Proactive solution to APAC pop issue.

Sildanar

Alot of BOSS have rolled alts on Harbinger...i'm pretty close to doing the same. It's the most populated server so the chance of experiencing what's going on now is slight. And the worse that can happen is the mains get transfered later..... such is the state of Master D today that we had to organize all the sub 50s to queue their mains ..then we got a 50 pop..then went back to our subs. So we are reduced to actually organzing NORMAL warzones just to get a game.

Harbinger seems the best inspite of it being PvE, f2p will not save Master D...a merge will then only stave off the inevitable...the APAC servers will go...only a matter of time. :(

Just found out a lot of people from BOSS have rolled alts on The Harbringer to play during non peak times... I was just on there before 7pm our time and there was still a second Fleet Instance up... unbelievable compared to our 30 on fleet!!!

I have been opposed to rerolling but insta cue pops (well close too ) and a VARIETY of people to play with and against is too much of a good thing to pass up on... Seriously thinking about shifting my ficus to playing on the Harbringer during NON PEAK and Master D during PEAK... UNTIL THEY FIX THIS SILLY SERVER! (lol sorry about CAPS but needed to make my point clear xD)

Also GRIZZY tells me the name <BOSS> is a hit with the Yanks lol... would be nice to see some Aussie "refugee" themed guild names tho

Im still going to campaign hard for a server merger for us.... F2P will be the Death of Master D... F2P doesnt offer anything much for end game players and ppl arent going to fork out money to play on a dead server.

<3 Chippy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok i am overseas and what disturbs me is that bio where on the phone told me to try and hang on untill it becomes free to play as alot more of the asian comunity will join and the server pop should be corrected but i am in thailand and if i log into a us west server my ping is 225 and when i log in to any of the ocieana serveres it is between 186 and 365 so better and worse but never good enougth for some1 to chose a dying/dead server over 1 with a population.

The outher thing is bio where told me to keep writing ticketes and post on forums 2 posts where deleated by them and after sending the second in game ticket to ask for some sort of answer to the inabilety to play due to shift work on our dead server i was told that since i had alredy sent in a ticket on this and they had ansewered it (by the way the ansewer ws we do not have an answer at this time) the second reply was we will ban you if you send more tickets in as it clogs the people with reall issues so i have to ask is our server pop not an issue ? and since your telephone staff told me to contact you why did you threaten to ban me for asking a civiall qwestion ?if this is customer support i am misterfied can some one plese enlighten me to what i did to deserve this treatment if i did not actually love this game i would have alredy unsubed but since i actually do like it i have no itenshen of unsubing but i do want something done so that the game is abel to be played and not wait all day or night for a group i hardley think that is to much to ask from an mmo.

Hi guys just letting you know I'm keeping an eye on this and a few other threads. I'm from Gav Daragon, and can confirm that a sizeable chunk of our players have gone to Dalborra. Unfortunately on holiday so I can't give a current assessment and status report for another week. I can say that the republic guilds on Hav are, for the most part actively talking to each other so if you see our server forum relatively quiet, that would be why.

Keep talking - communication's always good.

Hi guys just letting you know I'm keeping an eye on this and a few other threads. I'm from Gav Daragon, and can confirm that a sizeable chunk of our players have gone to Dalborra. Unfortunately on holiday so I can't give a current assessment and status report for another week. I can say that the republic guilds on Hav are, for the most part actively talking to each other so if you see our server forum relatively quiet, that would be why.

Keep talking - communication's always good.

Have they re-rolled characters or were they able to sweet talk themselves into a transfer?

It really is a shame that a situation such as this has been forced upon ourselves to rectify. I am so keen to make an alt on The Harbinger. There is 50+ on the starter planets FFS....but starting over nearly a year later is killing me man

Bioware (the community team mostly) should be ashamed of themselves for the lack of communication on this issue and letting it get to this point. Your job title indicates to me that your responsibility is towards the Community, how about a little update on this? anything? something?

Cross-post from Chippy's thread.

"Me and my fellow Reps (Tinkle, Growing-rage, Ciraf, Mosus, Papaheals and others) have moved to The Bastion. I know it sucks but we really no choice. We are on the Imp side and we have created our guild <Empire from Down Under>. So if you want to roll an alt and join us, pm Mosus's alt "Butter-knife" for an invite. : )"

From Y'vaine

Cross-post from Chippy's thread.

