Gray Helix - Bound to Legacy (Please)

Valefor

Weapon rewards for the Gree event have been double checked and are currently working as designed. While the weapon components are bind on pickup, the weapons themselves are bind on Legacy. If you have obtained a Gray Helix weapon that is bind on pickup, please post in this thread with as many details as possible.

Now I normally defend you guys, but this is probably the silliest thing I’ve seen.

It’s actually not even possible to have a weapon yet, but I suspect they are asking for these items to be Legacy bound to speed up the process of obtaining one – which only makes sense, considering everything else relating to the event is legacy bound.

I have a sneaking suspicion you don’t even play this game. But hey … I could be wrong.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weapon rewards for the Gree event have been double checked and are currently working as designed. While the weapon components are bind on pickup, the weapons themselves are bind on Legacy. If you have obtained a Gray Helix weapon that is bind on pickup, please post in this thread with as many details as possible.

All I can say is "Wow!!!". I am flabbergasted. I have never seem a more clueless post by someone supposedly who "works" for this game. It is little wonder why this game is declining.

Aside frome the fact that she completely missed the point of this thread or was just too lazy to read it. She clearly is clueless about the reward mechanics of this event.

First, as someone mentioned, very few people would have acquired enough Gray Helix components at this point to purchase a weapon. More importantly, though if the armor set are any indication, it is impossible to purchase any weapons at this time because of the reputation requirements.

THE POINT is..

We want to actually BUY something this event - not the next one. (Specifically the dang Saber that almost everyone is going to buy first to move hilts around)

Can't buy one unless we POOL our Components from our multiple ALT's.

We can't BOL pool them because they are (Unlike the BOL Gear) actually BOP. WHY?

Right now several "Tool" GUILDS are farming the bosses and many causal players are getting screwed due to basically being locked out of getting the kills. Those that play it nice and just want to score a single item are sitting back and going "Gee this event kinda sucks...". Coupled with the GTN Search broken now and cost of repairs sucking we are kinda hosed.

Edited by dscount

honestly if you just do the heroic every day you'll proably have eneugh componants by the end of the event, however assuming the event is 2 or 3 weeks we're not gonna be able to hit the rep requirement to use it anyway by time the event ends. and you have to have sufficant rep to buy the item

If I had to guess, the tokens are BoP because they were trying to stop what happened during the last two events - people were selling/trading their tokens on the GTN. They want to force players to earn the tokens by doing the quests/bosses to get the rewards. The mistake is that they should be BoL since there is no reason (from my perspective) why a single account should be blocked from sharing the tokens amongst legacy toons.

Can't buy one unless we POOL our Components from our multiple ALT's.

Math and logic are your friends.

If you do everything possible to get Gray Helix's you can get a maximum of 46 in the two week period. This is enough to get 2 of the weapons with a remander. (http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/swtor-gree-enclave-reputation-chart_thumb6.jpg)

There's a daily that rewards 1, that alone is 14, which is almost enough to get your hilt.

Stop the qq and learn to think.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

*exasperated* William H. Macy, those dumb, silly auto reply bots that respond to keywords in your ticket which 99.9% of the time don't relate to your issue have invaded the forums!

RUN FOAR THE HILLS!

Yes, my grey helix things are BOP, which confused me.

honestly if you just do the heroic every day you'll proably have eneugh componants by the end of the event, however assuming the event is 2 or 3 weeks we're not gonna be able to hit the rep requirement to use it anyway by time the event ends. and you have to have sufficant rep to buy the item

Theory right now it will take 4 weeks to get to Legendary (one above champion which is what the weapons require)

Gearbox Method for extra weekly gains: Consume 19 blue trophies to reach 11970 rep, and then consume a purple trophy to reach 13410/week. This allow you to get to the Legend standing within 4 weeks.

We were talking about the components. The bind on pickup is bad.

• Dev Post
Gray Helix Components are BoP so that players with only one character at 45+ aren't at a massive disadvantage. Having several alts is a significant advantage while earning Reputation, but some very specific rewards are special enough that they take a bit of extra time and cooperation to obtain. The Event will repeat with enough frequency that you will be able to obtain these items even if you miss out on Components this time around.

Gray Helix Components are BoP so that players with only one character at 45+ aren't at a massive disadvantage. Having several alts is a significant advantage while earning Reputation, but some very specific rewards are special enough that they take a bit of extra time and cooperation to obtain. The Event will repeat with enough frequency that you will be able to obtain these items even if you miss out on Components this time around.

You could bypass a lot of the complaining and uncertainty on here if you guys would just give us an idea (even a tentative one) as to how often that will be. A lot of people are assuming this is going to be annual until they're told otherwise, which leads to a lot of the frustration you see here. If it's every other month, then all of this is going to suddenly be a non-issue (more or less). If it's every year, then that''s not really "enough frequency" for most people.

