Once you marry your companion that's it?

Haiken

I have to say, the romantic story arcs really add a layer of depth to the game that I didn't expect (and I absolutely love Vector). :)

I would LOVE to see the following:

1. Your spouse is moved from their station on the ship into your quarters. I mean, does he really need to stay in the cargo bay? That's the Star Wars equivalent of making them sleep on the couch. LOL! "No Vector, YOU stay in the cargo bay because you were late for dinner again!" LOL!

2. More interactions with them to keep the romance story line going, i.e.: Daily quest interactions with your spouse - like, one day they make you dinner, or say something sweet, or do the nasty (lol) or give you some kind of unique, rare gift, like a vanity pet, a special weapon, framed art to put up in your ship to make it unique or an equippable token/mod that is unique. Would also be nice if my "husband" would say different things when I click on him while questing...seems unnatural for a spouse to say "I live to serve." LOL! If only THAT kind of comment was based in reality! LOL! It does seem kind of anti-climactic for the whole romance to be done with once you get hitched.

3. A title. I would love to have the title [Name] [spouse's last name]-[Legacy Surname]...OR your spouse can take on your surname or some kind of hyphenated hybrid. LOL! For example, my character's name is E'landria, last name/legacy name Kain, I'd love to have the option to have the title E'landria Hyllus-Kain, and our "children" to have the hyphenated last name.

4. It sounds like, when they implement the Legacy system, you'll be able to assign who's related to who in the family tree. It would be cool if your "children" are able to develop special traits depending on who you choose for a spouse, or if you could choose special appearance options not available to characters that aren't assigned as "children" in the character creation screen (i.e.: if your spouse is a different species), or special racial traits and abilities for offspring from Sith/Jedi parents that might be force-sensitive. Maybe give special bonuses for choosing light/dark side options, depending upon your lineage and what orientation your parents have. If they can't implement it in the character creation screen, maybe have in-game customizations for your character, so if your mother is, say, Kaliyo, you could have a tattoo option, or if your father is Aric Jordan, you could have pointed ear options or something.

5. The ability to rekindle a romance if you've chosen the wrong option or decide you chose the wrong romantic partner.

So far, I love this aspect of the game, and I look forward to seeing what Bioware/EA/LucasArts does to expand upon it. Great job so far - this blows away every MMO on the market.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you paced things just right. On the other hand, Doc became Mr. Cymae Masani about fifteen minutes after I got back to my boat at the end of Act II. I got almost a full level from the backlog of conversations with him that triggered (and rightly so, the man can be difficult! :p ), but to have the emotional progression go from having made out in the medbay once to a full-on wedding and talking about kids in that timeframe was...a little jarring. Level-wise, I think I was 42-ish. I wonder if some tinkering with the requirements for a quest to trigger could fix some of that.

I agree. At the very least, there should be one hour of real time between those conversations, I wouldn't have been averse to having it be one stage per real day.

As for offspring between species, there seems to be a certain ambiguity. On the one hand, we "know" that the original Dark Side force users interbred with the Sith species, but on the other, we don't see any mixed-species people in the game. Perhaps Sith Sorcery or other "extreme measures" are required for such things -- but by the end of Chapter 3, the player characters are in a position of having some very powerful contacts capable of pulling off some pretty spectacular stuff.

Edited by Ancaglon

/AGREE!!!!!

I mentioned that a few posts back too!!!! It sucks to think my ENTIRE romantic relationship, from star to finish took place in a med-bay :(

Also Elara eluded to:

"an official ceremony someday"

I would like to see that added. Also like many have said in this thread, just moving the location of the conversations (like the captains quarters) would be more appropriate.

Mine was in the cargo hold.

:(

/AGREE!!!!!

I mentioned that a few posts back too!!!! It sucks to think my ENTIRE romantic relationship, from star to finish took place in a med-bay :(

Yeah all of the convo's with Quinn take place on the bridge, however the Andronikos ones move around a bit, though they all start on the bridge.

