more Sith corruption options in, but there are some challenges. First, we'd like to allow players to choose from different kinds of corruption, but it will require some work to get new options in. Second, there currently isn't any feature that mirrors this on the light side, which we'd also want to address in some way. This isn't something we'll be seeing in the near future, but it's something we would like to see in the game as well.

I talked to Principal Lead Systems Designer Damion Schubert, and he said that we'd definitely love to get more Sith corruption options in, but there are some challenges. First, we'd like to allow players to choose from different kinds of corruption, but it will require some work to get new options in. Second, there currently isn't any feature that mirrors this on the light side, which we'd also want to address in some way. This isn't something we'll be seeing in the near future, but it's something we would like to see in the game as well.

Tricky, tricky... how do depict another level opposite corruption... Maybe it can be as simple as adding and very faint but intermittent glow from the characters face? Something that could be seen in a close up, but not intrusive enough to confuse it with a buff.

Light Side physical effects are certainly canonical, the Exile, Meetra Surik is described as having shining white skin with glowing blue eyes with a certain aura about her.

The daughter on Mortis in the Clone Wars TV show, who was supposed to be the embodiment of the light side of the force, had a significant glowing aura around her too.

Sith corruption options? I can see if you want the best power from your ( Dark side spells. skills ) Dark side points effecting them, but the looks associated from the choice of choosing the Dark side, should not even be a option. You should have to live with your choices in the game even in matters pertaining to the Dark side effects. After all we do have to play with the choices we make on the advance class pick. :rolleyes:

Light side choices should impact the effectiveness with spells, skills associated with the Light side. And you cannot have "corruption" from Light side choices. That goes against the whole concept of what the Light side choice has to offer. How did Obi'wan ever become corrupted from his Light side choices? Instead he became more powerful and understanding of the Force and the dangers associated with the Dark side.

The daughter on Mortis in the Clone Wars TV show, who was supposed to be the embodiment of the light side of the force, had a significant glowing aura around her too.

But in the movies...the only time you saw anyone "glowing" was after they were dead and in spirit form. ;)

Sith corruption options? I can see if you want the best power from your ( Dark side spells. skills ) Dark side points effecting them, but the looks associated from the choice of choosing the Dark side, should not even be a option. You should have to live with your choices in the game even in matters pertaining to the Dark side effects. After all we do have to play with the choices we make on the advance class pick. :rolleyes:

Light side choices should impact the effectiveness with spells, skills associated with the Light side. And you cannot have "corruption" from Light side choices. That goes against the whole concept of what the Light side choice has to offer. How did Obi'wan ever become corrupted from his Light side choices? Instead he became more powerful and understanding of the Force and the dangers associated with the Dark side.

Okay, then have EVERY single title you've accumulated in game to be on your player bar. I'd sure love to be running around with that.

Okay, then have EVERY single title you've accumulated in game to be on your player bar. I'd sure love to be running around with that.

I think titles should allow you 1 prefix and 1 suffix. I dont want to choose between being Darth X and X the Merciless. I want to be Darth X the Merciless.

Why does light side effects have to have pale white skin with blue eyes? I would like to see a golden skin with bright glowing eyes of a single color. The glowing eyes would be bright enough that they would look like glowing orbs, so we could only see the bright glow and no eye details. The eye color wouldn't matter to me because I would like the glowing effect.

This isn't the movies and nothing in them would contradict physical effects from Light Side use.

You do know without the movies, there would be no TOR? And of course so much of TOR is a reflection of what the movies was about. Different time line, but still the same old issues dealing with the Dark side and Light side of the Force. Tell me one scene in the movies which showed Light side effects on the char apart from them being dead? :p