They should still be Bind on Legacy. Often times, I'm asked to come with my healer to do the heroic or the ops quest, but I need the helixes on my Sentinel damage dealer who I never get into groups with. They should be bound on legacy. In fact, everything in the game that is currently bound to a character should be bound to legacy as well. The bind to character mechanic is way outdated and only diminishes the fun factor for players.

For example, I bought insanely expensive white color crystals from the crystal vendor back in the day and they are bind on pickup. Now I am finally ready to play the character, but I decided I didn't like the hair color and tattoo he has. So I wanted to recreate him with a more appropriate look (thanks to BiowarEA leaving basic MMORPG features like barber shops/image design out of the game...) and delete the first one afterwards, but I can't transfer the crystals over. And what's worse, customer "support" won't help either. If all things were bind on legacy, there wouldn't be such problems.

Also, why shouldn't players that have been playing the game loyally and levelled up 22 characters on a server get any perks for it? The legacy items have become a ripoff of a credit sink instead of actual rewards for reaching legacy levels and we don't have anything else to be rewarded for either.

Edited by Glzmo

Gray Helix Components are BoP so that players with only one character at 45+ aren't at a massive disadvantage.

If you wanted to do that you should of had the components tied to several weeklies. You're pretty much forcing everyone to do it every single day this way.

Also this game is FULL OF DISADVANTAGES for people with alts. Have to grind gear multiple times. Have to pay for augments on multiple suits. Etc. Etc. Something needs to be an advantage with alts for once.

Edited by Sorenia

Sorry but that's a bad excuse. People would be at a massive disadvantage because other players could get purely cosmetic items before them? Oh no!

I have two level 50's on my first account and I could buy a weapon now if the currency was BoL, but no, I'm still way off because of this nonsense idea and I'm not even sure if I'll be able to get one of the weapons before the event ends. Please change it, since it's clear from the posts that you guys can' t think of a valid reason to keep these items BoP.

If it's every other month, then all of this is going to suddenly be a non-issue (more or less).

No, it'll still be an issue. This event is hard work tbh, and even doing the dailies everyday on both my 50's won't get me a weapon by the time the event ends. That's not right.

No, it'll still be an issue. This event is hard work tbh, and even doing the dailies everyday on both my 50's won't get me a weapon by the time the event ends. That's not right.

That's why I said more or less, plus if this is every other month then waiting for next time to finish is much less of a big deal. It may not be great, but it's a mere annoyance compared to the situation if this is annual.

Edited by AureusVidere

So instead of putting players with one character at a disadvantage you choose to put players at a disadvantage that try to be helpful and play a character-class that is needed to get something going?

Great choice, great choice...

I have 10 components spread out over three characters right now and I probably won't have a weapon when the 2nd iteration of this event is done...

That's why I said more or less, plus if this is every other month then waiting for next time to finish is much less of a big deal. It may not be great, but it's a mere annoyance compared to the situation if this is annual.

True but they shouldn't be let off the hook. They need to change the current system and not sit back and think it's ok just because the event will come back soon, though I don't think we'll get another dev response concerning this.

Having multiple alts puts you at a disadvantage in earning just about everything in the game by that 'logic'. Rewarding playing alts is not a disadvantage to others. Terrible reasoning.

Agreed. One doesn't feel rewarded and the rewards feel out of reach. If you wanted all those rewards, how many years would it take to get them? I'm currently tempted to just stop the grind and be done with it.

This game seriously needs to become less grind-centric and more player friendly and pro-fun.

Why didn't you just say that in the first place, rather than the irrelevant post that came first?

And when, exactly, will the vent repeat itself?

Having multiple alts puts you at a disadvantage in earning just about everything in the game by that 'logic'. Rewarding playing alts is not a disadvantage to others. Terrible reasoning.

This.

I actually feel punished for being helpful and playing the character that is needed. I don't think that's the proper way to do this...

edit:

Here's a little hint:

Give us incentives(like BoL-commendations) to play multiple characters.

Edited by schnopsnosn

• Dev Post
They should still be Bind on Legacy. Often times, I'm asked to come with my healer to do the heroic or the ops quest, but I need the helixes on my Sentinel damage dealer who I never get into groups with. They should be bound on legacy.

I get where you're coming from - that's why the weapons themselves are BoL. You'll be able to purchase the weapon with your healer and mail it to your Sentinel. Or you can earn Components on both characters and get a weapon for each of them in the same amount of time, since the Reputation points are shared.

I get where you're coming from - that's why the weapons themselves are BoL. You'll be able to purchase the weapon with your healer and mail it to your Sentinel. Or you can earn Components on both characters and get a weapon for each of them in the same amount of time, since the Reputation points are shared.

Yeah, not really.

It takes me at least twice as long if I have to play two characters to actually get something going.

But if I only the time to do one a day, and come on my Agent some days and my Sorcerer other days, I then don't have anything except worthless components?

Edit: I appreciate you coming in to the thread to chat to us, Ms. Sky, but I feel like neither of us are getting our points across and we're talking about two different things that are very similar.

Edited by Tatile