Credit Help

Exotic_Destroyer

Selling cartel crap on GTN, crafting purple gear, mods, augments and selling those as well.

For example a single MK9 aug kit goes for at least 68k on my server, I can pop out about 10 a day on a single toon for example :)

Selling cartel crap on GTN, crafting purple gear, mods, augments and selling those as well.

For example a single MK9 aug kit goes for at least 68k on my server, I can pop out about 10 a day on a single toon for example :)

All stuff I get from CM says bound. How do I fix this?

Keep in mind that Cartel Market items cost real money.

Your best bet is to either sell unopened packs (especially if they have any discounts on the cartel market price for packs or hypercrates), and/or to buy and sell stuff that's desirable, such as the Scalene armor that's only available once every year or so, or pets like the Varactyl or Tauntaun that are popular.

You can also minimize expenses by setting up gathering skills on your low level alts instead of crafting skills. That way there's no expense of trying to raise up a crafting skill, which can cost millions. Instead you're selling mats to those with high level characters who are looking to raise their skills or to craft items.

Ok I see people with like 10+ mill credits...how on earth do you do that besides main missions-Flashpoints-dailys-weeklys?

Questions:

• How many characters do you have?
  • What levels are they?
  • What crew skills do you have across all your characters?
  • What skill level are they?

I made my initial millions with two characters crafting top grade blue quality augments (which at the time was grade 22). I have since added four more characters so I now have all the crew skills (crafting, gathering, and mission). Every crafting crew skill has something worth selling. Some more than others.

I have not done any sort of questing specifically for the credits in a LONG time (on my first character - two years ago now - I would run all the space combat missions for the credits). The credits reward is a bonus nothing more.

It was slow going at first; only crafting a handful of items with materials I gathered and ran missions to get. But selling those items got the ball rolling. Patience is the biggest part of the process; no patience and you will be disappointed.

Edited by psandak

It also says for how long it's bound, unless you equiped it in that case it's perma-bound.

The time should be about 24 hours if I'm not mistaken.

its like a day and a half.

Also if you do open a cartel pack and see some gear that isn't worth a whole lot presently, i'd recommend storing it for a month or 2 and then selling it as some items greatly increase in value. what's 80k today might be 900k a month from now. learned that the hard way :i_mad:

Also, those with 10+ million credits didn't make it in 1 day. Or even 1 month. It takes a while, unless you're ok with spending $300-400 on a game for a few million in (useless) virtual currency. To me, that's a lot of cash spent for nothing.

You can make 10+ million, but it's much easier if you have a few level 55 characters (the end-game daily missions do give out quite a bit of cash as reward), and it takes several months of playing, a bit more than casually.

Also, those with 10+ million credits didn't make it in 1 day. Or even 1 month. It takes a while, unless you're ok with spending $300-400 on a game for a few million in (useless) virtual currency. To me, that's a lot of cash spent for nothing.

You can make 10+ million, but it's much easier if you have a few level 55 characters (the end-game daily missions do give out quite a bit of cash as reward), and it takes several months of playing, a bit more than casually.

yep. doing all of the dailies will put u at or near roughly 700k and will take vaguely 4hrs (if you count new content) per toon. so if you got a lot of time on your hand and you're okay with doing those dailies over and over there's quite a bit tof credits o be had in them.

Edited by jaytdasme

I don't make much money but I suggest war zones and flash points it have no luck with the GTN ebon hawk isn't the best for it

Warzones make little money in general especially if you end up with zerg rush idiots, and FPs can be a sink hole for the same reason...

To do either you're better off running with guildies or friends, pugs are unreliable at best.

The amount of times I had guard thrown(and left there) on my healers in FPs is astounding.

Warzones make little money in general especially if you end up with zerg rush idiots, and FPs can be a sink hole for the same reason...

To do either you're better off running with guildies or friends, pugs are unreliable at best.

The amount of times I had guard thrown(and left there) on my healers in FPs is astounding.

I disagree about FPs. In my experience, 90% of the time GF PuG FPs go off without a hitch. That being said, they are not big money generators.

I disagree about FPs. In my experience, 90% of the time GF PuG FPs go off without a hitch. That being said, they are not big money generators.

Agreed. The number might even be as high as 95% that go smoothly. Also, FPs will make you money more quickly than WZs will (which, as has been noted before, are a terrible way of making money).

To the OP: if you want to know what is selling for a lot on your server, go look on your server's GTN. You actually have to do the research yourself.

Truth be told I've been running KDY way too often these past few days, so it colors my view of pugs a certain way:rolleyes:

Part of the reason I'm skulking around the new player forums :o

Trying to get help to those who want and need it, is great way to calm down before the X2 weekend :D

Here's ho NOT to make credits! Buy a hyper crate...then open all the packs! That was me last night hoping to get the new flash speeder. Of course I didn't get one! Now my cargo bay is full of...crap!

here FTFY :D

Here's ho NOT to make credits! Buy a hyper crate...then open all the packs! That was me last night hoping to get the new flash speeder. Of course I didn't get one! Now my cargo bay is full of...stuff!

I don't know about that. I buy a hypercrate (for credits) periodically, open all the packs, take what I want and sell the rest. It takes a while, but I usually get my credits back and then some. But I am also a little weird in that I usually don't keep the ultra-rare stuff :eek:

I don't make much money but I suggest war zones and flash points it have no luck with the GTN ebon hawk isn't the best for it

Yeah I've noticed as well that the GTN on the Ebon Hawk has been hit hard with undercutting. I find I can make a ton of credits if I buy out all the terenthium and resell it at a normal price. But you have to already be rich to do that.