What I would pay $ for (regarding PvP)

Jaggedblue

Taking a look at the Cartel Market, I can get an idea of what the developers think is important to players (what they think they will pay for). I'd like to give my 2 cents and leave the open question: What would you like to see added/ What do think is and isn't worth paying real $ for?

First off, I am insulted, Bioware, that you are trying so hard to make the F2P so painful. I really think you missed the boat. You gave away the gem of SWTOR, the story.. but you'e giving us less action bars than we have skills at level 25 (in some cases). You should have made Act 1 free, and people would get hooked and pay to see the rest. Now I get the feeling you just want to make my time painful. No thanks. I'll go play World of Tanks where I feel rewarded by my purchase of a premium vehicle. It saves me a lot of grinding.

That brings me to my answer regarding PvP. I would pay for less grinding. Period. I came to Swtor after some 6 odd years of WoW, and I was ready for something not grindy. I am against the vertical gear scaling that is the core of your game model, and I would PAY REAL DOLLARS to skip it. I think lots of people would. Add gear to the shop that maintains the stats of the top level PVP gear and I'd buy it. I think PvP would be more fun if everyone just had the same stats and it was about skill and teamwork. You can make so much money by adding things to the shop people need/want. I have a job, a family. I have a grind. I don't pay to grind in your game. But I'll pay not to have to.

Looking back to World of Tanks, players get other things to 'collect'. There are many badges and achievements, medals that one collects for their skill and accomplishment in battle. I can play more or less without a grind and still have something to work towards or to show for my time. I'm writing this because I really like elements of your PvP (the tanking part) and I'm a Star Wars fan. I really hope things change. If they do I'll spend my money in SWTOR. If they don't, I'll spend it where I can get my grind removed. I don't pay for stupid little pets. The fact that the stupid little pet is on your main log-in ad is so very missed-the-boat imo.

Edited by Jaggedblue

Taking a look at the Cartel Market, I can get an idea of what the developers think is important to players (what they think they will pay for). I'd like to give my 2 cents and leave the open question: What would you like to see added/ What do think is and isn't worth paying real $ for?

First off, I am insulted, Bioware, that you are trying so hard to make the F2P so painful. I really think you missed the boat. You gave away the gem of SWTOR, the story.. but you'e giving us less action bars than we have skills at level 25 (in some cases). You should have made Act 1 free, and people would get hooked and pay to see the rest. Now I get the feeling you just want to make my time painful. No thanks. I'll go play World of Tanks where I feel rewarded by my purchase of a premium vehicle. It saves me a lot of grinding.

That brings me to my answer regarding PvP. I would pay for less grinding. Period. I came to Swtor after some 6 odd years of WoW, and I was ready for something not grindy. I am against the vertical gear scaling that is the core of your game model, and I would PAY REAL DOLLARS to skip it. I think lots of people would. Add gear to the shop that maintains the stats of the top level PVP gear and I'd buy it. I think PvP would be more fun if everyone just had the same stats and it was about skill and teamwork. You can make so much money by adding things to the shop people need/want. I have a job, a family. I have a grind. I don't pay to grind in your game. But I'll pay not to have to.

Looking back to World of Tanks, players get other things to 'collect'. There are many badges and achievements, medals that one collects for their skill and accomplishment in battle. I can play more or less without a grind and still have something to work towards or to show for my time. I'm writing this because I really like elements of your PvP (the tanking part) and I'm a Star Wars fan. I really hope things change. If they do I'll spend my money in SWTOR. If they don't, I'll spend it where I can get my grind removed. I don't pay for stupid little pets. The fact that the stupid little pet is on your main log-in ad is so very missed-the-boat imo.

Then you should go and make your own game. The moment they put the best gear in CShop, or anything that is giving the boost in pvp and pve, is the moment 90% of subs will leave, leaving only people who want to pay to win, which will make servers empty. There are so many pay to win games (read: free). Stop trying to screw SWToR just because of your needs.

