[PETITION] Please Buff Rewards Gained From Warzones! Stop Punishing Your PvP'ers!

MrJurgens

....if you only pvp the coms you suggest using for selling to make a profit are precious, good pvpers USE this medpacks and adrenals to be competive with the others that use them lol....we buy gear with them...level 20, 40, and 55 sets....

we are not asking for 100k per wz or anything crazy but we can all agree for 15 mins in a losing huttball 6k credits is a joke

I would love to see as you and many others have pointed out, we need more goal oriented quests to allow more income...even world pvp quests like the gree event..if i earned coms for questing id be more inclined.

*roll eyes* Once more, the suggestion of selling medpacks was in argument to what another said about there's "Nothing to Gain" from pvp.

That being said, I had -so- many comms before being able to save for ranked comms, I did end up selling medpaks I didn't need. I had -stacks- and stacks of warzone medpaks.

go back to pve

This is not a conversation winner. I'd love to see -more- pvp content and -more pvp rewards- to come with that. I can still be opposed to children blindly crying for more stuff cause they can't be bothered to run solo dailies for 15-30 minutes while waiting in their queue.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had -so- many comms before being able to save for ranked comms, I did end up selling medpaks I didn't need. I had -stacks- and stacks of warzone medpaks.

Then you dont pvp like the rest of us pvpers...i use mine and if i have extra...see the big picture...once you hit 55 if your a pvper it will be time to buy gear...holding on to any extra medpax means you can focus on getting gear and not spending coms on more medpacks...but i pvp and use mine atleast one per death...thats a medpack and adrenal per death...if your not using them your hurting your team because the next guy is....not you...but the good players are

kthx

go back to pve where you belong and quit trolling

Amazing when you can tell someone isn't actually reading and has little to actually add.

A failed HM can still take multiple wz lengths to complete. As I run with a guild, I can't say failing them is a common occurrence. However, should someone fail to contribute to an HM, no one gets anything. If someone doesn't help in a Wz, they still receive some token of rewards.

How do you manage to fail a HM FP? Honestly...HOW?! And what bunk...a FP takes 15-20min...guess how long a Huttball match lasts? And if you, as you claim, don't get ANYTHING in a FP, that would imply you haven't even beaten the trash mobs that drop resources...wouldn't you know like pretty quickly into your FP that your group was bad?

And...little to add? I didn't start the thread...I'm just here to support the idea and the OP, not win a trial. PvP does get shafted very badly in this respect - your made up ideas of ways to make money are laughable. And your reasoning that PvEers may fail too is just silly. Progression Ops groups lose money. People running their daily missions for coins and coms don't.

Then you dont pvp like the rest of us pvpers...i use mine and if i have extra...see the big picture...once you hit 55 if your a pvper it will be time to buy gear...holding on to any extra medpax means you can focus on getting gear and not spending coms on more medpacks...but i pvp and use mine atleast one per death...thats a medpack and adrenal per death...if your not using them your hurting your team because the next guy is....not you...but the good players are

kthx

go back to pve where you belong and quit trolling

<.< Um... how about I don't die often, and when I hit max level on my toon, I send medpacks from my lowbie alts?

Shocking concept, but you actually sound like you kinda suck.

<.< Um... how about I don't die often, and when I hit max level on my toon, I send medpacks from my lowbie alts?

Shocking concept, but you actually sound like you kinda suck.

yea...im not the one wiping to computer simulants with pre-scripted preformance, learn the dance and you win

and you said you sell your medpacks...and wait you send them to your max level toons.......get your story straight...u sell them because your not a pvper, you only use pvp to get your daily and then go pve...

go back to pve...quit trolling the pvp forums

Edit: Come to Bastion...ill duel you on any toon Domenico lv55 Sent, Demolition-man lv55-Operative, Megadark Lv46 Sorc, Ginyu-force lv38 Shadow...Crit and Giggles is my guild...calling you out...I suck...you'll get smashed...im that confident...ill be online tonight at 10pm west coast time

Edited by Megachronic

Futhermore, servers in other regions would make my latency spike in PvP. It would hurt me even more, so I'd rather stay on the server in my region/timezone.

MrJurgens

All servers are located in California... won't really matter.

