guard needs to be nerfed

Raansu

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay the hell away from my guard, it's the one thing that makes us tanks useful in pvp, I'm sorry you want to be able to smash monkey two hit everything but you need to realize some of us like to be able to keep other players alive and play a team game.

Also if they nerf guard they need to make it so our shield generators work on all damage types.

Also how can you be asking for tanks to be nerfed, we're an entirely situational class ffs.

Stay the hell away from my guard, it's the one thing that makes us tanks useful in pvp, I'm sorry you want to be able to smash monkey two hit everything but you need to realize some of us like to be able to keep other players alive and play a team game.

Also if they nerf guard they need to make it so our shield generators work on all damage types.

Also how can you be asking for tanks to be nerfed, we're an entirely situational class ffs.

Awww another ignorant poster who thinks everyone is smash spec, how cute. I need to start posting screenshots of my spec to shut you people up.

Sorry but guard is OP as hell. I roll in dps gear in a hybrid build with a pocket healer and we can waltz into a 5v2 and survive for WAY longer than we should. Between bubble stuns, taunts and guard we just stand there and laugh. Heck, my healer even has time to do multiple emotes and still keep both me and him healed.

Unlike most people who just want things to stay broken, I like things to be fixed and take some actual thought. As it stands right now, tank/heal combo is stupid strong and guard needs to be reduced to 30% or stop letting taunts stack with guard.

Oh and for the record cuz im tired of people going "derp smash spec" (a spec thats not even good to begin with. Combat is way more deadly than focus spec) http://i.imgur.com/8Pw7I.jpg / http://i.imgur.com/eGEmI.jpg

Ignorance is bliss though. Stop assuming everyone is smash because it only makes you look ignorant.

Awww another ignorant poster who thinks everyone is smash spec, how cute. I need to start posting screenshots of my spec to shut you people up.

Sorry but guard is OP as hell. I roll in dps gear in a hybrid build with a pocket healer and we can waltz into a 5v2 and survive for WAY longer than we should. Between bubble stuns, taunts and guard we just stand there and laugh. Heck, my healer even has time to do multiple emotes and still keep both me and him healed.

Unlike most people who just want things to stay broken, I like things to be fixed and take some actual thought. As it stands right now, tank/heal combo is stupid strong and guard needs to be reduced to 30% or stop letting taunts stack with guard.

Oh and for the record cuz im tired of people going "derp smash spec" (a spec thats not even good to begin with. Combat is way more deadly than focus spec) http://i.imgur.com/8Pw7I.jpg / http://i.imgur.com/eGEmI.jpg

Ignorance is bliss though. Stop assuming everyone is smash because it only makes you look ignorant.

I found the real balance issue for you. Guard is fine, just nerf smash and bubble stun, buff the healing ACs dps tress a bit, and we could actually have our balanced game back. Its only been awal for what 8 months?

Edited by Asunasan

I had thought i had seen it all well low and behold. I think you've banged your head to many times to think that mate its not like guard provides group protection and it doesn't take 3-4 DPS to take them, Maybe 3-4 bad DPS I have seen 2 focus them down before now. Heck I have seen one lolsmasher take the healer on his own and the Tank was a good tank.

I agree to this. Its a real dumb system with guard and the healing combination. Either remove guard or nerf the heals. The heals in this game is real uber. Never seen such huge heal in ANY online game before, and Ive been playing since 1999. The heals need to be restricted somehow. For instance you could have a cap in healing or that you just can heal certain % -age of your health or just a certains numbers per fight.

Haveing both guard and healing as it is, is real bad for pvping.

Guard is about the only thing making tanks viable in PVP. I agree it's stupid strong. It's supposed to be since it's an entirely defensive combo. You can't kill anyone with it. No one worth killing anyway. Not stacking with taunt seems ok though I'll grant you that, but still feels like tanks should get something in return for that. They can't MAKE players stop attacking the healer after all.

The main and largest problem is the crazy uber heals. But if you add the tank guarding to this problem youll have a a HUGE problem in pvp.

And, no, tactics wont help.

crosshealing is the only thing that's ever going to keep a focus fired healer up. the guard alone (and the healer's lone heals) is nothing. but having 5 ppl taunting instead of 1 or 2 tanks doesn't help the matter or make sense in the first place.

correction: guard is fine. take taunts away from non-tanks.

yeah, a half decent group of dps rolling taunts is retarded effective.

I've been pay'n attention to the score boards more recently now that i'm play'n a tank AC in dps spec (assasin) and noticed i was beating most tanks in damage reduction. and also noticed that almost NO other assassins where on the board. Also got told a few times it doesn't effect PVP /sigh. between that and people not knowing about self buffs when they're lvl 40+ is enough to drive ya mad.

It stacking with guard Damage reduction with taunt is crazy good, however good group comp and overcome it with CCs fairly easily... bubble stun does make it more of a pain if you get caught in it :-(

The tank design is just a bad idea for pvp. It causes too much of a disparity between damage taken when tanks are around and damage taken when they aren't. Healing in general is weaker than straight damage output, because its assumed that tanks will be around to stop damage.

