Streaming client?

zJesusJavier

Hello, is the streaming client not longer available? I want to play while the game is downloading but I can't find how... The game is 50GB.. Not everyone have a fast internet to download the game in hours, for some of us it takes days, days of subscription that are being lose. Edited by zJesusJavier

The streaming client is still available and is the default when downloading from the main website. If you are downloading from Steam then that will be the non-streaming client as Steam does not support the streaming version.

The streaming client is still available and is the default when downloading from the main website. If you are downloading from Steam then that will be the non-streaming client as Steam does not support the streaming version.

I downloaded the client from SWTOR.com and is the same as the Steam one, none is using bitraider which was the thing that allowed streaming while playing.

I downloaded the client from SWTOR.com and is the same as the Steam one, none is using bitraider which was the thing that allowed streaming while playing.

Hmm. Maybe they removed the BitRaider client. It has been a major pain with several connection issues of late, or maybe they decided to unify the main launcher with Steam. It might be possible to reverse the steps to removing BitRaider and switch from the non-streaming to the streaming client. I have no idea if that would work. But be aware that several people have had problems connecting to the game with the streaming client for several weeks now with BW saying they fixed the problem and ignoring people saying they are still having problems. So a number of people have had to switch to the non-streaming client just so they could play.

Considering all of the problems that the streaming client tends to have I would just wait for the non-streaming client to finish installing.

Hmm. Maybe they removed the BitRaider client. It has been a major pain with several connection issues of late, or maybe they decided to unify the main launcher with Steam. It might be possible to reverse the steps to removing BitRaider and switch from the non-streaming to the streaming client. I have no idea if that would work. But be aware that several people have had problems connecting to the game with the streaming client for several weeks now with BW saying they fixed the problem and ignoring people saying they are still having problems. So a number of people have had to switch to the non-streaming client just so they could play.

Considering all of the problems that the streaming client tends to have I would just wait for the non-streaming client to finish installing.

Well.. I have no choice but wait, I hope that in the future a streaming option is added again. Thank you for you help.