reposted again.. warzone leavers

wezli

Incentives to stay in the WZ would be preferred.

We don't need any more reasons not to queue.

I'm with jibboo, you never know why they leave anyway, could be because the cat's puking in the hall or their kid is hurt or any number of unpleasant real life disasters that can be resolved relatively quickly but not instantly.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incentives to stay in the WZ would be preferred.

We don't need any more reasons not to queue.

Seriously, the few of us in Full WH/Aug/Mod do get sick of playing with undergeared players vs. our ranked wz rivals. If I got like 10 commendations for each player under 14k hitpoints on my team, I'd reconsider staying with those losers.

What do you guys think of this as is, or modified :rak_02:

> A timer

> Quit within a certain amount of time of match start and get penalized

> No incentive for sticking around past timer end, otherwise quitters would just wait until then.

A lot of quitters do so as soon as it looks like there's some adversity, or enemy team is pulling ahead. Meanwhile the match is still winnable, or at least contestable. Or at least it was until they quit and likely shafted their team until their spots are refilled, which may or may not happen soon.

Not an ideal solution, but may work in combination with other stuff.

*kicks the dead horse*

Been through this "discussion" so many times. Only going to say a couple of quick things.

First the team kick option. Sound reasonable on it's face, but lends to all sorts of abuse. If this were to be implemented, then it would need more than a simple majority. I would say it should require 7 votes. But I think (not speaking for anyone else) it's just a bad idea.

As to penalty vs. incentive. I like the incentive idea, but for the life of me I cant think of one that would actually stop the ragers and the win farmers from leaving. But the idea sounds good. Penalty has been the standard for other MMOs, and usually isnt so bad as to make folks unsub. (WoW had/has it for years...and folks kept joining and rarely did anyone rage about how unfair it was) Usually it's the length of a typical WZ. I hear those worried about getting a bug (though in the 100's of WZ I have been in, I have never had something like that perma stun one happen to me personally), and those that have to leave for legit reasons (like RL stuff has to be taken care of immediately)...not sure what can be done about those in a penalty type situation.

One last thing. Threatening to unsub because you dont like something like a penalty, is childish...sorry (and Im sure someone will write a wall of text saying how I am wrong, go ahead) but thats how you come off. And if that's all it takes to cause you to leave, then I am thinking you were already considering it anway. Im sure BW wont say this, but I dont work for BW/EA, so go ahead and leave, you wont be missed by many, if any, folks.

Edited by Telree
grammar corrections and probabaly still not perfect

Y'know, I'll be totally cool with them applying deserter debuffs or some form of penalty, as soon as they also apply these standards to warzone queueing:

1) You must have a minimum expertise rating to queue for a warzone (the minimum full recruit gives you). When me and my pals see 2+ people in PvE gear/with low expertise, we're gone. That's before the match starts (we don't leave losing warzones).

2) They fix the god damn bugs in the game that get you booted from warzones unfairly. For example: the infamous rez-zone stuck-on-the-ground-I-fell-and-can't-get-up bug. Just last night my team lost a Ranked match because I was bugged like that and had to lay in the rez zone until the deserter detection kicked me.

When BioWare gets their act together on these two points, I will 100% back any leaver debuff option.

Personally, I really hate leavers too, and I don't just mean on my team. It really sucks when you're winning a match and the other team leaves and they're all replaced by facerollers who stomp the crap out of you.

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that these quitters needs to take a chill pill and be banned from wz for a certain period of time. It is unacceptable that they quit as soon as they lose an objective. They have no backbone and have no business ruining my gaming experience.

Your gaming expericence nobody cares except you.

All, what all need - its deathmatch warzone without any objectives except kills.