Real Time Personal and Group Meters

Sulo

My love of Star Wars : The Old Republic and a morbid fascination with combat log data (introduced in patch 1.2) lead me start a small project of my own to parse the game produced combat log files and try and make some sense of the numbers. As a result SWToRLogs was born comprising a small program installed on your PC to read the combat data and display the meters, and a central web site and server to manage, analyse and store the data, providing additional real time and historic data analysis for indivuduals, groups, fights and boss encounters.

The home of [sWToR]Logs can be found at www.swtorcombatlogs.com. I have great plans for the project and hope to add many many usefull features for swtor gamers and ops leaders. Some of the features are already implemented and others are being worked on. Vist the web site and download the personal meters to see these features in action.

• :sy_blaster: In-Game Overlayed Real Time Personal Meters including ability break down
  • :sy_companion: In-Game Overlayed Real Time Group Meters
  • :sy_galaxy: Real Time Broadcast of combat data to Web Socket enabled browsers from central servers providing consistent data views for operations groups
  • :sy_item: Combat Data displayed using easy to read graphs, backed up with data tables to clarify the data and for the real number and data junkies access to the complete combat logs, colour and icon coded to easily see what happened to who and when.
  • :sy_target: Live real time view of any currently active combat log stream via the web site and Web Socket enabled browser. Including aggregation of multiple live feeds
  • :sy_star: Operations group tools, ready check, break calls, book marks, and data analysis by group
  • :sy_lightsaber: Combat Fight Browsing, browse and search for any players recorded combat data broken down by date, fight and boss
  • :sy_armor: Data and Combat comparison between one or more players, allowing direct comparison between characters,classes and players for any fight data recorded.

Follow my development adventures, failures and successes on the [sWToR]Logs development blog at swtorlogs.wordpress.com as the project evolves.

Edited by Sulo

I think your website is really cool looking. I've never used any combat log aggregators in any mmos (call me lazy lol...) but I bet loads of SWTOR players will find yours very useful. Thumbs up.

I think your website is really cool looking. I've never used any combat log aggregators in any mmos (call me lazy lol...) but I bet loads of SWTOR players will find yours very useful. Thumbs up.

Thanks Samm, I hope loads of people find it usefull too :D

I downloaded this to give it a try, couple of things of note.

• Love the interface and the style of the combat meters, blend in really nicely
  • Download and install was simple, wasn't sure about how to configure it at first but finaly worked it out
  • Nice supporting website, once I worked out how to get at my combat data it was excellent how it was layed out and detailed my in-combat data

I've only tried the meters while in single play mode and like the overview meter and the ability break down. I'll try the group meters at some other time. I'll also be spending time in front of the Training Dummies see if i can squeeze that little bit extra out ;).

All in all it looks like a good start to combat log parsing and in-game damage meters. I hope you continue with it and add more nice stuff (eg. I'd like to see my crits, rate and size in the in-game meters not just via the web site analysis).

I just found this post, and am extremely excited about it! I'm in the process of getting it integrated with my toons, but I wanted to post ahead of time and be another voice that cries out in excitement!! Now I'll finally be able to start making sense of my combat logs :D A big TY to the developer!!

I downloaded this to give it a try, couple of things of note.

---

• Download and install was simple, wasn't sure about how to configure it at first but finally worked it out

---

and add more nice stuff (eg. I'd like to see my crits, rate and size in the in-game meters not just via the web site analysis).

---

Thanks for trying the software Lemon, and I will confess to being a slacker when it comes to creating help guides and user documentation (the bane of all developers :p). I have however taken your comment on board and started an "Install and setup" guide for the software this can be found on the website at www.swtorcombatlogs/misc/InstallGuide

I will be adding more data display options to the personal overlay meters in a future release, but at the moment my focus is on completing the data analysis component for the web site, which currently offers much more flexibility in data analysis and combat log break down. Unless of course lots of people yell at me for other things then it will be all change ;)

Thanks again for your support

Our guild have been using these Meters for the last few weeks and I must say, they work extremely well.

We were even able to work out calculations on precisely how short on DPS we were for Stormcaller and Firebrand hardmode. When we wiped our first attempt at 16% on the enrage, we would not have thought to have the numbers required but on subsequent less successful attempts, we could see our numbers were getting higher with practice in real time.

That being said, theres a few features I'd like to see implemented.

One of which is an overall group DPS counter, I know we can add it up but for convenience's sake it would be very useful.

The second would be related to the website and the "Top DPS" charts, if we could filter it to only show our guild it could be lovely, many of our DPS'ers including myself like to have friendly competition / ribbing.

Again, many thanks for this, excellent tool

Tried your program out last night as I PVPed. Works pretty well. It was pretty cool to see a real time data.

Dion aka Syrth, Old Republic Dads, The Shadowlands Server

Never built it with PVP in mind as I never play PVP (too bad at it), would be interested to hear more about how it is in PVP, and if there is anything different I need to do for PVP combat log analysis.

Thanks for using it and thanks for the feed back.