/Signed

Edited by TheDarkGhost

How do you manage to fail a HM FP? Honestly...HOW?! And what bunk...a FP takes 15-20min...guess how long a Huttball match lasts? And if you, as you claim, don't get ANYTHING in a FP, that would imply you haven't even beaten the trash mobs that drop resources...wouldn't you know like pretty quickly into your FP that your group was bad?

And...little to add? I didn't start the thread...I'm just here to support the idea and the OP, not win a trial. PvP does get shafted very badly in this respect - your made up ideas of ways to make money are laughable. And your reasoning that PvEers may fail too is just silly. Progression Ops groups lose money. People running their daily missions for coins and coms don't.

1. I didn't say I did, but I'd imagine those whom use group finder often hit the same terribads that infest warzones.

2. If the group wipes multiple times on a boss before (eventually) disbanding, then all the credits/drops are negated by repair cost/upkeep fees.

3. You replied to my posts about why I didn't support this, engaged in an argument, and spouted nonsense about PvP has no gains. So you seem to want to add -something- to the discussion, but afterwards had little to add that was nonsense.

4. I never said you should sell your medpaks. I said you -could sell them.- Get that straight. For lack of any other gain pvp has to offer, you can down right sell those little consumables (some you get free in lowbie dailies!).

When you can follow the points being discussed and understand what's being said, I will reply to you.

yea...im not the one wiping to computer simulants with pre-scripted preformance, learn the dance and you win

and you said you sell your medpacks...and wait you send them to your max level toons.......get your story straight...u sell them because your not a pvper, you only use pvp to get your daily and then go pve...

go back to pve...quit trolling the pvp forums

If it isn't so "hard" then you don't do PvE because...? Oh right, you apparently don't have the attention span to grind some mobs. *rolls eyes.*

Again, you fail to read what's being written. I -have- sold medpaks when I don't need them. That doesn't equal I sell all my medpaks. It means that for me, it is -easy- to get them. Sometimes, when my max levels need them, I send it to them. Since I don't often die, I don't use them and don't need many.

If you actually thought you had an argument against me, you'd have something other to say then a lame attempt to insult the "PvE'er" in me and tell me to get out. But... you don't, do you? You know in your heart someone speaks sense, that 15-30 minutes of -solo- planetary dailies while you're waiting in queue just makes... sense, doesn't it.

Come to Bastion...ill duel you on any toon Domenico lv55 Sent, Demolition-man lv55-Operative, Megadark Lv46 Sorc, Ginyu-force lv38 Shadow...Crit and Giggles is my guild...calling you out...I suck...you'll get smashed...im that confident...ill be online tonight at 10pm west coast time

Right... Lemme reroll on the Bastion, get to atleast 38 by 10pm with semi-decent gear. You sent me a challenge you know I couldn't meet, and you, being the great "PvP'er" that you are know full and well dueling has little to do with being good on the field.

It's good to know I managed to get um.... Mr. Ginyu-force is it? ...Just butt hurt enough to posture macho-ly.

Now then, anyone else ready to have conversation about why they think PvP rewards should just be buffed? Cause if not, I'd love to see some constructive ideas on maybe some new PvP content that could have some decent rewards tacked on.

If it isn't so "hard" then you don't do PvE because...? Oh right, you apparently don't have the attention span to grind some mobs. *rolls eyes.*

Again, you fail to read what's being written. I -have- sold medpaks when I don't need them. That doesn't equal I sell all my medpaks. It means that for me, it is -easy- to get them. Sometimes, when my max levels need them, I send it to them. Since I don't often die, I don't use them and don't need many.

If you actually thought you had an argument against me, you'd have something other to say then a lame attempt to insult the "PvE'er" in me and tell me to get out. But... you don't, do you? You know in your heart someone speaks sense, that 15-30 minutes of -solo- planetary dailies while you're waiting in queue just makes... sense, doesn't it.

Right... Lemme reroll on the Bastion, get to atleast 38 by 10pm with semi-decent gear. You sent me a challenge you know I couldn't meet, and you, being the great "PvP'er" that you are know full and well dueling has little to do with being good on the field.

It's good to know I managed to get um.... Mr. Ginyu-force is it? ...Just butt hurt enough to posture macho-ly.

Now then, anyone else ready to have conversation about why they think PvP rewards should just be buffed? Cause if not, I'd love to see some constructive ideas on maybe some new PvP content that could have some decent rewards tacked on.

