Guild Progression Ranking

I am curious why a point system is used instead of whoever killed the boss first. I know this seems petty, but my guild killed the last 3 bosses of explosive conflict before another guild and they ranked higher than us. I mean if we're done with the instance shouldn't the guild that completed the instance first be the higher ranked than the one that came after? The patch came out on a thursday which totally ****ed our raiding schedule so we weren't able to clear the first boss as fast, but we caught up in the end. Also most guilds didn't beat the 2nd boss on the first week so theoretically you can beat first boss, beat the 2nd boss 8 man hard, go back to 16man for the 3rd boss (because he's a joke) before the first reset and get way more points than everyone else. Maybe there's some benefit of the point ranking system that I'm not seeing. Could you guys tell me the reason?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best place to use for Guild Progression rankings is this

http://swtor.guildprogress.com/

This site has succesfully maintained guild progress for a number of games and a month or so ago added SWTOR to its list. Currently 247 guilds in SWTOR have themselves registered here. The site is self policing and does not require screenshots, just honesty. In EQ2 where I used this site extensively it self policed very well.

The site is self policing and does not require screenshots, just honesty. In EQ2 where I used this site extensively it self policed very well.

What? lol.... that's going to be sucessful, Just go take a look at raid ranks and how suddenly a few guilds tried to claim word first several weeks after the kills..... I think I'll pass on this site.

What? lol.... that's going to be sucessful, Just go take a look at raid ranks and how suddenly a few guilds tried to claim word first several weeks after the kills..... I think I'll pass on this site.

As stated previously, this site has been around for many, many years, and works very well. It is self policed by the people who use it, from games such as EQ1, EQ2 and WoW, and works extremely well. You may wonder how this works, it is down to the gaming community whose members will regularly discuss between themselves what has been killed and how. If any suspect kills are added to the site then they can be and are removed by other users.

As stated previously, this site has been around for many, many years, and works very well. It is self policed by the people who use it, from games such as EQ1, EQ2 and WoW, and works extremely well. You may wonder how this works, it is down to the gaming community whose members will regularly discuss between themselves what has been killed and how. If any suspect kills are added to the site then they can be and are removed by other users.

Just look at the raidranks site and how much bullsh*t that site has gone through... I'll pass. I'd rather stick to a site that uses evidence as a way of confirming kills (Much like raidranks was doing)

Just look at the raidranks site and how much bullsh*t that site has gone through... I'll pass. I'd rather stick to a site that uses evidence as a way of confirming kills (Much like raidranks was doing)

Oh I should also have added, that if anyone wanted to respond to my post, only do so after reading it properly and taking it in, trolls need not bother.... thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Is there a way to pass the "owner" status of a guild's info on to someone else?? I need to give it to my former GM and can't seem to stop being the sole editor of the info. I'd like others who know the times/dates to have the edit ability instead!

The guild responsible for creating and maintaining the site have left SWTOR. I highly doubt anyone involved is still around or keeping track. It's best to just move on and hope that another solution for tracking progression presents itself.

• 2 weeks later...

we have some guild on our server that has posted a ton of kills, but offered no proof.

The score system doesn't work if more people don't know about the site. Currently they are considered "Rank 1" on our server "The Harbringer" for 8 man content because they have posted new bosses every week... no images.

I think we need a system that prevents kills posted or prevents validation without images/videos.

I'd also like to see those that have offered no proof to have their kills flagged or removed all together until they can post with some sort of evidence.

To reiterate the makers of this website have quit the game and likely left the site to die. Which means it probably won't be updated for future tiers of raids.

So yeah :) we may all wanna find alternative means of recording and ranking stuff.

• 1 month later...
we have some guild on our server that has posted a ton of kills, but offered no proof.

I think you should have some Admins /Moderators which Proof every day some new Kills.

if you need help, i would help you for this Job!

: csro@partybombe.de write me if you wanna my help

The guild who ran that site of quit and anyone claiming on that site they are world ranked whatever is full of crap. The only people who know are Bioware its a website for measuring e-peen and talking ****.