Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

While I find that I, personally, don't care one way or another... inevitably you will have people upset that it is SG/that there isn't such an option for OG. And vice versa were it to work the other way. The solution to this being, of course, two npcs for this purpose (one male, on female), but that seems a lot of extra time, money and effort to try and "please everyone". Not to mention at this stage in the game it would likely need to be isolated from existing companion relationships unless they add more for us and our companions dialogue/possibly mission-wise.

Just my 2c.

could also make him/her a companion, or add one where you could choose from to be a companion. Plus, it could be the first truly herosexual option for the game. :)

Edited by stormdrakelord

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Bioware for putting in the Same Gender Romance options that you have put in. I am excited to see where the developers take this too. I hope at some point the crew members will all be (or most will be) effectively bisexual so that anyone can romance any of the romance-able crew members. To me this would be the easiest win-win situation.

Thank you Bioware for putting in the Same Gender Romance options that you have put in. I am excited to see where the developers take this too. I hope at some point the crew members will all be (or most will be) effectively bisexual so that anyone can romance any of the romance-able crew members. To me this would be the easiest win-win situation.

I agree that they've taken steps towards this goal with the Makeb NPCs. Good baby steps, IMO.

I would point out that they would have needed to recall the voice actors back to work on the expansion material - there is enough dialogue to warrant that. It would be very nice to think they could have also hired them back at the same time (or closely occurring times) to record SGR content with existing companions. Please don't misunderstand - I know I'm talking a huge pipe dream here. But it would be nice. :(

There's still a lot of other things they have to do as well and being stuck with a smaller staff means trying to get all of it done with less people in a limited time frame. It's not fun. Still supposed to be getting Cathar this summer and no specific date as of yet. Though Cathar was just said to be "One" new species being input, which makes me think we may be getting more than just them. Maybe not much more, but 2-3 species this summer beats just one we've been waiting almost a year for.

But again, these things take time.

Found an interesting thing about Lord Cytharat, from taking another story path

If you let him die, you get this letter.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d66/chuixupu/lordcytharat_zps3eebdf77.jpg

He was a former Malgus supporter. :jawa_redface:

No, he was educated and did as any good Sith Lord would do - follow his Master. That he is even present in the story is a testament to his loyalty to the Empire.

I find it a dreadful pity that one can kill Lord Cytharat, not so much the connotations it may have (thought on can argue that they are still there - I won't), but for the fact it means we will likely never see him again. Mr. Freed said on twitter already that they could not elegantly bring him back into the Makeb story line before it ended and with Mr. Freed having left Bioware, I find it very unlikely the character of Lord Cytharat will be written again.

Still, I have pestered the staff members of Bioware about having him as a companion, though the response will likely be "Oh, we'd like to, but it's so hard."

Edited by Tatile

This letter actually touches me. It makes me sad... And now, I hate Ravage.

Tatile, this sounds discouraging. I really hope they'll consider it though.

This letter actually touches me. It makes me sad... And now, I hate Ravage.

Tatile, this sounds discouraging. I really hope they'll consider it though.

I suggest you pester Mr. Musco, as I did, or Mr. Hood on twitter, as I have. *flaps hands* pester

Hopefully they planned for Lord Cytharat (and his Republic counterpart) being liked and I have prepared for making them companions.

Finished the main story line of Makeb. Loved the story, but honestly, so far, what little SGR they put in makes it seem like they did a half-assed job with it. Maybe it was because

I seriously was hoping and it seemed more and more likely to my poor brain that Niar would be f/f, and then having to see her die was soul-crushing. So I'm a bit upset about the whole thing.

So it looks like my poor f/Agent isn't going to get her mack on with anyone, it seems, and she's been taking cold showers ever since she met Kaliyo and Temple. I just need to vent. Ignore me. *walks off, mutters about gaining Strength through Passion...*

Don't apologise for venting, it's partly why this thread is here. It's seems Bioware just isn't that aware of how disappointing the options in this game can be when they don't allow for everyone. I do laugh a little that the romances on Makeb are only available as SGR, though, but hardly comes anywhere near to the 50 levels of OGR [Flirt]s and 19* (not including one night stands) companion romances.

It would be nice to know what Bioware are planning to do to make everything "equal", but I get the feeling they'll only be doing it for world [Flirt]s and not companion, planet- and story-romances.