Please pve is simple, I used to raid Hardcore in WoW, i still have two level 85s geared in heroic drops, Megaforge & MegatrØn(greymane server)i switched to star wars because i love the theme of the game, back then i had mad time to raid, now Im salary....work 50-60 hours per week so being more than a bench player in a raiding (ops) guild is just not possible with a rotating schedule.

Name a toon and server and i will roll one there just to kill your teribadness!

My arguments for the increase in credits and/or more goal oriented dailies or world questing with pvp incentive were clearly stated before.

you have flung insults at everyone that has replied to you

i have clearly named myself and have no problem backing up my skills

cant say the same for you

the pvp ques on my server are quite quick and i roll with my guild if i can so im not going to say hey wait to que till im done with this quest lawl...most times i get out of a WZ and have an instant que, ill admit when we do ranked i have time to do dailies between, but i cant get the heroics done which give the big rewards without leaving

oh and saying selling items earned from coms...if you had to do that with your elite/ultimate coms...pve community would be up in arms and rightly so, i could say the same, go buy isotopes and boe 53s, sell em lawl

look, you can make 60-80k creds in 20 minutes in the black hole. in 2 warzones (20-30min total time) you can make 12k.

we arent asking for warzones to give out obscene amounts of credits. but the credits per time invested for PvP is utter crap compared to PvE. and obviously there is the fact that PvP has no risk of incurring repair costs, which is why there should not be 1:1 parity between the two. however, PvP needs to be a lot closer to PvE than it is now

Have you considered MMO's might not be right for you? I'm reminded of a review/article of Dead Space 3 (I think) and Xbox market place allowing Downloads that let you skip the "boring" levels. It said "If you find major parts of the game -so- boring you'd pay to skip them, either you're playing the wrong game or the game is just poorly designed."

Having quit a few times myself, I'm willing to also believe the latter part.

I love MMOs. I love the social aspects and that "Massively" feel I get out of multiplayer. The multiplayer part of games is what makes me love gaming. I love those play styles that revolve around multiplayer—PvP, First-Person Shooters, Real-Time Strategy, etc. So I'm here for the PvP and social aspects, while PvE/crafting is something I could care less about.

Additionally, endgame is where the game really begins for me. The journey is usually something I just like to faceroll as fast as possible.

And to be honest, if BW offered a consumable to get your character to 55, I wouldn't mind buying it. I can steamroll through the Story, avoid PvE pretty much altogether, and just head into PvP at endgame. The only thing stopping me from that, is that I would miss out on all the PvP at lowbie levels and that whole lowbie PvP experience. So even though I wouldn't mind buying this consumable, I don't think I'd ever buy it; maybe just one, to see if it's a bad thing to really do, which it probably would be.

Please excuse me, I was using a figurative number. Considering the amount of things considered part of the PvE "package" it would seem PvP is less than 33% of the game. (compare 4 maps and a few sets of gear to a dozen flashpoints, several operations, 4-5 planets of dailies, three dozen or so space missions, a dozen or so planets and the 8 different storylines). Oddly enough, doesn't that make it's reward percentage rather fitting?

Though let's not forget, the rewards of PvP aren't just measured in credits, but also comms (ie. a pvp specific currency to buy gear, consumables, and last I checked even PvP lock boxes with crafting mats inside).

Please see the above reply for a comparison of approximate "PvE" to "PvP" content.

The reward percentage PvP'ers get is anything but fitting. It's completely absurd, and comparing how much PvP has to PvE, PvE has it good. But let's not forget the Cartel Market! Now that's EA/BW's baby! PvE is overshadowed by the CM, but PvP? Pshhh! It's the red-headed stepchild of the devs. Even going beyond the rewards gained from PvP, PvP should be getting more content for the gamers that are here for the PvP experience, yet we just keep getting shafted over and over again.

The comms we receive are important to PvP'ers. The consumables and gear that's provided by our vendors is to maximize our performance in PvP as much as possible. The "smart" and skilled PvP'ers would know that using the comms for min/maxing and buying adrenals and medpacks are both necessary to be as competitive in PvP as possible. We want to be an asset to our team as much as possible to emerge victorious at the end of the Warzone.