You should stop thinking world is spinning around you and your family. If you do not have the time, do not play the game. Every person has 24 hours, not every has the money. Sooner you get this into your brain, the less selfish you become. That brings me to the other question that has nothing to do with the game: Why are you "family people" so freaking selfish and jealous on us who were not bored enough to get married and destroy our lives with stupidity (just like you did)? :p:D

That brings me to the other question that has nothing to do with the game: Why are you "family people" so freaking selfish and jealous on us who were not bored enough to get married and destroy our lives with stupidity (just like you did)?

you lost all validity there and sounded like a 14 year old kid im happy to be married and my life is fine your assumption that we all think we are entitled people and get married cos they are bored is frankly stupid and immature

Edited by TheLordMagnus

That brings me to the other question that has nothing to do with the game: Why are you "family people" so freaking selfish and jealous on us who were not bored enough to get married and destroy our lives with stupidity (just like you did)?

you lost all validity there and sounded like a 14 year old kid im happy to be married and my life is fine your assumption that we all think we are entitled people and get married cos they are bored is frankly stupid and immature

Pfff.:rolleyes: I lost nothing at all and I do not 'sound' because I am typing . Even if you find it childish, that is just fine. Better to be a 14 year old kid, than to find my family, or life, as a grind and transfer my frustration towards the game while trying to make the same game a cure for my problems.

I do not think all of the married people were 'bored' but if one finds his life or family "a grind" then he obviously was bored or...something else. If something is childish then this thread was: blaming on others and pointing out your real life problems to get something or get away with something (some people will understand what this means).

Oh, is that how mature people type?

if they sold sets of WH gear then they need to make it priced twice at how long a moderate( subbed) player would take to get it.

That is, it can take 5+ months to grind it out if you only do your daily. So make it worth 10months of subs. that is make it cost like $150 - $200 to buy an unoptiminzed set of gear.

Edited by Dacer

I agree with what a few others have said here. Implementing that would make this a p2w game. If that happens, I leave.

selling war hero gear is not pay to win. i think you need to realize what that actually means.

i wouldn't want them to do it, but dont fool yourself, it's not pay to win

I came back to the game recently. Across 4 of my characters I grinded out full BM back when it was harder to get than War Hero, have more playtime on 99% of all the people in War Hero, yet I'm still having to re-grind everything even though I've put more time than people who actually have War Hero.

I would love to be able to pay money and get War Hero gear or EQUAL states in the Cartel market. That's not anything close to Pay2Win, it's Pay2BeEqual.

I would love to be able to pay money and get War Hero gear or EQUAL states in the Cartel market. That's not anything close to Pay2Win, it's Pay2BeEqual.

Pay to be equal with far less time put into PvP. Nothing wrong with this in my opinion. In fact those of us who have put in the time should be in favor of this. Full WH gear without the play time just gives me a target with lots of gear, not a lot of skill and with an ego (I have the best PvP gear in the game! I'm unstoppable!) which means more kills, more wins, and shorter q-times.

What I would pay for:

Even games. Just to start the game with 8 people on each side.

CC breaker stims. Yep. Make them something like $5/each and they break CC and make you immune for 10 seconds. I'd buy 100 of them day 1 and use them for my dailies. Although with all the stuns and stupid crap that would probably last me about 2 days.

Decent looking PvP gear.

The ability to pick what WZ I go to. I don't care for certain WZs. I know other people have their favorites and least favorites.

All I can think of at this point.

Then you should go and make your own game. The moment they put the best gear in CShop, or anything that is giving the boost in pvp and pve, is the moment 90% of subs will leave, leaving only people who want to pay to win, which will make servers empty. There are so many pay to win games (read: free). Stop trying to screw SWToR just because of your needs.

You should stop thinking world is spinning around you and your family. If you do not have the time, do not play the game. Every person has 24 hours, not every has the money. Sooner you get this into your brain, the less selfish you become. That brings me to the other question that has nothing to do with the game: Why are you "family people" so freaking selfish and jealous on us who were not bored enough to get married and destroy our lives with stupidity (just like you did)? :p:D

If we all got 24 hours but you don't have enough money. Then stop mooching off mom and dad and get a job.

what bothers me about the system is that it takes advantage of subscribers. ok. sure. as a subscriber from day one, i started with over 2k cartel cash. I grabbed an armor then as many packs as I could. why? cuz a +41 power/crit/end/exp crystal on a level 10 toon is INSANELY ADVANTAGEOUS. when I didn't get one, I said "aw shucks." then I talked to a guildy who subs, and he has already dropped $40 on cartel coins to get all the goodies. I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry. **** THAT! if you wanna make it so that F2Pers have to pay to be competitive, then hey...motivation to sub. I find it insulting that I'm throwing down all this $$$ in sub fees, and I still need to pay to be competitive. (yes, this particular case only applies to a lowbie). at least with the legacy unlocks, it was POSSIBLE to grind out the credits to pay for in game. now...it's just pure money grab. yes, it saddens me.