Guard is a bad mechanic. It makes the skill gap for healers (for example) really small. Instead of utilizing things like line of sight and positioning, guard will most of the time favor players who just stand in the open right next to their tank. It is also way too extreme of a difference from when guard is on someone and when they have no guard. 50% is way too much and it really throws the game into imbalance when guard is not on a player.

The game designers obviously can't increase base damage reduction (for example) with things like 50% guard in the game, because a guarded target would never die. But one of the biggest problems right now is that people take too much damage when taunts and guards aren't around.

Its also dumb that hybrids basically have the same taunting and guarding capability as pure tanks in tanking gear. Why does a focus gaurdian in dps gear have the same taunts as a pure tank guardian in tank gear? I don't want to see taunting removed from hybrids, but a dps guardian should have weaker taunts than the pure tank.

Things like taunt and guard should scale off of maybe a defensive stat in pvp or something. Guard's % should be lowered and it should have a cooldown + duration (forcing tanks to monitor their guards, instead of before a game starts "lol do we have a healer? ok i put guard on you"). Would like to see tanks be compensated with another form of CC. Guardian tanks for example used to have another stun in their tanking tree. That was taken away awhile ago, but something like a disarm or silence mechanic would be great for tanks to stop damage.

Its also dumb that hybrids basically have the same taunting and guarding capability as pure tanks in tanking gear. Why does a focus gaurdian in dps gear have the same taunts as a pure tank guardian in tank gear? I don't want to see taunting removed from hybrids, but a dps guardian should have weaker taunts than the pure tank.

gonna comment on this cuz it's a pet peeve of mine...a focus guardian is not a hybrid. he's a dps all the way. if he were to not spec all the way up focus and go into the tank tree, he'd be a hybrid. yes, there are hybrid ACs. but if you spec, for example, into assault, you're a "pure dps." you have less mitigation/avoidance than a sentinel or a gunslinger (that's right; I said it). the fact that you're allowed to taunt is...kinda stupid in pvp. it did have its uses in EV when you needed a taunt for soa but not a 2nd tank. that's the only reason I can think of for it. should prolly also note that all tank classes also have tank "stances" at the base AC level. I'll normally switch that on during hb on my sin (cuz it's instant; the trooper one takes a sec, and I don't bother with it).

I've never, in game, heard anyone complain about the guard mechanic. And for those who want healing nerfed I have a Mara almost levelled to 50 who can be fully geared pretty quick and will hit very hard. Think about the consequences of the changes you want. I think we have some real issues with pvp and guard is not one of them. I am unguarded 80% of the time so it makes no difference to me, but still.... This is your gripe with swtor pvp? Really?

I've never, in game, heard anyone complain about the guard mechanic. And for those who want healing nerfed I have a Mara almost levelled to 50 who can be fully geared pretty quick and will hit very hard. Think about the consequences of the changes you want. I think we have some real issues with pvp and guard is not one of them. I am unguarded 80% of the time so it makes no difference to me, but still.... This is your gripe with swtor pvp? Really?

this ^^

either stop letting taunts/bubbles stack with guards or reduce guard to 20-30%. Healer/Tank combo is straight up stupid right now. Takes 3-4 dps to deal with a 2 team combo and its dumb.

So you can hit 7k freely with your smashretard spec? No way.

Hoping you're a troll.

The tank design is just a bad idea for pvp. It causes too much of a disparity between damage taken when tanks are around and damage taken when they aren't. Healing in general is weaker than straight damage output, because its assumed that tanks will be around to stop damage.

Guard is a bad mechanic. It makes the skill gap for healers (for example) really small. Instead of utilizing things like line of sight and positioning, guard will most of the time favor players who just stand in the open right next to their tank. It is also way too extreme of a difference from when guard is on someone and when they have no guard. 50% is way too much and it really throws the game into imbalance when guard is not on a player.

The game designers obviously can't increase base damage reduction (for example) with things like 50% guard in the game, because a guarded target would never die. But one of the biggest problems right now is that people take too much damage when taunts and guards aren't around.

Things like taunt and guard should scale off of maybe a defensive stat in pvp or something. Guard's % should be lowered and it should have a cooldown + duration (forcing tanks to monitor their guards, instead of before a game starts "lol do we have a healer? ok i put guard on you"). Would like to see tanks be compensated with another form of CC. Guardian tanks for example used to have another stun in their tanking tree. That was taken away awhile ago, but something like a disarm or silence mechanic would be great for tanks to stop damage.

Hey, someone gets it.

Only thing I will say is that I don't think guard should have a cool down or duration on them. I just feel that it needs to have its damage reduction reduced to at least 30% and a guarded player not receive the benefits of taunts. Anyone who thinks its ok for a healer to have 80% damage reduction (guard + taunt) is crazy.

And that's not factoring in if they have a bubble up as well and if they are talented into the stun or not. Then you have the merc who is guarded and "if" you get him low enough he just pops his shield and now you can't interrupt him so he's pretty much guaranteed full hp again. Then there is the scoundrel who at 30% can spam surgical probe and with a guard on him he doesn't even need to move. The guard mechanic is fine, its just 50% is way too strong.