Just solo world boss Tatooine.

Got 3 purple drops. Tried the same thing now on Coruscant but he wiped my lvl 50 in seconds. So i dont know if we should be able to solo the one on tatooine.Dont think it's a good thing players can do this and farm him to sell loot.Maybe this need to be changed bioware ?

Thread about level 50's doing sub-par content that it intended for groups? I don't even...

In every MMO, you have level content. If you choose to go back and do non-level content; that's your choice.

Next thing you know, you'll be asking for BioWare to remove the ability to make gear for their alts.

Dont think it's a good thing players can do this and farm him to sell loot.Maybe this need to be changed bioware ?

I think it's an excellent thing and I'm exceedingly pleased that Bioware didn't import the standard MMO rule of grey mobs not dropping items. This still gives you a reason to try the world bosses even if you've done them before. Having items to twink or sell is wonderful.

I think it's an excellent thing and I'm exceedingly pleased that Bioware didn't import the standard MMO rule of grey mobs not dropping items. This still gives you a reason to try the world bosses even if you've done them before. Having items to twink or sell is wonderful.

Not quite as excellent for people of the appropriate level range that can't do the world bosses because they are on farm by level 50's.

Not that I mind either way as it doesn't really concern me but its the reason most MMO's make grey mobs drop nothing.

I was able to solo the tatooine world boss on Lord Adraas. Not sure if I was the first, problably not. The coruscant one has an auto 1 kill to prevent that. WHich is fine, I guess.

I didn't solo kill the world boss because I wanted to the loot to sell. Mostly I was curious to see if I could do it. It is something, I recommend for the fun of it. But I would never ask them to make the world boss drops boe just to allow me to sell what I get off of them. There are other mobs for that, if you hunt them down and find em. (I know of 3 personally, and am not sharing my farms with the world at large yet. Maybe in a year or so.)

Not quite as excellent for people of the appropriate level range that can't do the world bosses because they are on farm by level 50's.

Not that I mind either way as it doesn't really concern me but its the reason most MMO's make grey mobs drop nothing.

That's the stated reason, but it doesn't work out that way. What actually happens is that lowbies just don't get to do the World Bosses at all because there are not enough people at the level range who want to do them. High level folks don't want to do them because they get no rewards at all and their participation removes the drops.

On Sunday, I was playing in Alderaan, when so high levels who wanted to do the Siegebreaker for whatever reason sent a call out for folks. About 8+ people in the appropriate range showed up, the boss went down and some folks got pieces they could actually use.

I know perfectly well why other MMOs created this rule, but the laws of unintended consequences, meant that instead of lowbies getting pushed out by high levels, NO ONE was able to do the content.

I'm glad that greys drop items also. DAoC was like that and it made it so that you could go back and pick up trophies from mobs I missed on the way through.

I think most games should be like that though. As others have said, you usually can't drum up enough interest to take it down when its level appropriate. It also brings in 50's that want to do them either for the stuff, or just out of boredom (which I do at times on any mmo I'm on.) It's definatly not required but, I usually send out a zone all and say I'm going to take it down if anyone wants to join. I usually do the same if I feel like farming a zone group content or low level dungeon. Just as long as I state before hand that I want the crafting materials or whatever else I may be after.

Where I can see this being relevant in TOR is if crafting patterns are dropped by the world bosses in 1.2. I thought I read that they do but, I don't feel like going through the posts to see if they do.

the stuff that drops from them is useless at 50 AND useless for farming to sell since you can get more by running high end content anyway. I cant imagine any 50 wasting his time traveling around, esp with bosses on timers as they are... farmable? yeah but waste of time.

So the whole point 'might' be running it for/with some lower lvl people for achievent feeling or twink gear but as i said, pointless.

The drops are BOP so you can't sell them and they are completely useless at level 50.

Wrong! World boss loot (at least for Imperial players) is BoE all the way through at least the Nar Shaddaa world boss since 1.1.5. I can confirm from having solo'd all these bosses (Can't solo any higher level ones as a DPS Jugg - no heals. /sad)

Why would anyone do a lower level world boss solo?

My only adds to the commentary are...

1) If they haven't done it previoulsly, it still shows as an uncompleted objective for the planet in the codex. Although I have no idea what completing all the objectives actually gains, if anything... I heard maybe there's an XP payoff? I guess that's still some incentive for a 50 that may be trying to reach legacy level 10 (or whatever) threshold.

2) For the BoE drops, it's one of the few actual perks/rewards for developing at least one character all the way to 50 before starting up the next one. Don't have the peeps to do the world boss but at least my lvl 50 can get the drops for me.

Wrong! World boss loot (at least for Imperial players) is BoE all the way through at least the Nar Shaddaa world boss since 1.1.5. I can confirm from having solo'd all these bosses (Can't solo any higher level ones as a DPS Jugg - no heals. /sad)

You can get the world boss on alderaan down easy,as Veng specc Jugg. Wear 2 items from the jugg PvP vindicator set, rest is columi dps gear, ram your tank gear on broom and dps it down. Use intercede off cd on Broon for the 8% hp heal. If you try to use Quinn your screwed as world bosses keep comps feared for entire fight and quinn dies fast from aoe. Broon in half decent tank gear should live for entire fight.

The next level world boss (another robot on Quesh) hits a fair bit harder, can get it close but not quite, it kills broon at about 30% hp. Think its doable with full rekata gear on broon.

I have had one item that was BoP from a world boss, rest were all BOE and my alts had uses for them. Plus it beats the endless queing for Wz once you have completed both the raids in one night.

Edited by Gruntcruncher

• 4 weeks later...
Gotta ask: does the Tatooine world boss have an enrage timer now? I know all the WBs get stronger at 40%-ish, but this is ridiculous. I'm level 50 with about 18k health. Beat him down to 20% and I myself have 75% health. He ONE-SHOTTED ME. How in the world is that possible?

Trapjaw has always had an enrage, 8 minutes if memory serves. As for the Coruscant world boss one shotting you, he has a "Proximity Laser" that he puts on two targets, the closer those targets get to each other, the more damage they do, up to around 5k per tick. (about half a second per tick) When you are soloing him, he puts it between you and him, and because you are in melee range, you die.

I was able to solo the tatooine world boss on Lord Adraas. Not sure if I was the first, problably not. The coruscant one has an auto 1 kill to prevent that. WHich is fine, I guess.

I didn't solo kill the world boss because I wanted to the loot to sell. Mostly I was curious to see if I could do it. It is something, I recommend for the fun of it. But I would never ask them to make the world boss drops boe just to allow me to sell what I get off of them. There are other mobs for that, if you hunt them down and find em. (I know of 3 personally, and am not sharing my farms with the world at large yet. Maybe in a year or so.)

That is not correct, the Coruscant Boss can be soloed pretty easy. The only you need is having a companion active, doesnt matter that he cannot do anything in all the battle, he would prevent you to be instakilled.

So far i have been able to solo the bosses of Coruscant, Taris, Nar Shadda, Tatooine and Quesh.

Edited by Shaligal

I am Empire player, i soloed with my main sorcerer all bosses up to Taris (included - lvl 38 giant worm) all without hitting enrage. Quesh boss kill me with one hit when he was at about 10% health. He was enraged for some time doing little dmg and then one shoted me. Edited by Xantuss