P2W is not actually a bad idea, if that was the ground rules set forth from the start so you could actually choose which route you wanted to go. They could have easily put a puchase cap in P2W items so you couldn't instagib everyone, but alas, they didn't design it to be that way.

Should we change it now?

The short answer is no...

The long answer is that you alienate a significant portion of most dedicated players, who also happen to keep populations "healthy"... Changing it now is NGE type stuff....

There also should be "loose" mods/enh/arm at every gear level. They should be premium priced, and use all forms of in-game currency, EXCEPT for cartel coins. That way you could avoid any alienation of "hardcores", but give additional avenues to gear for PvP.

The ability to buy PvP pieces with Daily Comms/BH Comms/COL Comms, would give multiple avenues to get loose pieces. It take 700 WZ comms to buy a BM Impants. Make it take an "equivelant" amount of daily comms (RAK is 120, make BM 360 daily comms).

Implementing that would make this a p2w game.

What the OP proposed is not P2W. Pay 2 Win is purchasing items through the store which cannot be obtained through normal gameplay that give players an unfair advantage over other players.

The gear grind, as it stands, is a perfect example of something that could be alleviated by the F2P store within reason. I'm not necessarily advocating this, but it certainly is not P2W.

I have full min/max WH gear on two Mains (Imp & Pub). I'm not going to do it again on a third toon. Even if there was an option to purchase this gear in the store, I would not buy it for my alts. The grind is not something I consider difficult, but in the spirit of good fights in PvP, I like the idea of there being additional avenues to even the playing field for all players.

I would prefer to have good endgame fights in PvP than an endgame grind, and since grind is equivalent to time, I do not object at all to the idea that someone could pay to ease that grind via the store.

CC breaker stims.

This is an absolutely fantastic idea. Would love to see this type of item available via Crafting with an option to purchase in the store. Since there is already a craftable form of CC (grenades), there should be a craftable form of anti-CC. In fact, I would prefer to see the introduction of this type of item, rather than a nerf to the Cybertech Crew Skill which creates grenades.

Great idea.

The ability to buy PvP pieces with Daily Comms/BH Comms/COL Comms, would give multiple avenues to get loose pieces. It take 700 WZ comms to buy a BM Impants. Make it take an "equivelant" amount of daily comms (RAK is 120, make BM 360 daily comms).

I would be in agreement with this only if the converse was true...that I could use WZ/RWZ Comms to obtain PvE gear. Sorry but that PvE gear is relevant for min/maxing in PvP too, not just for Ops content progression. Since BW has been very adamant about keeping the two separated PvE/PvP, I doubt this would happen. But you never know.

what bothers me about the system is that it takes advantage of subscribers. ok. sure. as a subscriber from day one, i started with over 2k cartel cash. I grabbed an armor then as many packs as I could. why? cuz a +41 power/crit/end/exp crystal on a level 10 toon is INSANELY ADVANTAGEOUS. when I didn't get one, I said "aw shucks." then I talked to a guildy who subs, and he has already dropped $40 on cartel coins to get all the goodies. I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry. **** THAT! if you wanna make it so that F2Pers have to pay to be competitive, then hey...motivation to sub. I find it insulting that I'm throwing down all this $$$ in sub fees, and I still need to pay to be competitive. (yes, this particular case only applies to a lowbie). at least with the legacy unlocks, it was POSSIBLE to grind out the credits to pay for in game. now...it's just pure money grab. yes, it saddens me.

...I Know you are serious And thats whats just so hard to believe.

You are worried about being competitive while lvling? Also there is very little advantage you get from having these color crystals - for one there is still a bolster buff for sub 50 warzones.

I came back to the game recently. Across 4 of my characters I grinded out full BM back when it was harder to get than War Hero, have more playtime on 99% of all the people in War Hero, yet I'm still having to re-grind everything even though I've put more time than people who actually have War Hero.

Well guess what - 1000s of us grinded out BM from Bags. I had 30+ bags in a row with no drop on month.

And you know what I did after that - I did the grind for Warhero.

The gear is earned.

Ppl are not entitled to have top tier gear.