*Ashara, Andronikus

Quinn, Jaesa, Vette

Temple, Kaliyo, Vector

Torian, Mako

Akaavi, Risha, Corso

Nadia, Felix

Doc, Kirya

Elara, Jorgan

Don't apologise for venting, it's partly why this thread is here. It's seems Bioware just isn't that aware of how disappointing the options in this game can be when they don't allow for everyone. I do laugh a little that the romances on Makeb are only available as SGR, though, but hardly comes anywhere near to the 50 levels of OGR [Flirt]s and 19* (not including one night stands) companion romances.

It would be nice to know what Bioware are planning to do to make everything "equal", but I get the feeling they'll only be doing it for world [Flirt]s and not companion, planet- and story-romances.

*Ashara, Andronikus

Quinn, Jaesa, Vette

Temple, Kaliyo, Vector

Torian, Mako

Akaavi, Risha, Corso

Nadia, Felix

Doc, Kirya

Elara, Jorgan

Is there a list of how many OGR FLIRTS there are?

I truthfully don't recall that many outside of companions. I don't even recall 1 flirt a planet. Mind you, I haven't played it as a male character at all, on either side, but, I don't recall all these flirt options that people seem to say there is.

I truthfully don't recall that many outside of companions. I don't even recall 1 flirt a planet. Mind you, I haven't played it as a male character at all, on either side, but, I don't recall all these flirt options that people seem to say there is.

Honestly, make a male Smuggler and level him to Nar Shaddaa.

There you'll meet a young woman called Azalie. The flirting gets very heavy very quick. Or, you know, look it up on YouTube. Hell, even before that point I was downright startled at how many flirt prompts I got offered.

It might be the same way with female Smugglers, I'm not sure. I really need to knuckle down and actually level a Smuggler beyond 30.

Actually now that I think of it I seem to recall someone suggesting we start a database of some kind on Google Docs of existing OGR flirts. Might have been Uluain.

Edited by Kioma

I'm with ya here. Leveling the SI and SW (both females) didn't encounter a ton of [Flirt] options outside my companions. There were honestly two with the Inquisitor that I really remember distinctly...

The male npc that bestows the Nar Shaddaa bonus series and the bodyguard Sith in the Alderaan class storyline.

Beyond that, there was nothing really memorable (outside my companions).

There you'll meet a young woman called Azalie. The flirting gets very heavy very quick. Or, you know, look it up on YouTube. Hell, even before that point I was downright startled at how many flirt prompts I got offered.

It might be the same way with female Smugglers, I'm not sure. I really need to knuckle down and actually level a Smuggler beyond 30.

Actually now that I think of it I seem to recall someone suggesting we start a database of some kind on Google Docs of existing OGR flirts. Might have been Uluain.

Smuggler is an exepion.

A male Trooper has only one non-planetary flirt. And even planetary flirts dry up pretty fast after chapter one.

A male Inquisitor has two class specific flirts and the non-classspecific pretty much end on Balmorra.

I don´t play females myself but from what I hear flirts for females are even less common.

So one dedicated male LI for males is not a bad start.

Anyway I really hope that if/when leveling content is revisited more flirts are added (my Assassin is still hoping for Talos).

Ahh, wow, thanks for that. I was just wandering to this part of the forum to find out what happened in the event of -spoiler- *points up*. That explains a lot.

I'm with Tatile -- I'd love to have a Pureblood, honorable Sith companion, even without the romantic angle, but... :( Guess I'll go pester.

On the topic of cataloguing flirts, I believe there was a thread for that long, long ago... I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Found the post I was thinking of.. but it's not simple [Flirt]s, it's "one night stands".

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=3881

Edited by Jenovan

Anyway I really hope that if/when leveling content is revisited more flirts are added (my Assassin is still hoping for Talos).

He seems like he'd be a good SGR option, and a believable one at that (I about passed out laughing when my female SI got the one time option to [Flirt] - so worth the -1 affection with Andronikus). And if BW does go the SGR route for companions I do hope it's more like that and not just a simple.... slap a SG/OG on a companion and have it feel generic.

No, he was educated and did as any good Sith Lord would do - follow his Master. That he is even present in the story is a testament to his loyalty to the Empire.

So like the old Nazi mantra, "just followink orders"? :o

I actually thought Malgus kind of had the right idea with a lot of things. I'd much rather believe he saw potential in his new Empire rather than just feel like he has to obey unquestionably for no apparent reason. No person is a drone without opinions. I obeyed Zash on my Inquisitor while she was my master, but I never actually liked her or agreed with her.

I find it a dreadful pity that one can kill Lord Cytharat, not so much the connotations it may have (thought on can argue that they are still there - I won't), but for the fact it means we will likely never see him again. Mr. Freed said on twitter already that they could not elegantly bring him back into the Makeb story line before it ended and with Mr. Freed having left Bioware, I find it very unlikely the character of Lord Cytharat will be written again.