"Me and my fellow Reps (Tinkle, Growing-rage, Ciraf, Mosus, Papaheals and others) have moved to The Bastion. I know it sucks but we really no choice. We are on the Imp side and we have created our guild <Empire from Down Under>. So if you want to roll an alt and join us, pm Mosus's alt "Butter-knife" for an invite. : )"

From Y'vaine

Or you can do a /who down under and pm anyone who's online at the time, all members have invite privileges to make it easier to join the rest of the community who've rolled there.

Or you can do a /who down under and pm anyone who's online at the time, all members have invite privileges to make it easier to join the rest of the community who've rolled there.

Sounds good you have set something up on the Bastion but a lot of us have gone to The Harbringer... its bliss... 3 full fleet instances and the longest we have waited for grouped pvp was only 2 minutes and we were raging about it!!! :D

Sounds good you have set something up on the Bastion but a lot of us have gone to The Harbringer... its bliss... 3 full fleet instances and the longest we have waited for grouped pvp was only 2 minutes and we were raging about it!!! :D

:eek:2 mins is way to much time to wait!!

Edited by Spinikar

Why'd you all roll IMP when there's typically a large imp/pub imbalance in IMPS favour?

People had already been rolling over on that server, we went to join them initially before this was even a suggested idea.

I do have a low lvl pub toon that I'd also be willing to play. I'm not stressing about getting to 50, just want some pvp. =]

Edited by Antiskeptic

If Aussie WoW and Guild Wars 2 players can deal with the American lag, then I can too.

Indeed F U Bioware. But also F U to much of the Australian gamer population who called Swtor 'Tortanic' and slandered it without even playing it themselves, they sealed the fate of the APAC servers long before GW2 and Pandoria.

If Aussie WoW and Guild Wars 2 players can deal with the American lag, then I can too.

Indeed F U Bioware. But also F U to much of the Australian gamer population who called Swtor 'Tortanic' and slandered it without even playing it themselves, they sealed the fate of the APAC servers long before GW2 and Pandoria.

I agree with your take on the Aussie gamer population, this game is way better than its given credit for.

Shame really that more people would rather slag it off than give it a real go..

The game itself is almost everything I wanted it to be...it is excellent. I just want more people to play with....oh and eventually 'Alterac Valley' type wzs ... especially if world PvP never gets fixed.

It's amazing to me this statement. pretty much exactly how I feel, but there is soo much hate out there for this game that I was wondering if I was alone in my feelings on it..

Cheers Nerdrage, you just made my day :)

It's amazing to me this statement. pretty much exactly how I feel, but there is soo much hate out there for this game that I was wondering if I was alone in my feelings on it..

Cheers Nerdrage, you just made my day :)

Narh I felt the same way. A lot of the original Midians' that have left felt the same too... no issue with the game itself, just the incestuous nature of our server nowadays. It's ironic but if we had more players, we'd get more players (if that makes sense) as a lot more would re-sub or come back from US servers.

Edited by ausmisc

Narh I felt the same way. A lot of the original Midians' that have left felt the same too... no issue with the game itself, just the incestuous nature of our server nowadays. It's ironic but if we had more players, we'd get more players (if that makes sense) as a lot more would re-sub or come back from US servers.

Indeed. I logged in several times today i.e. Saturday, at various times during the day, starting at 10 AM. Last login was at 9.45 PM, and I simply couldn't be bothered to stay logged in. There were hardly any players on the fleet, and at any given login time, there was no more than one warzone in progress.

This game would truly be a fantastic refuge from real life, if only we had more population. I want a transfer or a merger., but most importantly, I want a *********** answer Bioware.

Edited by randalthorr

Agree with the latter part but as to latency, BW's net code is far more bandwidth intensive, and thus high pings really hurt the game play experience in environments with 16 or more characters (i.e. pvp).

Not interested in re-rolling, and if BW do give us the short straw again they'll be quick to offer a solution I feel.

Agree with the latter part but as to latency, BW's net code is far more bandwidth intensive, and thus high pings really hurt the game play experience in environments with 16 or more characters (i.e. pvp).

