Why Stop?

Raijinlu

Meh, i dont want to troll... going to have to nerd out and put my views on this thread though :rolleyes:

There is more to this than something as simple as the servers are all 90% full and they want people to move on further into the galaxy, with the way everything is phased or instanced or what ever you call it i dont see a problem with 1 million players on starting worlds (exagerated number)

i do find Biowares lack of transparency on the EA somewhat troubling, sure i accept they have there reasons. I do however feel that in some respects this is not the right way to start.

The next wave starts at 3pm gmt (using my local time here) i am not 100% sure what time the last wave of invites but from what i gather from friends etc it was around 7.30pm gmt

so thats pretty much a 20 hour gap....

What concerns me is there does not seem to be a differentiation between EU and US server invites, i feel there should be. I dont understand why they are not working from 2 data bases and monitoring at local (either us or eu) server level check all is ok.

i am going to trust there word that even more will gain access tomorrow, and assume they will pump out invites all day (going on the cst local time now) and go later than they have today... well if they do EU people could be given access at crazy times of night - therefore pointless. please note by pointless i mean if you start someone on wednesday, but the first chance they get to log on is thursday your not spreading a load...

I am sure BW and EA have people far more inteligent than myself who came up with the best solution for this to all work. I dont feel /entitled to play this game. But i want to play!

Hence my point of transparency. I dont know if ill be in tomorrow or thursday or friday, i dont know if the day i will get in will actually provide anything in terms of decent playtime. I could get in at midnight tomorrow (local time) in which case i wont be logging in until 6pm the following day.

TL;DR

i want to be reasonable and rational about it all, but i want to play, a big chunk of the complaints could have been avoided if BW had been transparent about EA and when we get to play - it feels to me like they know something could rub part of the community so they decided to try and keep it out of site.

My guess would be that most people were not home from work yet and they want to give the entire first groups time to get in and off the starting zones. JMO.

They'll have a better idea once all the west coasters are home and playing in about 3 hours or so. Depending on what happens tonight, there may be more waves tomorrow... or not. :sul_grin:

Either way, this time next week we'll all be well on our way.

Edited by Hank-inohbi

My guess would be that most people were not home from work yet and they want to give the entire first groups time to get in and off the starting zones. JMO.

They'll have a better idea once all the west coasters are home and playing in about 3 hours or so. Depending on what happens tonight, there may be more waves tomorrow... or not. :sul_grin:

Either way, this time next week we'll all be well on our way.

good point, mind if i borrow it to add weight to my own? (sorry!)

US servers = US players (primarily)

EU servers = EU Players (primarily)

why wait for the "west coasters" to log in before adding more load to an EU server (or vice versa)

Meh, i dont want to troll... going to have to nerd out and put my views on this thread though :rolleyes:

There is more to this than something as simple as the servers are all 90% full and they want people to move on further into the galaxy, with the way everything is phased or instanced or what ever you call it i dont see a problem with 1 million players on starting worlds (exagerated number)

i do find Biowares lack of transparency on the EA somewhat troubling, sure i accept they have there reasons. I do however feel that in some respects this is not the right way to start.

The next wave starts at 3pm gmt (using my local time here) i am not 100% sure what time the last wave of invites but from what i gather from friends etc it was around 7.30pm gmt

so thats pretty much a 20 hour gap....

What concerns me is there does not seem to be a differentiation between EU and US server invites, i feel there should be. I dont understand why they are not working from 2 data bases and monitoring at local (either us or eu) server level check all is ok.

i am going to trust there word that even more will gain access tomorrow, and assume they will pump out invites all day (going on the cst local time now) and go later than they have today... well if they do EU people could be given access at crazy times of night - therefore pointless. please note by pointless i mean if you start someone on wednesday, but the first chance they get to log on is thursday your not spreading a load...

I am sure BW and EA have people far more inteligent than myself who came up with the best solution for this to all work. I dont feel /entitled to play this game. But i want to play!

Hence my point of transparency. I dont know if ill be in tomorrow or thursday or friday, i dont know if the day i will get in will actually provide anything in terms of decent playtime. I could get in at midnight tomorrow (local time) in which case i wont be logging in until 6pm the following day.

TL;DR

i want to be reasonable and rational about it all, but i want to play, a big chunk of the complaints could have been avoided if BW had been transparent about EA and when we get to play - it feels to me like they know something could rub part of the community so they decided to try and keep it out of site.

As someone who played in the closed beta, and watched the way the beta weekends went, I think they're waiting and watching to see if the servers really do fill up to expectations. Even after they hit "Full", there's the matter of the queue. When the queue gets long enough, on enough servers, they'll suddenly reveal that they have more servers waiting.

I think the reason they do this is to keep the playerbase concentrated and avoid the pitfall of low population "desert" servers. I can't help but find this sense of humility somewhat quaint, given the white-hot fury of the fanbase's desire to get in-game and stay there forever, but that's the trend I've seen.

why did they stop at 5 waves why not add more most ppl are off of work now, would like to play...right? This isnt beta last i heard its not really right for only 5 waves while the rest of us wait to play.

The need to keep the Origin Worlds moving so that people can level. One of the rough spots in beta was over crowding on the origin worlds which made it really boring and hard to level even to 10 at times. This way people game, level and clear out for the next wave - kind of like a buffet :)

I can agree with some that you said i was there for the wow launch that was really bad i had to jump to 2 servers b4 i found the right one that was stable....boy what a bad week that was.

But in all honesty i think servers now have come a long way in technology that could handle what we players want that is to play now, why they dont do that who know lack of funds....your guess is as good as mine.

Also whats the max capacity of these servers anyone know? And i hope alot more of us get on tomorrow today i admit was a disapointment i wanted to play but thats the way the dice is rolled lol

I've seen alot of negetivity towards Bioware today. Granted, I woke up early and followed the forums/checked email/followed on Twitter to see if I could get in and when the last wave hit. I didn't make it but eh, no big deal. Theres always tomorrow people, stop acting like its Armageddon. Besides, their announcement says UP to 5 days early and today was ( do the math) 7 days early. NOONE was guaranteed. I think its pretty awesome of Bioware to open up 2 days early to get things flowing a little sooner. I'll be doing the same tomorrow as I did today...Watching everything like a hawk. Aaaaaaaand, if I don't get in tomorrow either? Guess I'll watch season 2 of The Big Bang Theory :)

Don't stress it people, you WILL get in..give it time!!

I am pretty sure the "Server Full" message is after they reach a certain percent of the server filled. Now what that % is ...

I know with my job when we reach 85% capacity we install more fiber, servers, etc.. It makes sense that when the gmae servers reach a similar cpacity that it would flag them as full to push people to other servers to spread the load. Now on the 20th they will likely remove those restrictions and let people slam whatever server they want.

Nearly 1 Million pre orders is a ton of player base to start with give them time.

Just thought I'd remind most of you of the following:

Pre-Launch access is a privilege, not a right.

From what I understand, everyone who pre-ordered should be able to get access eventually, but you need to remember that Bioware are letting people in 25k at a time, and with 2.1mil+ pre-orders, it may take a while.

Bioware are staggering the launch as best they can. Have some patience.