Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do we get refunds? I know I spent real money and in game credits to get this plus ripping out end game mods to put in it. They could have fixed this by offering the artwork gear as something else. I hate the chest placed fanny pack and the modesty skirt.

I bought this based on the preview look, not the artwork of the cartel pack and not based on the forums. I was, you know, playing the actual game.

AND WHY don't you simply change the wrong ad-image in the Crap S..., sorry, Cartel Shop? This is so... bah. I just don't want to talk about this topic anymore - why BioWare is so... bah. Get some employees and decision maker with common sense for the player!

Exactly! I spent both Credits AND Cartel Coins to outfit several of my characters and companions with SPECIFICALLY the Phantom Chestpiece because of how it was presented IN GAME in my preview window, NOT because of some advertisement picture.

So yes, this change SHOULD be reverted, because it was simply MISPLACED.

To those asking for things to look exactly like an advertisement: get a WIFE, buy her something from Victorias Secret, and complain with Victorias Secret how it doesn't make your wife look even half as hot as the photomodel.

Not only that, did you take a good look at that advertisement picture? Now, buy 1 Pack, and tell me whether you found EVERYTHING on that picture inside that pack. 75% chance that absolutely NOTHING within that pack even remotely resembles anything shown on that picture. But enjoy your Space Combat Experience bonus.

False advertisement? No, it just means you shouldn't take advertisements at face value, and consider the actual contents.

I DID when I spent Cartel Coins on those packs, hoping I'd get a Phantom Chestpiece like the one I had already seen in game, not like some artists' impression on an advertisement picture. THAT is what I spent my Cartel Points on, NOT on what was made of it.

Do you often buy a house and then allow the architect, who designed it for the previous owner, to walk in and randomly tear out walls and erect pillars all over the place because he'd like to update what you already bought and own because of how it was presented as you bought it? No, I thought not.

How do we get refunds? I know I spent real money and in game credits to get this plus ripping out end game mods to put in it. They could have fixed this by offering the artwork gear as something else. I hate the chest placed fanny pack and the modesty skirt.

I bought this based on the preview look, not the artwork of the cartel pack and not based on the forums. I was, you know, playing the actual game.

I'm just going to continually write up a ticket for the refund.

Asuka, you really are not listening. I spend most of my time either working, or relaxing in game. I don't spend much time at all pouring over every little fart on the forums like some no lifer does. I don't go digging through weeks of 'dev' comments in the odd or off fear something might be changed. I spend my time in te game I pay for, and using my money to get items in that game based on how they look in that game. Not based off of what some artists concept of the look is going to be.

So because I actually PLAY the game instead of hanging out on the forums and drooling over every drop off a devs lip like you do, it's my fault bioware has taken my money. Based on an items actual appearance, rather than some drawing on a packs cover that doesn't even identify the items as any specific piece? Really? Guess I make a trip to the bank and do a charge back for the 100+ dollars I spent on CC then because I didn't get what I paid for based on the actual item in game.

This SWTOR website is the official source of information for updates, known issues, patch notes, you choosing to not make yourself aware of such issues is your fault. Ignorance doesn't fly as an excuse when the information is there for everyone to read if they choose to do so.

To those asking for things to look exactly like an advertisement: get a WIFE, buy her something from Victorias Secret, and complain with Victorias Secret how it doesn't make your wife look even half as hot as the photomodel.

^^^ so true so true

But yes, once real money was exchanged, the old switcheroo by BW is *FRAUD*. Its pretty much the e-version of BAIT AND SWITCH.

Hi folks,

This change was unintentional and will be corrected in a future patch. Apologies for the inconvenience.

I just spent real money so I could BUY the gear since I prefer it post change, what is to be done about this?

Since the changes were MENTIONED IN PATCH NOTES I can't see how they were "unintentional."

After reading the patch notes I forked out cash to get the items BECAUSE they had been changed.

Are people in my situation to be taking into consideration?

Edited by OGsam

This SWTOR website is the official source of information for updates, known issues, patch notes, you choosing to not make yourself aware of such issues is your fault. Ignorance doesn't fly as an excuse when the information is there for everyone to read if they choose to do so.

"But Mr Dent, the plans have been available in the local planning office for the last nine months."

"Oh yes, well as soon as I heard I went straight round to see them, yesterday afternoon. You hadn't exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them, had you? I mean, like actually telling anybody or anything."

"But the plans were on display ..."

"On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."

"That's the display department."

"With a flashlight."

"Ah, well the lights had probably gone."

"So had the stairs."

"But look, you found the notice didn't you?"

"Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'."

Nope. The SWTOR site and forum are the official outlets for information, including known issues and patch notes. If you can't be bothererd to look at them occasionally, its your fault. I haven't looked, but I am sure that there is something in the TOS that indicates that in-game items are subject to change. Therefore, a person should really (really) think twice before committing large sums of money for specific items.