I'm really not sure what those crafting mats provide, bu they're probably useless. I bought a few WZ lockboxes to see how much credits we can get from them. It's somewhere around 1–1.5k credits. Not much of a difference, if you ask me, and certainly not worth wasting your comms on. :rolleyes:

Your comparison of approximate PvE to PvP content just shows how badly BW is treating the PvP'ers, and it just really needs to stop. I don't find it very appropriate for us to receive minuscule rewards just because the amount of content we have is inferior to PvE—and that justification is just beyond me.

Alting is a universal part of the game. However, my reply came in turn to someone else trying to throw their number of 'alts" around and pretend it meant they knew more. I personally don't feel the number of alts, number of wins, number of kills, number of flashpoints, number of friends, or number of hot dogs you can eat has any impact on whether or not someone has more right/privilege to weigh in on a public forum.

I see, but Megachronic didn't look like he knew more than you. He just overall disagrees with your way of thinking about this, just like I do.

I agree with your last statement.

/carry_on :cool:

I think it would be better said as "MMO's have become like a buffet." They originally didn't have this content type split, nor the "PvE'ers vs. PvP'ers" theme.

On to the next bit, I love the term "Play style." It always makes me laugh, especially since I often see it used as justification for wanting things like a "solo queue" cause "Casual PvP'er" is just as acceptable as a play style as "Premaders" or "Hardcore PvP'ers."

Before you believe I'm calling you a casual, I'm not. However, there's really only one "serious" playstyle, and that is

"Playing to Win." Someone who plays to win will do whatever they need to do so. Be it stand in a corner and use an endless energy loop (Street Fighter) or utilizing all the content available to help them progress (MMO).

I don't mind premades. I'll be honest, they do piss me off a lot but they give me a challenge and can make PvP more interesting. I remember multiple occurrences where my PuG team beat premades of high-class competitive PvP guilds. It feels very rewarding at the end to know that we kicked their butts! :)

No one should have to use "all the content available" to help them progress. An MMO consists of many different play styles, and in this type of MMO where pretty much all of them are available, I would like for the rewards yielded at the end of Warzones to not be laughable. I'd love to see it go faster and not go so bloody slow it feels like it'll take an eternity to get to my goal (endgame), and I refuse to PvE to get to endgame because it makes my eyes bleed.

I don't find scripted fights fun, but Operations do kind of offer a twist. I only do them once or twice every couple of months, though.

I agree, Dev's need to focus on more for PvP. New maps, new game types, Open World areas, (dare I say?) Arena's maybe, at least 4 vs 4 ranked, proper matchmaking, more dailies/opportunity for rewards based on new content.

Simply upping the rewards for warzones isn't the answer though as face it, the barrier for entry into PvP matches is low, at least some rewards are guaranteed, and the upkeep cost is next to negligent.

Well right now PvP'ers still have little content to live on, so upping the rewards would show that EA/BW cares—and everyone knows they pretty much don't. :rolleyes:

Besides, it seems like the majority have spoken. More and more PvP'ers are in favor of increasing the rewards with the content we only live by. Problem? :p

As for the upkeep cost of PvP, it's nowhere near negligent if you plan on getting serious and competitive. Saving comms and 2nd tier comms (RWZ comms) for gear progression, medpacs and adrenals.

Yes, starting Flashpoints/Operations can be very similar to a PvP match (though almost at least double in time length), and if you are using group finder you have a wait just like a PvP match. The Fundmental difference between them is a PvP match has a minimum reward and can always be a -profit- while Ops/Fps can yield negative results.

Also, your pay out for Ops only come if you -can- complete the operation/fps. Unless something has changed, you can essentially fail your way through a PvP daily.

Operations are much more lengthy than Warzones, I'll give you that, but I can't count the amount of times I have run FPs that I skipped like 90%+ of it and completed it in the amount of time of a Warzone or less. The only time FPs apply is if you don't have someone that spacebars, doesn't want to skip mobs and fights, do the bonus missions, etc., and I find that to be of a rare occurrence, unless you're running Story-level FPs.

Yes, Ops/FPs can yield negative results, but so can Warzones. Although it happens rarely, you can be put on the losing team that more than half rage quits and the WZ ends in 30–45 seconds—or later on, but if you're on the losing team you still get laughable rewards. Additionally, running Ops/FPs and failing at them usually pays for itself because you earn so many rewards doing it.