Mine was in the cargo hold.

:(

Well Han and Leia's first kiss was on the Falcon, so not too far off Star Wars standards, but Anakin and Padme's wedding was on Naboo, much nicer.

Well for the male trooper Elara spell's out "exactly how a wedding should be" in the future. I think that whole scenario would be an awesome side game/mission/story. You know, like how the missions go now:

"Retrieve party favors from 10 imperials"

Bonus "Collect 8 extra chairs for guests from interrogation droids"

Bonus "Retrieve Biometric Diamond Ring from Darth Wedding planner"

Then the end story/animation is all your companions and NPCs are at an elaborate wedding.

I'm digging that. Bioware get on it!!

I'm happy with the romance arc for the most part. It lasted, at least on my trooper, just long enough to get me to 50, plus some follow-up e-mail. I imagine that any major story developments between my toon and her mate will take place when there are more major story developments in general- future content patches, expansions, etc. The only thing I'd like to see in between is for those little e-mails to keep coming once in a while. they're cute and not too hard on Bioware resources to add into the game every couple of weeks or so. But honestly, I'd like to keep getting followup e-mails from other NPC's too, so that's more of a general story thing.

I agree with the emails.

I think it would be cool if there was a "3 choice" respond option to your companions emails, much like how the story mode works. This definitely wouldn't be too hard on Bioware (in theory) because it's all text! No animation, No voice actintg. I think the hardest part would be the integration in the email, and possibly keeping the story straight if you made certain choices.

As always I'm down for more animation and voice acting, but anything extra is great too.

They should add things like after you get married you have kids. For Sith Warriors who married Jaesa like me:

You would then have to pay their tuition and other costs (textbooks) while they attend the Sith Academy. The costs will be heavy so you'll have to grind out a lot of warzones and HM Flashpoints which I'm sure everybody does already (what else is there to do at 50?). Your kids make bad decisions and find themselves in situations that you have to bail them out of through either violence or money. Their reckless behavior frustrates you greatly. You and Jaesa argue constantly over every little thing as a result of the stress. Finally, the both of you get divorced and the Dark Council gives Jaesa custody of the kids, half your assets, possession of your ship, and on top of all this you'll need to pay child support till all your children graduate from the academy. You are then left broke and miserable, doomed to spend the rest of your days in a drunken stupor at the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Edited by JackNimbyl

They should add things like after you get married you have kids. For Sith Warriors who married Jaesa like me:

You would then have to pay their tuition and other costs (textbooks) while they attend the Sith Academy. The costs will be heavy so you'll have to grind out a lot of warzones and HM Flashpoints which I'm sure everybody does already (what else is there to do at 50?). Your kids make bad decisions and find themselves in situations that you have to bail them out of through either violence or money. Their reckless behavior frustrates you greatly. You and Jaesa argue constantly over every little thing as a result of the stress. Finally, the both of you get divorced and the Dark Council gives Jaesa custody of the kids, half your assets, possession of your ship, and on top of all this you'll need to pay child support till all your children graduate from the academy. You are then left broke and miserable, doomed to spend the rest of your days in a drunken stupor at the Mos Eisley Cantina.

That's just golden! Made my day! ;)

Darth Wedding Planner FTW.

I find your lack of matching aisle runners and chair-backs disturbing.

Indeed, wonder if there'll be a proper wedding..otherwise my Sith & Andronikos justt announced themselves married on the bridge ;):ph_love_this::sy_empire:

Yeah all of the convo's with Quinn take place on the bridge, however the Andronikos ones move around a bit, though they all start on the bridge.

Thus far, when I get the notice that Quinn wants to talk, I try the closest cantina first. Sometimes, he says "I would like to speak when we get back to the ship" insisting on the ship, and the convo will trigger there. But sometimes, he has no problems talking in whatever planet's cantina.

Doing it this way keeps a variety of locations for my conversations with him ... and it looks and feels more natural that way.

