Why can't I join a lower level flashpoint queue

Thats not true as i have done many group mission with a LvL 50 and just myself and i have gotten lots of experience, especially when doing a daily

If you do missions that are too far below your level, you won't gain experience. I suppose to confirm this, get a 50 then go back to your starting planet and kill ****.

• 2 weeks later...
The 50 won't get xp, but other members of the group who are closer to the level of the mob/quest will.

As a matter of fact, they will not.

And that isn't even the only reason why they would not want to let people in flashpoints that are not for their level.

And you have no reason to complain anyway, since just about anyone can just walk in and go solo any flashpoint they are too high level for.

If you do missions that are too far below your level, you won't gain experience. I suppose to confirm this, get a 50 then go back to your starting planet and kill ****.

I think he implied that the low levels in a group with a lvl 50 wouldnt be getting any xp.

If the lowbie is 43-49 they will get decent experience with a 50, naturally.

Lower levels than that will sometimes get experience with a 50 in the team, but instead of getting say... 1000 per enemy, they will get 15. It's not a worthwhile run for lowbies unless they came solely for gear.

Edited by Radzkie

Even as a mid 30's toon you can get decent XP with a Level 50 (at least when doing Taral V and Maelstrom Prison), but not as much as you would get with a normal group. So it should be out to the group and the option left off of group finder. If you are just looking for social points just sign up for HM Tarla V, Maelstrom Prison, The Esseles, D7...(well any of them beside LI, they are all easy. If you just want the story or a drop and you are 50, just solo the non HM. I have done Maelstrom Prison and Tarla V 20 times on different toons, but I don't think I ever listened to the story or got the bonus until I soloed them Monday for a drop on my 50 healer. Got Codex too, I had only done HM on her as I soloed level her and only did The Esseles (solo) before hitting 50. She had zero social points at 50, she is now maxed out from ops and HMFPs. Edited by mikebevo

I have a question that is related to this discussion. I have a fresh 50. Today I queued for Battle of Ilum regular/story mode. The option wasn't greyed out. However, after I finished the FP I realized I had played through the hard mode version. Shouldn't the option for Battle of Ilum regular mode be greyed out instead of placing me into hard mode without my realizing it? Or is this some sort of bug?

I mean I completed the FP just fine, but I was a bit surprised to discover group finder had placed me into something I was not specifically queuing for. Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my question, and yes I am new to MMOs and end-game content.

• 2 weeks later...
When I first ran the Black Talon flashpoint, there was a 50 in the group and I got xp. So, yes, people will get xp.

Ya like 25 xp per mob or so. Friend ran a lvl 11 toon of me through esselse and I get 2 xp per mob.

This was yesterday.

And it should work like this, would be WAY to easy to power lvl toons else.