Known PVP Hacks - Ruining the Game

Pmunro

I have been enjoying this game since it came out. I even have enjoyed the quirky game bugs at times. I think the concept of having companions is very good.

I tried PVE but found I drifted toward PVP because I really enjoy it. I have seen some apparent hacks but am not always certain. Game bugs I can handle, player hacks are unacceptable.

I saw the Void Star hack this week where a person hides and plants. I was on a BH so I could see them but not target. This is a year old hack I found out.

Please fix these hacks in PVP. It will ruin the game for me. I would prefer to play on a level playing field in PVP.

well they arnt going to ban ppl who are paying. they want their money

This, on my old server a guy was finally banned for using hacks after months of reports from both factions. All he got was 1 week suspension then he was back in the game.

I have been enjoying this game since it came out. I even have enjoyed the quirky game bugs at times. I think the concept of having companions is very good.

I tried PVE but found I drifted toward PVP because I really enjoy it. I have seen some apparent hacks but am not always certain. Game bugs I can handle, player hacks are unacceptable.

I saw the Void Star hack this week where a person hides and plants. I was on a BH so I could see them but not target. This is a year old hack I found out.

Please fix these hacks in PVP. It will ruin the game for me. I would prefer to play on a level playing field in PVP.

It's not a hack. Chances that someone is exploiting the bug knowingly is fairly low. To get stuck inside the door one of your teammates have to use a knockback to knock the assumed exploiter into the door as far I know.

Has anyone else seen the "glitch" on Hypergate...where at game start a player is able to teleport directly to the node and cap, before you are able to get there. Even force speed wasn't enough to beat it out. I have seen this twice, just wondering if it's common or what...

Has anyone else seen the "glitch" on Hypergate...where at game start a player is able to teleport directly to the node and cap, before you are able to get there. Even force speed wasn't enough to beat it out. I have seen this twice, just wondering if it's common or what...

Probably guardian/jugg interceded out of the force field before the match starts.

its not a bug, i have seen it aswell what happense is the player dies right before explosion his buddy rezs him and he takes it when the explosion is gone and caps

• 1 month later...

Its not a bug. I saw it to on numerous times on Tomb server, mainly against the REB side. A guy called GINGER release a piece of software that does all kinds of hacks and has been bragging about it since. He was banned for 1 week and now is totally arrogant about the fact that he gets away with it.

Kids like that are just talentless f&*ck's you cant get ahead in life without cheating. Bioware better wake up or it wont have many subs left as people are fed up of all the imbalance in pvp (guardians hitting full elite WH sniper in cover for 9k????), unsorted bugs from release and ****** hacks for cheaters.

The problem is BW/EA is intrested more in the money it can sqeezing out of players than they are in stopping hacks or fixing in game problems.

BW/EA is so short sighted, some adjustments to the game could make it so much better, and getting rid of those that hack, and preventing hacks should be a priority.

Hacks they use, and BW/EA's unwillingness to get them out of the game, effects rated wz's and will effect any rep of any type you earn. Look at it this way, we all know hacks are in the game and BW/EA isn't doing much about it, so high wz ratings were gained through good play or maybe hacks, same with any other rep you may ever earn.

Now im sure each of us that doesnt hack is saying, well I know I got there legit, but to those that don't know you, the taint of hacks is always on your rep achivements. Until I learned about macro goblin and other hacks being used by some that had very high rankings in rated wz's I never would have thought this, but now I know its a fact that some will use it to run up their rankings/rep.

BW/EA can put out new rep grinds or cartel buys, but are they worth the time?Certainly they are not worth any money when no one will know if you hack or got there legit.

just sayin

I have always been skeptical about hacks and how what a lot of people call hacks are just a lack of understanding of class mechanics. However last night I did see someone who was obviously (in my mind) using a speed hack. I've got 3 level 50's and am leveling up 3 other chars, mainly via pvp, my main is valor 80 and the other 2 50's are around 60. I've done a lot of pvp in this game. There have only been a few times I have seen suspicious behavior I can't explain, this was one where I could only assume it was a speed hack.