Least you're trying to recognize some of the downies of Warzones, but it's worse than how you're making it out to be.

<.< Common sense shows Ops are more labor than a PvP match (or several). Ops ("highest tier" of PvE) require as many people as a PvP team, need a specific combination of roles to even have a chance of completing, take longer than a PvP match, and require an -actual- success to be rewarding.

Ranked Warzones also requires 8 people to be on at the same time (before you cry, I know there are 16-man Ops!).

Ranked Warzones also (sometimes, but mostly) need a specific combination of roles to have a chance of winning.

Ranked Warzones require (not really "required", but highly recommended) the highest tier of PvP gear (preferably min/maxed) because you'll be fighting other teams who most likely have min/maxed, high-level PvP gear, and who are extremely skilled.

(I'm don't have an avid knowledge of Ranked Warzones, but if anyone wants to add/correct anything here then they're free to do so.)

Also, please stop trying to add Operations and Crafting as being "One and the Same." Not all Raider's craft, not all Crafter's raids. Not all Raider's merchant (the act of playing the market), not all Merchants craft, and even not all Crafter's merchant either.

This is true, but I usually find many of these tend to overlap, and I hear these guys making millions a week. :rolleyes:

In -my- loose comparison, I compared what the poster before me compared, which was Operation/Raiding to PvP. No where was crafting, merchanting, or even planetary dailies, compared.

I'm also including crafting/marketing in my arguments because it's in the OP, and I find PvE and crafting to cross each other a lot, lot more than PvP does with crafting.

Just cause something's getting old doesn't make it less true "Dude."

No comment.

Someone missed the point. I commented on the person's objectivity, as they stated they had only read "PvP" and "More Rewards for PvP" and said yes. It's thoughtless and greedy to automatically vote more for something you like without considering costs, time commitment, effort needed, risks, and rewards accordingly. The mention of space missions was an example. I could have said "Old People" and "Tax Cuts for Old People" and it would appear his/her answer would still hinge upon whether or not he/she is one of the people getting the tax cut.

It's not thoughtless and greedy. The majority have spoken and we know PvP'ers are getting shafted in many ways. The amount of rewards is one of them, and all we want is a buff that's just not laughable.

There is still nothing stopping him from non-stop PvP to endgame in a decent amount of time. Someone solely doing Planet/Storyline missions is gonna take as long. Someone solely doing FP's is going to take as long, Someone only doing space missions going to take probably longer.

<.< but that one peep (me!) who does PvP dailies, FP dailies, Story Missions, Heroic Dailies, and Space dailies... ^_^ that's another story, cause I'm using multiple pieces of the game.

Non-stop PvP to endgame is the slowest leveling in the game. Doing planet and story missions is one of the fastest ways to get to endgame. I've heard space missions is the other style of play that offers the fastest experience gain. Just doing Flashpoint... hmmm... I've never heard of anyone doing solely just FPs, but it's most likely slower than planet questing and space missions, but still way faster than PvP.

And that's the thing. We shouldn't have to do multiple/all pieces of the game, or just PvE (which is the fastest) to get to endgame as a good rate. Leveling solely via PvP gets very excruciating at around near-mid levels, and it's not fun for someone who wants to get to endgame pretty quickly—and the reason why someone would want to get to endgame asap is because that's where the game really beings.

My exp bar moved from about 10% to about 25%. <.< I was 7-9 levels over the mobs and skipping everything but the story line to get my ship and my companion. >.> I'd easily have made that 15% in 2-3 warzones at my level. Your point?

Leveling is very fast at lowbie levels. But 2–3 Warzones, c'mon? What were you, level 10? :rolleyes:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let me ask you this:

Let's say the Dev's say 'Hey, sure let's up the credits from warzones cause those PvP-only people really don't deserve to be left out."

Now you get (using hypothetical numbers!) 100k credits just like people doing Planetary Dailies. You've got income, yay!

>.> What about me? The person who does dailies while I'm in the queue (not to mention FP-Dailies atm)? I'm getting 100k from Dailies and 100k from PvP, so I'm getting 200k now, yay!

Merchants (or Crafters) now know I can now afford to pay more for augments, stims, mods, and frilly dresses for my toons, so they raise prices.