Except Bioware themselves know that a very small minority of their player base check their forums. This is true for any game.

This is why patch notes and maintenance schedules and other very important information is also listed on the launcher of the game.

Obviously they were not missing on the female gear, but left off deliberately because a female SPY cat suit -it is called spymaster- (which is what female spy's, and Archer, always wear, DUH)

If you want to get technical, its called the SpyMASTER set. A spymaster is the person who runs a spying operation, like M, not Mrs. Peel. The Spymaster set now, correctly and appropriately, looks like a variant of the Imperial uniform. By the way, there is an excellent, sleek, close fitting, spy-style outfit in the game since launch. Hardweave Jacket and Hardweave Leggings, avaialble for the Agent and Warrior. I know it won't make you feel any better about the situation, but since you are obviously interested in this style of armor I thought I would let you know about it.

They acknowledged a few weeks ago that the art for Revan's robe was incorrect after someone pointed out to them that neither the promo art nor cartel items matched how Revan looks in-game.

And so therefore Artwork shown on the cartel pack advertising image is demonstrably unreliable and should not be used as reference for how the items in the packs will look like, correct?

So it would be far better for one to use the preview window perhaps?

I just spent real money so I could BUY the gear since I prefer it post change, what is to be done about this?

Since the changes were MENTIONED IN PATCH NOTES I can't see how they were "unintentional."

After reading the patch notes I forked out cash to get the items BECAUSE they had been changed.

Don't worry, it WAS intentional and they won't undo the changes, you are safe.

All right folks, I talked to our developers and got some clarification:

• The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revan’s armor in the game.
  • The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • The Stylish Dancer Outfit (white) is in the Blockade Runner pack, but it was mistakenly used on the Skip Tracer pack art. The Fancy Reveler Outfit is red and included in the Skip Tracer pack. The artwork for the Skip Tracer pack will be updated to show the appropriate outfit in a future patch.

We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

Personally, I am loving the new look.

If there were no advertised examples of the "fixed" version, chances are this is the original look of the trailblazer. Them changing trailblazer now only reinforces the notion that they will be adamant about sticking to their original designs on future products.

Edited by Sanctioned

Yes it was. Both versions were obviously missing the detail meshes.

Oh really? Because the in-game icons matched the outfit pieces prior to this "fix" and they do not now. If the "new" Phantom chest piece is the correct one, then it should have the icon to indicate it, which is the same one as Investigator's/Revan's/Grand Inquisitor's and a bunch of others. It does not. It has the icon of the "wrong"/"old" phantom chest piece. Same goes for the gloves; there's no backwards syringes on the icon, yet the model itself has those now. Spymaster is similar in this regard.

You stopped reading the thread too soon. Keep going, SPOILERyoursidewinsSPOILER.

Except Bioware themselves know that a very small minority of their player base check their forums. This is true for any game.

This is probably true, but a company has to have one central outlet for communications especially when it has so many customers. In my opinion it is important for all of us who plan on investing a significant amount of time and money in this game or anything else take a little time to familiarize themselves with its status.

I hope that BW comes up with a way to make this right for the people who feel wronged, but fixing bugs, errors and mistakes has to continue.

If you want to get technical, its called the SpyMASTER set. A spymaster is the person who runs a spying operation, like M, not Mrs. Peel. The Spymaster set now, correctly and appropriately, looks like a variant of the Imperial uniform. By the way, there is an excellent, sleek, close fitting, spy-style outfit in the game since launch. Hardweave Jacket and Hardweave Leggings, avaialble for the Agent and Warrior. I know it won't make you feel any better about the situation, but since you are obviously interested in this style of armor I thought I would let you know about it.

The hardweave is not white, not adaptive to my Smuggy, and it also has a big fat chest smashing piece of crap over it. I paid real life money for the lack of that crap on my armor. If they are going to remove this item, just refund me my money.

fraud [frawd]

noun

deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.

a particular instance of such deceit or trickery: mail fraud; election frauds.

any deception, trickery, or humbug: That diet book is a fraud and a waste of time.

a person who makes deceitful pretenses; sham; poseur.

And like I said before, Joveth claimed it was unintentional, in this very thread.

I know I saw it, but I guess it's understandable that he didn't know this at first since his job is to moderate forums (or something related to forums), and not fix bugs and probably not write patch notes either.

The hardweave is not white, not adaptive to my Smuggy, and it also has a big fat chest smashing piece of crap over it.

Understood, like I said I just wanted to point it out as an option because it is uncommon and so I thought you might not be aware of it. It doesn't have anything big and nasty on it though, so you may be thinking of something else. It has what looks like some nylon webbing, which is very military/spy in appearance.