You don't literally kill him, you "let" him die bravely. I certainly prefer that he lives, but I thought the way the scene played out was really dramatic and emotional and it lets you see just how brave and loyal he is as he fights to his last breath. It's also sad, of course. I have a ton of alts, I have to change up my story as much as possible since I don't have individual class stories :p

I was reading that conversation with Mr. Freed. Actually, I asked both him and Mr. Hood if the two SGR npcs were conceived as SGR from the start of if they added that aspect to them later and neither of them answered, makes me think they decided it was a question best not answered. :o

So like the old Nazi mantra, "just followink orders"? :o

I actually thought Malgus kind of had the right idea with a lot of things. I'd much rather believe he saw potential in his new Empire rather than just feel like he has to obey unquestionably for no apparent reason. No person is a drone without opinions. I obeyed Zash on my Inquisitor while she was my master, but I never actually liked her or agreed with her.

Yeah, you better be embarrassed, Godwinning us like that after so long.

You don't literally kill him, you "let" him die bravely. I certainly prefer that he lives, but I thought the way the scene played out was really dramatic and emotional and it lets you see just how brave and loyal he is as he fights to his last breath. It's also sad, of course. I have a ton of alts, I have to change up my story as much as possible since I don't have individual class stories :p

I was reading that conversation with Mr. Freed. Actually, I asked both him and Mr. Hood if the two SGR npcs were conceived as SGR from the start of if they added that aspect to them later and neither of them answered, makes me think they decided it was a question best not answered. :o

That was you? Nice :) My username is fairly obvious and the last name is entirely appropriate. Also, I think they have been encouraged to shy away from talk about SGR/A on twitter, and Mr. Freed is likely still under the same instruction or is keeping quiet out of courtesey.

And Lord Cytharat seems quite compassionate, so it's possible that he, like the PC can, agreed with his Master's ideology of tolerance, but not necessarily the execution. But that's neither here nor there when talking about having Cytharat as a companion, except perhaps story points.

Yeah, you better be embarrassed, Godwinning us like that after so long.

lol, but it is inevitable.

That was you? Nice :) My username is fairly obvious and the last name is entirely appropriate. Also, I think they have been encouraged to shy away from talk about SGR/A on twitter, and Mr. Freed is likely still under the same instruction or is keeping quiet out of courtesey.

Probably, but they've answered a lot of questions too, I thought that one seemed simple enough. It's also possible I posted it so late they didn't even see it, but who knows. It's not really important, I am just curious as to how these two characters came about.

And Lord Cytharat seems quite compassionate, so it's possible that he, like the PC can, agreed with his Master's ideology of tolerance, but not necessarily the execution. But that's neither here nor there when talking about having Cytharat as a companion, except perhaps story points.

He's actually the first Sith Pureblood that I can remember running into that I didn't find to be a conniving, egotistical jerk. He'd be a good minor character to have some fan fiction written for.

Well, Mr. Freed left in summer last year, didn't he? and Lord Cytharat was written by him, so presumably he had been planned as gay since last year. However, Lord Cytharat (and whats-her-face) are our first SGR content NPCs and, I assume, were written after launch. That implies to me that we still have a long time to wait until we see anymore SGR content, because nothing yet has been written or designed.

How likely is it that the entire idea of having SGR content (as an actuality, rather than an "Ah yes, we're Bioware, aren't we? *confused face*") is post-launch?

Can some one tell me where is the new companion is in Rise of the Hutt Cartel? They where supposed to be our same sex romance but I could not find any new companion. Even worse I could not flirt with anyone on the new planet.

Start the Makeb PLANET quest story. Female on Republic side, Male on Empire side. Female you meet while you do the storyline. Male, not sure about, as I've been concentrating on lower level alt instead of getting a 2nd one to 55 (dont want to burn out on Makeb), but my guess is it's likely the same.

Well my Female smuggler got to flirt with the older smuggler (name has slipped my mind) at least once every time she saw him. Then a storyline that allowed me to flirt on Alderaan. A flirt option as a distraction during a class storyline (having seen the male smugglers option on this one however, I think the male smuggler got the better deal). And with a Voss on...well...Voss for the ones I remember.

...so female smuggler does get more flirt options than my BH, SI, or SW. I'm not saying don't add more flirts for SGR (or OGR for that matter), but so far outside of my smuggler, it's felt like 1 flirt and then companion flirts. Planetary flirts haven't felt that common, but I also don't know if certain classes can flirt with random NPC or if it's a "everyone can do this flirt" (ogr of course).