Uh oh! Now you still need double your current income to afford those things again, and I'm still happily paying the higher prices cause, hell... I am rich now!

<.< ya think of that? Maybe there's a reason certain pieces of content only give certain amounts?

This is nothing but pure conjecture, so of course I'm not going to think of this when BW hasn't even considered buffing Warzone rewards.

There needs to be more PvP dailies. Let them reward just a token number of WZ comms, but let them be numerous, have decent cash rewards.

Various objectives, like X PvP kills, X PvP medals, etc.

Social points are also another factor. Having to group up with 7 other people and working as a team to beat the enemy is definitely not social at all. Let's run black talon 200 times with a newbie group instead.

I reckon we should we awarded social points for wins. PvP is ALL about playing with other people.

Social points are also another factor. Having to group up with 7 other people and working as a team to beat the enemy is definitely not social at all. Let's run black talon 200 times with a newbie group instead.

I reckon we should we awarded social points for wins. PvP is ALL about playing with other people.

I agree actually. Social point rewards according to the player's contribution (medals) sounds amazing.

Yeah, I'm all for this, too! You bring up a fantastic point! :)

In regards to XP increased /SIGNED this is a major for me, from level 10-55 i only pvp.

In regards to credits - im on the fence with this one, on one side we have no repair bills, on other side to make the credits you are forced to do aspects of the game u may hate, perhaps a slight increase would be nice but only if the fix the afkers in pvp, we need a proper vote system to get lazy foke kicked..

I agree actually. Social point rewards according to the player's contribution (medals) sounds amazing.

Anything introduced relating to rewards/xp etc based on medals would only work if they fix the healers problems, u all know it, the healer that does consumption, heal, consumption has million healing with zero kills but loads of medals.

I can't agree with this.

If you want to be successful at this game, you have to play the -entire- game. PvP, Crafting, and PvE. Else, you're just lazy and deserve to only receive 33% of rewards for only focusing on the 33% of the game you "like."

Before anyone says "why should I have to do something I don't like?" it's part of the game. I'm sure there are people who like playing every class but hate leveling... why isn't there a "skip to level 55" option? (Hint: It's cause you have to play the entire game to get what you want.)

Great you cant agree with this. I can respect that. Yet pvers are not forced to pvp for their cash or gear. To go from nothing to conq is 95,325 reg wz comms. 1 medal gives 7 comms and max is 140 so lets say the avg pvper gets 93 comms a match. I'll be kind and say they get 3 matches an hour (depending on time of day etc as Ive waited as short as 2 min and as high as 20 depending on time of day and number of folks in 55 queuing). Thats 279 reg comms per hour. So were talking about 341 hours. Now in 341 hours what amount of creds and gear do you think a person doing FP's and Op's gets?. All were asking for is some balance rather than being forced to do something we dont like. Admittedly this is minus the 2600 comms we get per week for completing both dailies every day and the weekly. From those we get a whole 150k creds per week plus what ever we get in warzones per match (which isnt much for the time). When Makeb first came out I made that in under 40 minutes.

Edited by Ravenschild
adding information

/sign

A suggestion might be 2 to 2.5 k per medal (up to 8) and the winning team gets 1.5 to 2 times that amount for winning. This would help stop those from doing the afk or just stand around thing.It would also maybe be an incentive for some folks that guard to pay attention :)

Edited by Ravenschild
adding information

Great you cant agree with this. I can respect that. Yet pvers are not forced to pvp for their cash or gear. To go from nothing to conq is 95,325 reg wz comms. 1 medal gives 7 comms and max is 140 so lets say the avg pvper gets 93 comms a match. I'll be kind and say they get 3 matches an hour (depending on time of day etc as Ive waited as short as 2 min and as high as 20 depending on time of day and number of folks in 55 queuing). Thats 279 reg comms per hour. So were talking about 341 hours. Now in 341 hours what amount of creds and gear do you think a person doing FP's and Op's gets?. All were asking for is some balance rather than being forced to do something we dont like. Admittedly this is minus the 2600 comms we get per week for completing both dailies every day and the weekly. From those we get a whole 150k creds per week plus what ever we get in warzones per match (which isnt much for the time). When Makeb first came out I made that in under 40 minutes.

Thank you for doing the math. It won't matter to the ignorant, but I appreciate what you've taken the time to post.