Don’t miss our Double XP Weekend: March 14 – 17!

TaitWatson

thanks for answering his question, but can you please comment on why this special event does is not running for a duration that is an exact multiple of 24hrs!!!??????

Why do some time zones get 3 prime time evening slots, and others only get 2?!?!?

Please explain... actually, please fix ;)

Because it would be impossible to give every timezone an exact 3 prime time evening slots?

(because, you know, there's more than just the US out there)

seeing as there are different servers for the US and EU players, it may be possible to set the double xp to work at different times for the different sides of the Atlantic. Of course, I don't know exactly how it all works, so maybe not. Either way, that's not how it is.

Wow... was just leveling a new char and was wondering why my levels weren't increasing very fast (well, relatively fast I should say)... decided to come here and just read it doesn't start until 11AM PST... D'OH!!!! /facepalm

Would have been nice to save that little 25% xp bonus token for post 11AM... but no... I burned it. Whatevs. :rak_02:

Because it would be impossible to give every timezone an exact 3 prime time evening slots?

(because, you know, there's more than just the US out there)

It is possible by making it last 72 hours (or simply any multitude of 24 hours). True, it's possible for some it will start in the middle of one, but then it also end in the middle of one.

And for US it's said to last 3 days while for EU it lasts 2.5. Posted that before, they didn't comment and they didn't ninja edit it. So not even sure which is the correct one, probably the 2.5 days one.

Hello, my name is OddballEasyEight, and I would like to point out to you that there is a world outside the continental united states of america.

Over here in europe where I live, for example, the event starts on friday at 7pm and ends on monday 8am.

So the event does last until monday.

For some of us.

Then again, for some others, the event doesn't even start on friday, it actually starts on saturday.

It's a big world out there my friend.

(also, legally they have to say that it ends on monday if it ends at midnight. Because then it's monday. If it ended at 11:59 pm saturday it would be ok to say saturday)

I said Pacific time. Learn to read, troll.

Fear not non-US dwellers, there are those of us in the US that feel the pain of weekend event hours.

If you live outside the US the hours blow this is true.

If you live in the US and don't live by the psuedo-traditional 9-5 Monday-Friday work/school routine you also get shorted.

I for instance work Wed-Sun 3pm to close so I will most likely have (to include life things like sleep shower eat) even less available hours than many non-US players.

Personally I don't understand why they can't just give everyone that logs in during the weekend a x2xp boost with like a 24hour gametime timer, they could even give the boost a hard expiration date (1 week? the following friday?) and probably make most of the SWTOR gamers across the world happy.

I said Pacific time. Learn to read, troll.

I'm quite adept at reading actually.

And the fact remains that the double xp weekend ends at 12AM monday pacific time.

It doesn't end at 11:59PM sunday night. It doesn't end 12:01AM monday morning either.

It ends 12AM monday. So it lasts until monday.

It's not decieving, it's simply how one tells time.

Fear not non-US dwellers, there are those of us in the US that feel the pain of weekend event hours.

If you live outside the US the hours blow this is true.

If you live in the US and don't live by the psuedo-traditional 9-5 Monday-Friday work/school routine you also get shorted.

I for instance work Wed-Sun 3pm to close so I will most likely have (to include life things like sleep shower eat) even less available hours than many non-US players.

Personally I don't understand why they can't just give everyone that logs in during the weekend a x2xp boost with like a 24hour gametime timer, they could even give the boost a hard expiration date (1 week? the following friday?) and probably make most of the SWTOR gamers across the world happy.

Actually, in Europe it's pretty ok. We get friday eventing, the entire saturday and sunday and then we get a smidge during monday morning.

I've supported this game for a long time, spent more money than I care to admit.

But this weekend has annoyed me to no end, I was so excited to get my 2 characters I parked at 40 up to 55.

Flashpoints are borked, so my only option would be to level via questing (the one thing I was hoping to avoid doing for the millionth time).

Great.

How about you make sure your game works before these events Bioware.

I wanted to say thank you for the Double XP periods, I always appreciate them. However, after reading some of the other(legitimate, trolls ignored) posts, and with my own desires in mind, I was wondering if it may ever be possible to see Double XP weeks? The things that could improve the way Double XP is implemented currently I think all revolve around schedules of individuals. I understand it will never be truly "fair" no matter how you do it, but running seven straight days, 168 hours, would make sure that everyone gets a chance to enjoy it, whether they work nights, weekends, or what time zone they live in.

If it isn't possible, I understand, and am quite thankful for what I do get, but I can personally say it's always disheartening to want to play during the Double XP weekend and not being able to. In my case I work nights and every weekend, so I only get two practical "evenings"(relative to my schedule) to enjoy it, despite being in the CST time zone.

Double XP Weeks would be much better and I support that. However having the double XP weekend half borked as it is not working as intended or worse, it is working as intended but they deny that to 'nerf' how the double xp is used.

Can mods please change deceiving thread title to "Don't Miss Our Basically Normal XP Weekend: March 14 - 17!"

Math is hard. Multiplying numbers by two requires more intelligence than Bioware can muster. Go figure.

You two are spot on.....lol. Loved it.