Suspending Game Logins

EricMusco

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for some like myself SWTOR is love SWTOR is life. But why does it feel like I am the only person who doesn't get annoyed or angry when the game is down.

Guys working on the game, keep ip the good work i love this game so much

I don't get annoyed either, actually.

Keith (my boss) and I were talking about this very thing. We certainly want to reward the good (not exploiting and reporting it) over the bad (exploiting). Maybe we can do something like this in the future!

I just imagine everyone waiting around for us to introduce an exploit so everyone can start spamming my inbox and CS with reports to get their reward lol.

-eric

I think a CC grant would be a great "thank you" (and encouragement). You don't need to reward everyone, but the one that leads you to the real issue (most detailed) would certainly be deserving of a 5000 coin reward imo. Maybe offer 100cc to others who help, but I do like the idea of rewarding people who report it.

The reward is knowing you did the right thing.

If you see a crime happening and you call the cops you expect to get money for reporting it? It's your civic duty to do right, otherwise you'd be no better than the criminals. Being better human beings than the criminals, that's the reward.

oh man...yeah its a massive crime to do a exploit, so massive that we compare it to being a real life criminal...gee.

fanboys of BW will keep doing comparisons that are just to much...

dont like exploiters but I see em as just that, not as a major criminal, it needs to be stopped but lets not go over the top in what it is.

For a Reward.. Maybe a Title for Confirmed Exploits that are Reported (Only one) They used to do that in City of Heroes for it... "Bughunter" was a rather exclusive title as a reward as it was only the person that gave the first report that got it.

I think a CC grant would be a great "thank you" (and encouragement). You don't need to reward everyone, but the one that leads you to the real issue (most detailed) would certainly be deserving of a 5000 coin reward imo. Maybe offer 100cc to others who help, but I do like the idea of rewarding people who report it.

Maybe even a title too? How about Scourge of Exploiters?

:rak_03:

Keith (my boss) and I were talking about this very thing. We certainly want to reward the good (not exploiting and reporting it) over the bad (exploiting). Maybe we can do something like this in the future!

I just imagine everyone waiting around for us to introduce an exploit so everyone can start spamming my inbox and CS with reports to get their reward lol.

-eric

and this sounds awful, truly awful...cause it can be so exploited in itself and random people can get reported for stuff they havent done cause of informers hunting for rewards.

stop discussing stupid ideas for the game and fix the stuff thats broken instead.

why are the servers still down if the issue is fixed?

That is what I was wondering too... Just came home from work, wanted to play, saw the dev tracker messages... but they are many hours old and so the question is... why are the servers still (or again?) down?

-eric

I can imagine all the false positives you will have in your inbox that you have to sort through to find real from unreal if you announce and provide a rewards program for reporting exploits.

Maybe just keep it informal.. and on a good will basis so you don't get over run with chaff reports. It is good to reward good behavior... just not to incentivize it.... because said incentive would get attempts to exploit by some as well.

Edited by Andryah

and this sounds awful, truly awful...cause it can be so exploited in itself and random people can get reported for stuff they havent done cause of informers hunting for rewards.

stop discussing stupid ideas for the game and fix the stuff thats broken instead.

Good way to get yourself tunneled in PvP.. wear a giant "snitch" over your head haha..

I don't think it's stupid at all. I think this is a wonderful idea, especially regarding communication. They could develop a small thing such as title (Scourge of Exploiters, Deposer of Exploits, etc), grant CC (as Tuxxy mentioned), maybe a mount, or a choice of a Cartel Market item.

Maybe even a title too? How about Scourge of Exploiters?

:rak_03:

Yeah, and a bullseye above their heads too? God no, no titles...nobody wants to be the snitch...snitches get stitches...

Edited by TUXs

it is fixed ... oops, it is not fixed yet ... screw your paid play time, we don't care as long as you keep paying.

Here's a dime for your time.

Spend it wisely.

Guess the hot fix wasn't as simple as it came off as, huh?

Hope you guys find a solution soon Eric! :)

Hey folks,

Quick update, the servers aren't going to be up quite as quick as I said before. New ETA is another 30 minutes from right now, apologies for the delay.

-eric

Thank you for the update Eric, and again, for increased communication! Please keep it up in preparation for 5.2 (and beyond of course!).

I can imagine all the false positives you will have in your inbox that you have to sort through to find real from unreal if you announce and provide a rewards program for reporting exploits.

Maybe just keep it informal.. and on a good will basis so you don't get over run with chaff reports. It is good to reward good behavior... just not to incentivize it.... because said incentive would get attempts to exploit by some as well.

/Agree. I also recommend it should be kept at the discretion of Tait, Eric, their superiors, etc. :)

-eric

A week ago you wrote that there will be no consequences for the players exploiting that one uprising boss and now you expect us to believe you actively think about rewarding players for revealing exploits to you? You probably dont realize how hypocritical you sound.

how much left? cant stand this thing called "IRL", the home flashpoint with the endboss: the wife wants me to do the dishes..

Once you do the dishes there is a small chance for a bonus boss in the bedroom. Sometimes spawns on the couch too.

Edited by Zasszz