Not interested in re-rolling, and if BW do give us the short straw again they'll be quick to offer a solution I feel.

Cheers mate for the details about BW's net code, very interesting and useful info :)

Just an update on my experiences and some thoughts.

I have a high level toon on Dalborra called amazingly enough SIlber :rolleyes:

Level 45 scoundrel which was my original scoundrel before rerolling to Oceanic, and also a 21 sage called Citrina so for the time being Im set for alts on Dalborra. Shame but I dont like my Original legacy name Ravenlord but Im stuck with it on Dalborra it seems.

Regarding The Bastion, I rolled a jedi Guardian and he is now lvl 14 called Loredai.

To compare these with Master D is interesting. My focus is on Prime time Oceanic, its a non argument to say Yank servers have better pops in our off peek times. Oceanic prime time is all I realy care about for my mains.

Dalborra PVE Oceanic:

Pvp on Dalborra pops pretty frequently and while the standard of players is not very good, most seem friendly and reasonable. Dalborra Rep fleet is more populated than Master D fleet and there are more 50's on. Usually in Operations etc.

Ping is obviously the same.

The Bastion West Coast PVP:

Damn what an abomination that place is. Some of the worst lowbie pvp players I have ever seen in my entire life. A sad bunch of knuckle dragging, drooling air thieves.

Fleet seems about the same as Master D and the planets are similar with a slight improvement for The Bastion.

At the time the data was taken we had more 50's by a good way.

See my data on page three of this thread.

Speaking for myself I see little point in going to The Bastion for about the same pop (during our prime time) on fleet but less 50's, with very poor pvp playing standard (in the sub 50 bracket) and crap ping.

Anyone with some data or experience from the Harbinger is welcome to share.

In short, for the time being I will be staying on Master D.

Im gritting my teeth and leveling some alts, trying out some PVE and basically filling in the time till F2P.

My back up plan is Dalborra if Master D totally implodes.

My back up back up plan is West Coast probably Harbinger (but I will have to check that before going) as an absolute last resort.

Daftvahduh's info is interesting about BW's net code and it has made me refocus on the Oceanic's once again.

Bioware is obviously aware of that, hence the Oceanic servers in the first place.

Cheers

ps: These are my thoughts and experiences based of the data I collected and my play time, your mileage may vary.

Edited by Sildanar

I very rarely log onto any of my toons. I have several reason why I very rarely play. One of the reasons why is because of the Oceanic server dwindling populations. I like the low Latency that our servers offer us. That is one of the reasons I transfered to Dalborra.

I am hoping that F2P will help increase our servers population. But frankly I am not holding my breath. It would be nice if BW made a Decision to merge the 3 Oceanic Servers. I do find it discouraging to log in and see next to no one on the fleet, and any other planent for that matter.

I very rarely log onto any of my toons. I have several reason why I very rarely play. One of the reasons why is because of the Oceanic server dwindling populations. I like the low Latency that our servers offer us. That is one of the reasons I transfered to Dalborra.

I am hoping that F2P will help increase our servers population. But frankly I am not holding my breath. It would be nice if BW made a Decision to merge the 3 Oceanic Servers. I do find it discouraging to log in and see next to no one on the fleet, and any other planent for that matter.

Yeah, the only reason why I keep playing is because of my guild. If I was a solo player, I would have left ages ago, like a lot have. LFG is a complete waste of time, but thankfully, my guild is very active and we run a lot of flashpoints together.

What are you waiting for Bioware? The community won't bite you head of if you just tell us your waiting for F2P (granted some idiots will, but they are a minority that Don't represent the whole community) We would just appreciate something. If you say your waiting to asses the situation after F2P, Tell us so we know we are waiting. I'm sure a lot in the community would be happy to wait.

We love this game, We want the best for the Game, We want to help provide practical solutions to our server pop issues, We have waited patiently for you, Why won't you respond?

Thats kinda poor form IMO, you say you wont come onto Dalborra coz of low pop but your not really helping the matter by not logging in.

Thats kinda poor form IMO, you say you wont come onto Dalborra coz of low pop but your not really helping the matter by not logging in.

That's half the problem I think, people with this attitude, imagine all the people whom 'would come back if there was a higher pop' actually came back. How much would the pop increase by across all our servers.