Disappointed in Flash Points

I fell in love with this game almost immediately, but I really fell hard after the first Flashpoint - Black Talon. I loved all the conversation opportunities. I had never really role played my character in a group setting in an MMO before, at least not quite like that. I loved it. And there were so many conversations, that each party member got to speak a few times. It was immersive. ("Hey, that's me!")

Then I did the next three. Beyond a dark/light choice halfway through, what happened to all the conversations?

Although I will not say that I was disappointed with the ones after BT ( or The Esseles in my case), I do agree that some more conversations would definitely improve the overall feel you have when running them. The briefing from Satele Shan/Malgus before entering each FP just doesn't really cut imo.

I have to agree with you. With the amount of points required from just going from Social 1 to Social 2, a few conversation options per FP is not going to cut it. The players are replaying BT, and not Mandalorian Raiders, for a reason.

I have to agree with you. With the amount of points required from just going from Social 1 to Social 2, a few conversation options per FP is not going to cut it. The players are replaying BT, and not Mandalorian Raiders, for a reason.

Its a nice happy medium guys.. This has been discussed at length many times. You can't have every FP that story heavy because, believe it or not, not everybody wants a big amount of story in a dungeon. They put some in for the RP crowd and others for the MMO crowd.

The FPs at the end of the game contain a pretty fair amount of conversation. BT is fun, but it's fun the first time and then it gets annoying having a 5-minute conversation every other pull. Wait until the 50 FPs. They contain a good bit of story and are fun and engaging.

Boarding Party and Foundry are good also.

The FPs at the end of the game contain a pretty fair amount of conversation. BT is fun, but it's fun the first time and then it gets annoying having a 5-minute conversation every other pull. Wait until the 50 FPs. They contain a good bit of story and are fun and engaging.

Boarding Party and Foundry are good also.

This.

If people would stop and think for a moment, they'd realize that having anywhere near THAT MUCH conversation in EVERY FP would mean that you'd never get a group. Nobody would want to run them.

There's enough dialogue to keep it interesting and get you your social points and D/L points. Take it where you can get it, I suppose.

This.

If people would stop and think for a moment, they'd realize that having anywhere near THAT MUCH conversation in EVERY FP would mean that you'd never get a group. Nobody would want to run them.

There's enough dialogue to keep it interesting and get you your social points and D/L points. Take it where you can get it, I suppose.

Oh! That's what I did wrong! I didn't stop and think! Of course! And it only took a moment!

Isn't possible that opinions will differ about what is and isn't enough conversation and dialogue, and that stopping and thinking has nothing to do with it? People who want more social points on the way to the higher levels might be more inclined to group with more conversations.

Of course opinions will differ - it's partly what these boards are for - but I advocate a happy medium. There are so many in the first, and then nothing, nothing, nothing.

Edited by Indoorsman

I want my flashpoints to mean something. They are the perfect time to really make you feel like your part of a bigger story but so far only the Black Talon has made me care about what I was doing. Yes I understand some people just want to rush ahead and geargrind but I expect more from my games.

Its a nice happy medium guys.. This has been discussed at length many times. You can't have every FP that story heavy because, believe it or not, not everybody wants a big amount of story in a dungeon. They put some in for the RP crowd and others for the MMO crowd.

No it's not a happy medium, it's a crappy compromise that doesn't satisfy anyone. After hearing so much hype about these dialogue filled flashpoints, and then only getting one of them, I really feel cheated. Quite frankly this is one of the reasons I will not continue my subscription after the initial free month.