War Hero vs Elite War Hero

Kontraz

I upgraded my main hand to the elite piece on my maurader and noticed a increase in my crit hits with smash.

not to be rude, but that is probably only in your head (or you got lucky with crits). Unless your WH main hand did not have a crit stat and you exchanged it for a new EWH that did, then you might see an increase but lose out on your other stats.

I'm mainly referring to those min/max'd with the standard 400/75/35 setup of power/surge/crit. Distributing 55 points across the board with over half going into endurance will make a marginal increase - as in less than 5% most likely.

I can understand Bioware not wanting to make a huge gap between top tier and fresh 50s, but giving us gear that will (for the most part) make NO difference when we min/max with it is at best discouraging and at worst insulting.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most EWH weapons are horribly optimized and are a deliberate time sink by BW to keep us subbed longer ... I would get the juggy EWH one just for the hilt and throw it into my WH saber just for the damage boost as the rest of the stats are rubbish ... after the 3000 RWZ comm grind, i would expect something spectacular in performance and in looks perhaps ... i know i was happy the day (back when we had champ/bm bags) i got my red w/ black core saber.

Last I looked +55 is greater then 0. You can argue all day that it's not worth your time, however the fact still remains that a fully min/maxed player who is using a combination of PvE, EWH and WH gear will be more effective then a player who isn't.

As for 2 augment slots are superior... They not if you can't put 2 augment slots into anything and that should be the case with everyone. Yes it's a gear grind for a small gain but at this point what else are you going to spend comms on? I was gearing companions in WH oh boy. Next expansion we'll get more and the grind will start again, have you never played an MMO before cause its pretty consistent with most other MMO's.

Last I looked +55 is greater then 0. You can argue all day that it's not worth your time, however the fact still remains that a fully min/maxed player who is using a combination of PvE, EWH and WH gear will be more effective then a player who isn't.

As for 2 augment slots are superior... They not if you can't put 2 augment slots into anything and that should be the case with everyone. Yes it's a gear grind for a small gain but at this point what else are you going to spend comms on? I was gearing companions in WH oh boy. Next expansion we'll get more and the grind will start again, have you never played an MMO before cause its pretty consistent with most other MMO's.

I'm well aware of what a gear grind is, but running at about 5000k ranked comms for every two components, only to get a miniscule incresae of maybe 2 or 3 percent is insulting. If we are going to put that much time into min/maxing, it should make more of a difference in a fight than a half second delay on hitting the correct key.

The jump from BM to WH is worth it. The jump from WH to min/max WH is worth it. The jump from min/max WH to min/max EWH is almost non-existant.

I got my main hand since it was a slight upgrade, but the sorc offhand is not worth spending the comms because I believe spending those on wz medpacs and wz adrenals offer more value. Honestly, I wouldnt use the elite offhand for sorc even if BW gave it to me for free. I suppose I could understand if the offhand elite offered less stats e.g. endurance and willpower, but 2 LESS EXPERTISE than the regular war hero?! That was way to much to even comprehend and seriously messed up. Im done ranting over something silly.

Pull out the WH armoring (and another other mods you want to keep) before turning it in for EWH. Pull out the EWH armoring and replace it with the WH armoring. Don't destroy it because it might get fixed in the future.

There you go, no expertise loss.

Sigh, what a rip off - trade off from WH to EHW...somebody dropped the ball on this and didn't review the stats.

Valor 100 people whom grind-ed back from way back are faced to an insult for our hard work to achieving this goal without a decent reward upgrade.

BW please review the stats on EHW gear and compare them to WH gear and you will find it a joke.

Glad to see the players have more sense than BioWare about how pointless these upgrades are. The EWH offhand has less Expertise than the WH??? Expertise should NEVER take a downgrade when upgrading your pvp gear.

PS. Please let have whatever it is bioware is smoking in Austin! Keep up the great work.

• 4 months later...
If there were significant stat increase consider how big the gap between Recruit and Elite WH will be..

You dont want to be killed in 1 gcd, are you?

I was killed in 1 GCD in a AHG yesterday. Was Guarding Pylon hiding behind a rock to the right of pylon. An Assassin open up on me when I fell I hit the rock and poof I died. The attack only did like 4.8K damage and I had full health 19.8K. It was funny. Must have hit my head just right on the rock.

Jenna'syyde