Bumping for greater good (and for my love for this program). Its better then MOX. Better GUI that actually fit in the game GUI, diagrams and uploading option.

I want to hug You man

This thread should be Sticky.

That's an amazing work you've put there ! You did it all by yourself ?

Great job !

Thanks for that Bladrak and thanks for trying and using the software.

To answer your question, the project is only me (in between gaming and full time work), this is why progress seems to be a little slow at times :p

However, to speed the development of uploader I have used a couple of 3rd party libraries to help me along. Namely DotNetBar for the main user interface button bar you see when you start the program, and WebSocket4Net for the client side Web Sockets implementation (The server side Web Sockets is Java based and is home grown), only adopted the client side libraries because my primary experience is not with C# and when i started i wanted something out the door quickly. I will go back at some point and replace with home grown code.

To answer your question, the project is only me (in between gaming and full time work), this is why progress seems to be a little slow at times :p

I can understand that, same thing in here, plus too little feedback to go as quick as I want it to :(

However, to speed the development of uploader I have used a couple of 3rd party libraries to help me along. Namely DotNetBar for the main user interface button bar you see when you start the program, and WebSocket4Net for the client side Web Sockets implementation (The server side Web Sockets is Java based and is home grown), only adopted the client side libraries because my primary experience is not with C# and when i started i wanted something out the door quickly. I will go back at some point and replace with home grown code.

I was thinking about adding a desktop uploader as well, but my dot net level is not what it should be :p However it's sufficient enough to see you've put a lot of hard work into this application, and I hope you'll keep going on ! If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask me ;-)

For those interested in http://www.swtorcombatlogs.com I've now added activity % approximations to fight segments.

Also fixed several annoying bugs with detecting fight starts and ends from non-standard ExitCombat/EnterCombat entries in the combat logs.

Started work on a per-target threat system, see [sWToR[Logs forum, www.swtorcombatlogs.com/forum/mainforum.aspx?g=posts&t=16 for the assumptions I have made in doing this as the threat data in the BioWare combat log files leaves room for improvement.

Thanks to all those that have started using the combat meters and parser. Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions on the [sWToR]Logs web site forums.

More updates at http://www.swtorcombatlogs.com. The website fight browser has had a face lift and overhaul to make it easier to use (and hopefully a little faster). check it out at http://www.swtorcombatlogs.com/logs/fightbrowser.aspx

The uploader has had a couple additions, namely added % activity to the personal meters, and Bar Height/Max Bars oiptions for the group meters.

As always comments and suggestions welcome, it's community input that helps make the project bigger and better.

[sWToR]Logs has been updated to handle the new combat log changes for Patch 1.3, currently deployed on the PTS.

Check out your new dps and combat performace with the new 1.3 changes right now.

The updated uploader can be found at http://www.swtorcombatlogs.com.

[sWToR]Logs Uploader and website is cross compatible with 1.2 and new 1.3 patch changes so no need to run 2 different versions.

Does this show overhealing? Searching for one with the option to show just recieved heals that the healers have cast.

Sadly over-healing calculations are not viable from the data present in the combat logs provided by BioWare.

There was some speculation on other forums/threads that some form of over healing calculation could be done from the threat figure associated with a heal, making the assumption that threat per effective heal is on a 1:1 ratio, I'm not convinced of this especially in the light of "threat" reduction talents and abilities.

I'm prepared to investigate the possibilities of this further if someone in "the know" can confirm a viable way to effective heals (and hence over healing).

Also if enough people request data based on the un-confirmed calculation as given above that can easily be added as the [sWToR]Logs parser already tracks "healing threat" as a separate entity.

Sorry I can't be more positive on this, but as a healer myself I would love to see accurate data for this.

[sWToR]Logs Gets Over Healing Numbers

After consultation with people "in the know" and some studying of the combat logs available, [sWToR]Logs has had Over Healing calculations added. The numbers are a "best guess" estimation based on the data available in the combat log files and may be a percent or two out. As and when BioWare add proper Over healing data to the combat logs, or new "intel" is received based on the current data sets I'll tweak the calculations accordingly.

The figures will be calculated and stored for all fights recorded since today's maintenance (19th June 2012). I will amend the rest of the website to back calculate the data for all fights prior to then in the coming days but wanted to get some numbers out immediately for community comment.

In addition to this calculation and storing of the data within the database I will be providing more ways to visualise this over healing data on the website . Also you can expect changes to the desktop overlay meters to give an in-fight indication of this calculated number/rate/percentage. Both of these changes I hope to get implemented before next maintenance day.

Here is a small teaser:-

http://www.swtorcombatlogs.com/img/ScreenShot4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Sulo, Looked at your meter, haven't downloaded it.

Just wanted to check, this is legit right? (Not saying a trojan) but can we use this without getting a 3rd party add on ban?

Yup, it does not infringe the EULA. All it does is read the combat log file as provided by BioWare and optionaly display some popup windows (meters) on your screen. It does not interfere or interact with the gaming software or operation in anyway.