***Official PvE Progression V2***

Bombbuster

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Underworld Alliance has achieved the Warstalker title on 03/01/13 in a 58 min run!!!

Gratz and well-earned!

Also, for discussion:

For 2.0 I'm considering starting the list fresh with 2.0 progression. My thoughts are that we have several guilds currently listed who have left the game, disbanded, are no longer doing progression, etc., and I can't think of any way to exhaustively prune the list other than start over.

Alternately, I could just leave the list as is and add 2.0 progression for a short time, say one month, and then start deleteing any guilds who have not chimed in with any progression after 30 days. The rationale being if a guild hasn't conquered a single ops boss by then, then that guild is probably no longer doing operations even if they still exist.

Thoughts?

After 2.0 a lot of the operations will be a lot easier to complete, so I think a new list would be in order. Especially since they are re-balancing Terror From Beyond, nearly all of the old progression standings would be meaningless. Except, of course, in the case of posterity. I don't know that TFB HM will be any harder or easier than it is now, but we won't know until guilds start clearing it at 55, not 50. Similarly, I foresee that there will be massive changes in the ranks of guilds in the time shortly after 2.0 comes out. Not that that has any affect on the guild's progression as a whole, but it may screw with how fast that guild progresses after 2.0 drops.

Just my two cents though.

I agree that a new list is really in order. EC and TfB are being rebalanced for level 55, the skill trees and gear curves are all new. It's really a very distinct progression curve. While server first Warstalker means something, in the end, it falls into the same category as server first "the Infernal" or "the Unyielding". Welcome to the ever-running treadmill that is the modern MMO.

Also, I know several guilds that are radically changing their composition and even their roster (e.g. Wrath of the Forsaken) when 2.0 drops, so we're not even talking about the same players, collectively speaking.

Let's stick with the current one (update please!) until 2.0 drops.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

• 3 weeks later...

Covenant Shadows is now 3/5 after killing Operator IX on in HM TfB.

Bit slow clearing through to it, but we got him finally.

Also did NiM EV 8 man, not as important really, but still something.

Edited by ellenbec

• 2 weeks later...
Bump for new content.

Weren't we going to create a new thread for the 2.0 content? There are a couple concerns with reusing the old thread. In particular, NiM EC doesn't mean anything anymore (since it hasn't been buffed to 55), and TfB HM progression has been completely reset, and so none of the old clears rank against new ones.

Additionally, there is something that *everyone* who cares about progression on this server should be keeping in mind: HM S&V and HM TfB aren't a progression race. Because of the changes in level cap and gear tiers, the race to clear HM S&V is really a race to get 8 people to 55 and then under-gear things to the maximal extent possible. Because of that leveling component, it really doesn't count as a fair challenge. The first real competitive progression we will get in 2.0 will be NiM TfB, since there we will all be on even footing w.r.t. gear and level.

With all that said, I still think we either need a second thread, or a full reset of this one.

I thought we were going to start a new thread. I dont even knot if most of the guild up on this thread even play anymore. I think it would be easier and cleaner if we started a new thread.

Anyway Anger Management has cleared Scum and Villainy Story mode as well.

Untied is no longer progressing. We have been assimilated by Progeny of sorrow and taken the place as the third progression team . The move was decided on a number of factors, but rest assured the entire 9 man raiding core is still intact and will progress as progeny of sorrow.

<Aisthesis> is now 7/7 Scum and Villainy. AM got it about 2 hours before we did. :-) Fully blind run though; no PTS or guides!
Updated for both you and AM.

Dark Templar (Jointly with Empire) is now 7/7 for S&V story mode.

Gratz on the clear, I updated you and Empire (didn't they change their name?). Note that progression rankings only change with all-guild boss kills.

So far, the only 55 ops hard mode kills I'm seeing are from UA. Let me know if I missed anyone.

Edited by Bombbuster

So far, the only 55 ops hard mode kills I'm seeing are from UA. Let me know if I missed anyone.

UWA hasn't been into HM S&V yet (or SM S&V on live), so I'm not sure where you're getting that. They may have done a couple bosses in HM TfB, but it didn't seem like they were when I talked to Loggus last night (and they haven't said anything in this thread since 2.0).

In other news, <Aisthesis> is 5/5 SM TfB post-2.0, and 2/5 HM TfB. For the record, SM TfB is still a yawn-fest. HM TfB is really hard to heal, but definitely doable in just Dread Guard gear.

Edited by KeyboardNinja