Guy was a 40 assassin who's speed as he ran around me killing me was much faster than i could adapt to (I do not keyboard turn, got a scrapper scoundrel and a shadow so I am used to keeping on someones back) At first I assumed he had used his speed boost but after watching him attacking other people, the speed he moved to a new target, whilst keeping an eye out for his speed boost being used, I could only conclude he was using a speed hack.

I know that using a speed hack is fairly risky, threads on well known hacker forums have indicated people getting banned after using speed hacks despite being in areas alone, so I assume bioware have counter measures in place to detect movement above the norm.

Personally when things are a one off I don't mind too much, I assume that the person won't be around for too much longer. As mentioned I have done a lot of pvp and am normally skeptical of complaints of hacks. Most things are either bugs or class mechanics. This was not either of those. I just hope I do not see many more incidents like the above.

That's actually a bug not a hack (i'm not sure if it can be done on purpose, which would make it an exploit, but i'm absolutely sure it can happen without malicious intent)

Its not a bug. I saw it to on numerous times on Tomb server, mainly against the REB side. A guy called GINGER release a piece of software that does all kinds of hacks and has been bragging about it since. He was banned for 1 week and now is totally arrogant about the fact that he gets away with it.

I suppose they can only ban him for actively using the software, not for releasing it. For releasing it they would have to sue him.

I have seen teleport, speedhacking and I saw a Commando spamming his Aoe knockback without cooldown.

Yep this is the newest one, people are getting around cool downs, including the global one. I had a Asassin fighting me two days ago that not only was using a speed hack, but was also able to do 3 attacks in 1 GCD. I reported him and haven't seen him around, so maybe they are actually taking action on these dolts.

I hear it a lot, but after having 1 valor 100 and 2 valor 80s, I have seen possibly 1 hacker. There are many glitches, and a few exploits, some that I confused for hacks when I didn't know the game as well. I hear it is becoming more common in lowbies with f2p, but I honestly don't see it on my lowbies either. I have, on the other hand, been called a hacker about 20 times in the last month... I have never cheated, I just know all of the game mechanics really well and new players just don't understand the vast majority of them.

I hear it a lot, but after having 1 valor 100 and 2 valor 80s, I have seen possibly 1 hacker. There are many glitches, and a few exploits, some that I confused for hacks when I didn't know the game as well. I hear it is becoming more common in lowbies with f2p, but I honestly don't see it on my lowbies either. I have, on the other hand, been called a hacker about 20 times in the last month... I have never cheated, I just know all of the game mechanics really well and new players just don't understand the vast majority of them.

100% this. I have only seen 1 guy ever using a hack of any kind, and he admitted it later on to me. I play sage in pvp and its amazing how often I'm called a hacker or cheater. In the outlaws den yesterday I was just killing time waiting for ques. A Mara jumped me and got bubble bursted, he broke cc, and I lifted him and healed to full. I then ran off a bit and started unloading on him. When he got close I used knock back on him when he had full resolve (this doesn't knock back with full white bar, but the root still happens) and I killed him in that time. He came back and in /say he kept saying "nice hacks noob. You have to use cheats to beat me. Reported. Scrub." People like that are 99% of the "omg hax" problem.

I have only seen two speed hacks and both were many months ago,but there is players who exploit using a switch i believe or it is my lag or theirs,i recall one time i recieved no damage while being hit on by two players due to lag that lasted about 5 seconds or so.

I cant prove but i could swear i have seen a teleport but again that may have been due to lag,i have a 92 valor main and three over 50 valor.

problem is might be sometimes the invisible bug... i have seen it happen on huttball and stuff like this, or i guess while he is planting failing thro the floor that can happen also.

I have read people say that for almost a year now,i have sat there and watched and tried to target assasins that sit there and plant the bomb and there is nothing i could do,and every time it is only assasins,i find it odd that i cant recreate this with my FOUR stealth classes and one my main in the over 22k kills i have done and easily planting the bomb a hundred times,i have fallen through the floor once and that was in a hutball,so i beg the question why is it one class seems to fall through the floor in one wz at one certain spot? seems to me some people know of some glitch and exploit it,because trust me i have done the smuggle plant etc in the past and that wasnt it.