Something I did notice, as well ... from "romancing" Vector and "romancing" Quinn .... if you don't pump affection via gifts the conversations trigger more naturally, time-wise. Assuming that you use the companion as a regular out and about companion, that is. If not, I've gotten into the habit of only giving as many gifts as it would take to get the person to the same level of affection as the person I do regularly carry around ... no higher.

And its something I just regularly check, like maintenance.

Doing it that may helps trigger their conversations more naturally.

Posted this in the suggestions thread, but it quickly got buried:

I too would like to see real companion quests that we can actually execute when we hit the designated affection level, not simple fade to black dialogue moments. Bioware has done this in many of their other games, I'm not sure why it was omitted in this one. Especially since questing is so central to the MMO genre. Seemed the perfect fit.

I get the fade to black moments during the "under the sheets" bits, but I would have loved to accompany Jaessa as she hunts rogue Sith or Quinn as he tracks down an old enemy. Not just hear about them after an awkward fade to black that seems disjointed and incomplete. Certainly those would have been infinitely more interesting than the standard-fare side quests that get increasingly dull as the game wears on.

And, regarding our love interest, can we get a real "closing" to the marriage arc? I didn't even know I was married until I started receiving letters from my "wife". Apparently "one thing at a time" translates into "yes, I'll marry you...this second". Would have been nice to have a cut scene there as a reward, similar to Ep II.

Edited by Tylthul

One thing I wish they would add beyond just "more quests that once you do we are waiting another 6 months for more companion quests" is the ability to interact with them then just besides "right clicking on them and getting 1 out of 10 different responses" Especially if you have romanced one. It is really stupid to have married the companion ... and that's it until bioware adds more quests...seriously? I mean, I know its "hahaha so funny that's marriage" ********, but if i kept giving my wife awesome gifts and spending time with her....i'd get more than just a cold shoulder LOL:cool:

Perhaps something like this:

If romanced an occasional (or related to more gifts/affection gained even beyond max) .1) some flirt scenes/options. 2) random poking fun of other companions/options 3) of course, what everyone wants; but too chick**** to say... more sex scene options.

Heh I wasn't scared. :p My post was in a different thread though. :D

Honestly what I'd like more of is flirting with your companions. Maybe when we're out and about questing or whatever I get the urge to yank him around some giant pillar and black screen the crap out of him or a nice squeeze or kiss (yeah, I know this isn't Dragon Age but those elements are what made it more exciting for my character).

I'm just an evil sap I guess eh? I have plenty of love for Andronikos (personally) and want to show it by smacking that booty while running to that next Slicing spot lol.

Aric Jorgan and I think alike. Mostly. I avoided flirting with him, despite how I want a romance with him because he seems like the really "Down-to-business" type, and gaining 15 affection each for not flirting with him reassures me a little bit, but not much... Did I just F*** my entire chance to romance him?

Aric Jorgan and I think alike. Mostly. I avoided flirting with him, despite how I want a romance with him because he seems like the really "Down-to-business" type, and gaining 15 affection each for not flirting with him reassures me a little bit, but not much... Did I just F*** my entire chance to romance him?

Probably. You have to flirt in order to trigger the romance. Hard to start dating someone if you never express interest.

Edited by Cythereal

Something I did notice, as well ... from "romancing" Vector and "romancing" Quinn .... if you don't pump affection via gifts the conversations trigger more naturally, time-wise. Assuming that you use the companion as a regular out and about companion, that is. If not, I've gotten into the habit of only giving as many gifts as it would take to get the person to the same level of affection as the person I do regularly carry around ... no higher.

And its something I just regularly check, like maintenance.

Doing it that may helps trigger their conversations more naturally.

I wish I would have known more about the affection and the story otherwise I would have done the more natural method.

Now that I'm a level 50 Trooper, married and talking children with Elara, I realize that my other companions are severely behind, and I'm curious to see what their stories are like.

I just started a smuggler and I'm going to do it this route; just basically try and keep all the companions at the same level and let it happen naturally.