Jedi Shadow pve dps?

fitzle

I have a Trooper Lvl 50, a BH level 35, a Sith Assasin level 22 and a Consular Shadow level 36.

I found the weakest dps for PvE by a long way was the Consular Shadow.

I tried 4 different spec builds with the Shadow, I have good/best gear for my level.

Yes I probably play this game too much...

The Shadow struggles big time until level 32 when you get spinning strike. That one skill alone will boost you dps up to comparable levels.

I read lots about how Shadows have similar dps to the rest etc etc.. I just can not agree.

Also interesting was in the time it took me to level a Sith Assasin to level 14, I had only managed to get to level 10 as a Consular.

Consular starter area seems to drag no end, and combat is incredibly slow.

Try a Sith Inqui' straight off the bat the dps seems way faster, quests quicker.

Consular also too many skills in the hot bar during combat, fights drawn out, always feel like your playing a tank.

Seriously, Shadows been a grind. I will stick with it till 50, I like the ship.

They do pretty good dps, i suggest reading this post for more information: http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-May-The-Force-Be-With-You-managing-the-Sith-Assassin-s-Jedi-Shadow-s-resources it talks both sith/jc terms most of the post is theorycraft about how to best manage your force, but at the bottom there is a breakdown on the better dps specs. 0/13/28 seems to be the goto spec that is more force friendly for management. It is what i have been using, its a bit of a challenge to get used to but works out for me, we're 4/5 hardmode EV so far. And i feel like i am a major contributor, if im out of a fight somehow its noticible for sure. Edited by DubyooC

The only thing that kept me from deleting this under par dps class was the stealth.

You get so tired of the long fights, at least with stealth you can just get past everything and mission is done.

Really missed the boom boom of Commando/BH huge AoE everythings dead in 3 seconds.

Also, not many Shadow skills break heavy armor, so this in itself kinda makes the class gimped imho.

We will be seeing less and less Shadows I think.

Looking forward to trying a sage.

Shadows just do not have enough going for them.

The only thing that kept me from deleting this under par dps class was the stealth.

You get so tired of the long fights, at least with stealth you can just get past everything and mission is done.

This guy is missing the point he is talking about the leveling journey, and really has no idea what the class is like endgame. We scale hugely with gear, i can shadow strike for 5k+, Force In Balance for 4k+, my double saber strike does about 1200 per hit, i hit hard and seem to do alot of dps.

I am a level 50 Infiltrator and happy with what I went with, I am on the other hand ware of people not liking the Shadow style of doing things, I think perhaps you chose the wrong class to begin with, and its not actually your gaming style and you found that out. It does not mean the Shadow class is pointless, or has no place in this game, they are just your opinions.

I do fairly good DPS bursts with my spec, its good enough for the job I want to do, I am not the strongest player out there, but I don't think Infiltrators are supposed to be. Tank shadows are good for easy wins, and get you through the end game easier I assume.

Just go with what ever your happy with to play and it suits your play style, JMHO.

Some people just dont have the patience, how a character levels, and how they are end game are generally night and day, leveling you just do what you do your gear sucks, you just l2p really and slowly add in new abilities as you get them. That is what leveling is about. I mean when i hit 50 i was shadow striking for like 2100 damage, damage was mediocre at best, i was getting *********** ROLLED in PvP, with a little persistence and patience the story is quite different now.

I use my shadow in end game DPS and if the situation allows it (melee friendly fight) I can DPS enough to pull aggro over others as 2nd in threat, so end-game DPS is very strong and viable if you play the class correctly and use the right skills in order based on buffs etc.

Played my 50 shadow both in DPS speccs (Infiltration + Balance) and tank specc and have to say... I love it. Except maybe that you suck as a tank against sorcerers but that is a different story.

However - as it has been mentioned before, the shadow scales really well with gear. 4k Force in Balance crits and 4.8k Shadow strikes (sometimes higher) are lovely. The thing is:

A) You need some skill in force management

B) You need gear.

C) Specc wisely.

However! Note that there are melee friendly and unfriendly fights. And even with the best force management you will have dps peaks and lows. If that ain' your thing, take a commando. Ranged dps and pretty steady compared to a shadow.

Melee dps in any game when it comes to pve is always more challenging, the player has to be better, this is what draws me to the melee rogue class in every mmo, i like the challenge it presents, ranged dps always has it easier in almost every situation, this does not mean they are better, but they are better for some people. If you cannot stay alive as melee, you probably should stick to ranged classes as a general rule :p Dead dps is bad dps :cool:

Played my 50 shadow both in DPS speccs (Infiltration + Balance) and tank specc and have to say... I love it. Except maybe that you suck as a tank against sorcerers but that is a different story.

However - as it has been mentioned before, the shadow scales really well with gear. 4k Force in Balance crits and 4.8k Shadow strikes (sometimes higher) are lovely. The thing is:

A) You need some skill in force management

B) You need gear.

C) Specc wisely.

However! Note that there are melee friendly and unfriendly fights. And even with the best force management you will have dps peaks and lows. If that ain' your thing, take a commando. Ranged dps and pretty steady compared to a shadow.

I totally agree, with my fellow Infiltrator here. You do need the right gear, and the right rotations and management, with out understanding how to play this class you won't reach its true potential.

I've played melee and ranged classes in raids in a few MMO's and I don't agree with the statement that melee's is "harder" or you need "more skill". In my experience melee has to be more aware of aoe while managing resources and cd's while ranged usually has more complicated dps rotations, add management and cd's. Both are equally difficult to "master", the get to they same point in different ways.

Edit:

Melee dps also has to worry about interupts

Ranged usually has to worry about grouping

Edited by Grappas