Should I go with Quick Savant, Adept or Initiative for Vigiliance Guardian?

Aeristash

When it comes to Ear pieces and Implants I never know which one to pick. Adept has critical, Initiative has accuracy and savant has alacrity. Which is best for a damage focus vigilance guardian?

My knowledge extends only as far as accuracy should be 110% for pve, and the alacrity tiers are 7-something and 1860. Offhand i dont remember which one i have on my dps set.

My knowledge extends only as far as accuracy should be 110% for pve, and the alacrity tiers are 7-something and 1860. Offhand i dont remember which one i have on my dps set.

I guess Initiative it is then for the moment. I'm barely over that accuracy requirement at 111.68% accuracy with a near full Tier 1 Mk3 Eternal Commander set, not including the mk2 initiative ear piece. My alcarity is 3.92% and my crit is 25.02%. I was leaning towards the adept pieces because of the critical boost but sounds like a bad idea.

I guess Initiative it is then for the moment. I'm barely over that accuracy requirement at 111.68% accuracy with a near full Tier 1 Mk3 Eternal Commander set, not including the mk2 initiative ear piece. My alcarity is 3.92% and my crit is 25.02%. I was leaning towards the adept pieces because of the critical boost but sounds like a bad idea.

No!!! Not initiative if you have 111.68% accuracy. For pve, anything above 110% is wasteful. Get your accuracy down to 110%, then I’d go for adept pieces cause your Crit chance sounds low.

No!!! Not initiative if you have 111.68% accuracy. For pve, anything above 110% is wasteful. Get your accuracy down to 110%, then I’d go for adept pieces cause your Crit chance sounds low.

Thank you I was unaware of that :D I'll be sure to try to get my accuracy at 110% while I try and get my crit up with adept pieces :) I'm trying to maximize damage output for pve & raids.

Edited by Aeristash

4% alacrity and 25% crit sound kind of low even for a tier 1 set. Did you augment your gear? If not, you absolutly should, if you're trying to optimize your stats (228 Augments are more than enough and pretty cheap).

I think most vigi-guardians (including myself) go for the second alacrity cap at 1860, but the first cap works pretty well too. And with tier 1 gear it's gonna be almost impossible to reach the second cap without sacrificing a huge amount of crit.

So I'd suggest you aim for the first cap (around 750 alacrity) for the moment and put the rest into crit. Once you get better gear you can start experimenting with the second cap to see what you like better.

Yup 110% Accuracy is the way to go, the magic number is 743 of the Accuracy stat total for 110% (with buffs and the companion 1% bonus) :D

As mrwayn says; most vigi Guardian's run the high Alacrity build which feels great (feels nice and faster paced), however probably only a few run the lower first alacrity cap as I do, just as I feel that works better for me :) - can't go wrong with either :eek:

~Ace

Edited by Master-Paulus

For tier 1 gear (and tier 2 gear), Going for high alacrity sacrifices a bit too much crit for it to be worth it. If you're fully augmenting, you want 794 Accuracy and 724 Alacrity when running 230 rating gear, or if using 236 augments your accuracy will jump to 798. This is done with 2 accuracy pieces, 2 accuracy augments, an accuracy stim, and 4 alacrity pieces. Everything else in crit (though at such a low gear level, power/mastery augs can work at about a 50/50 split with crit. Though dont get em, cause they dont go as well with your gear improvements as crit augs)