playing as an imperial preferance(light/dark)

saiyanjedidmv

when playing as an imperial character which alignment do you prefer?

for me I like playing as a light though i do have 2 dark imperials(a sith juggernaut and a sniper to be) but then again i like playing light in general most of my many alts are light with only 2 darks(3 once the cathar become available) and 2 neutrals. the other 10 alts are all light.

Edited by saiyanjedidmv

My two level 50 Imperial characters (a Marauder and a Sniper) are both LS. They are both Light III, I believe, but the Sniper may be Light 4. At the moment, I've made a Sorcerer who is pure DS. I intend to get her to Dark V. So I like playing both. It's interesting to experience the stories from each perspective.

I like the efficient/lawful evil that a Light Side Imperial often ends up as. That, and there are a number of Dark Side Imp options that I find too distasteful to take. DS on Republic side is often unkind and mercenary and maybe unforgiving of bad guys, so you kill the bad guy. DS on Imperial side tends to be "eat babies" and "abandon/force people to hideous fates at the hands of genuinely evil people."

That said, I once played a DS Inquisitor as a comedy "Lightning solves all problems" kind of girl, and staying in firmly goofy mindset it was hilarious.

So I've done LS Warrior, greyish Warrior, grey Agent, and DS Inquisitor. Overall I tend to prefer LS.

It depends on the class and situation, really. I tend to go heavily dark with my Sith, but with sprinklings of honor and smart choices for the warrior and inquisitor respectfully. For example, on my Warrior, I would almost always kill my enemies. But, if they fought well to the best of their ability, then that is something to be honored. I would not belittle their fight or say they died like dogs.

I play my bounty hunter as a mercenary with a heart of gold under his rough exterior, usually going light side unless there is a darn good reason to go dark. Usually, it works out for the best.

Haven't gotten too far into Agent yet, but I've gone mostly light side so far.