Eternity Vault - Ancient Pylons Consoles Bug (Hard)

Okay.. It MUST be bugged, let me tell you why, we did this prepatch as follows (and it worked), and its the same as we tried today.. (talking about ev hardmode pylon here)

We use a diagram so we always make the least turns to lock on to the right symbol, we write this down before we start the event, so we can do it at fast as possible and without any confusion.

We sync on both sides as we split up in groups of 4 locking each wheel on the correct symbol at the same time.

Still the wheels become unturnable at after 2nd wheel, and we can do nothing but wait and try to kill the mob waves failing at the final one where around 6 proto acklays spawn ? ***?

Have I missed something? We have done this on normal 3 times, and on hard 1 time before using the method above which seems and according to my internetz research as the CORRECT way to do it!?

Kinda pissed if they made a patch and broke something they were supposed to :fix:...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait srsly, there are 4 pylons? And you have to move around to each of them solving one wheel at a time? Now im just confused...

We've been splitting up in two groups, solving each wheel of the pylons in sync using the least turns etc...

Wait srsly, there are 4 pylons? And you have to move around to each of them solving one wheel at a time? Now im just confused...

We've been splitting up in two groups, solving each wheel of the pylons in sync using the least turns etc...

Turns don't matter, and splitting is still the fastest way to do it. You have to solve the each tier of the puzzle like this, North, South, South, North. That means the north group solves the bottom most tier, than the south can complete. The South solves the middle tier first, than north can complete, so on and so forth.

It is good practice to keep the turns to a minimum to save time, but you should not solve at the same time for each tier level.

EDIT: The above is for hard and nightmare only, on normal both sides should be able to solve whenever they want and have it work.

Edited by engrey

Turns don't matter, and splitting is still the fastest way to do it. You have to solve the each tier of the puzzle like this, North, South, South, North. That means the north group solves the bottom most tier, than the south can complete. The South solves the middle tier first, than north can complete, so on and so forth.

It is good practice to keep the turns to a minimum to save time, but you should not solve at the same time for each tier level.

EDIT: The above is for hard and nightmare only, on normal both sides should be able to solve whenever they want and have it work.

So thank you jawa, we will have to try this tmrw,solving north, south, south, north first and then have the other follow after..

Can I ask HOW THE HELL you came to the conclusion that this is how and why it should be solved this way?

I have tried to look for clues in this encounter, but they dont seem very friggin obvious, and then I find myself trying way too hard to make sense of it and coming up with nada... please share the wisdom, i'd like to know what the hell I am missing..

So thank you jawa, we will have to try this tmrw,solving north, south, south, north first and then have the other follow after..

Can I ask HOW THE HELL you came to the conclusion that this is how and why it should be solved this way?

I have tried to look for clues in this encounter, but they dont seem very friggin obvious, and then I find myself trying way too hard to make sense of it and coming up with nada... please share the wisdom, i'd like to know what the hell I am missing..

His conclusion is baseless and anyone who claims they have figured this encounter out is completely wrong. It IS bugged. There have been people reporting success with many different ways, which means its just luck and you happened to be trying x strat when it worked.

After completing this encounter on 16 m hard earlier this week, the North South South North idea is not correct. Every time our south finished first and then the north after.

go back to the drawing boards. Hope 1.1 fixed it.

We just ran the 8 man hard mode version. At first we thought it was bugged because at some point the consoles were unusable and also encountered 4x of those hard *** mobs at a time.

Here is how this was solved:

1st puzzle must be first solved by NORTH

2nd and 3rd puzzle must be solved first by SOUTH

4th puzzle must be first solved by NORTH

Pen and paper were required to do it in few enough turns as to not get wrecked by 4x bug mobs. To accomplish this, map out the # of turns it takes each side to solve each layer of the puzzle, then have the side that is NOT solving first turn just enough times to where the next turn would solve it, then wait for other side to complete. Rinse, repeat.

Why does anyone who FAILS at the puzzle claim that it is a bug. IT IS NOT A BUG. YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.

Is it really so hard to comprehend? Half the things in this game are broken. Because there are no indications or hints as to the solution to Hard and Nightmare pylons, assuming it is a bug is not unreasonable. It's wrong, but it's still a reasonable first assumption to make given the facts in hand.

Chill out.

Edited by Ascendant

Sure, but it's a bad puzzle if it provides absolutely 0 clues that hint at having to solve either the North or South side before it just unceremoniously stops. What am I thinking, though, trying to reason with you.

Anyway, just to add to the fodder, our guild has consistently made it work in both normal and hard mode for the last 2 weeks using this method:

We use the shortest route possible to the proper insignia, whether left or right console. On each and every tier, the South side always solves their part of the puzzle first. A second later, the North side finishes theirs.

This consistently glitched for us before we followed this guideline.

Now, if only the loot consistently looted after this boss...

6 elite mobs spawn after using 3rd row, we tried it 5 times, this only happened after patch, they broke an encounter that was already broken anyways and on top of that they "fixed" it so that you can't skip it and move to the next boss....

just rofl

6 elite mobs spawn after using 3rd row, we tried it 5 times, this only happened after patch, they broke an encounter that was already broken anyways and on top of that they "fixed" it so that you can't skip it and move to the next boss....

just rofl

We had the same problem yesterday, wiped 4 times as the 3rd row with the 4 Acklays, we 'solved' it by just using the consoles as fast as humanly possible and then have our only survivor stealth out of combat with the Acklays. Unlocked the chest, revived the party and we were able to move on.

We did it just like we did before patch, there's no mention of a change in patch notes so one can only assume it's a bug.

South South South North

Thats how you solve the rowes, my guild was stuck on the "wheel locking" for awhile aswell until we started using this.

It works every damn time.

The encounter has 2 bugs from what ive seen.

1. Does not reset properly.

2. It can bug when the consoles are being lit up and clickable and you get the debuff but nothing happens, the symbols does not move.

The only reason your North South South North strat actually works is because it tends to bug the wheel for the 3rd tier IF the North completes 2nd tier first. The pylon still works if you do South South South South or North South North North.

What is still unconfirmed as a bug or not is why we get 2 elites and as the first one is being downed, 3/4 more spawn on top of us post 1.1 patch.

The most common way of getting around the encounter is just spinning the wheel as fast as possible while doing everything to survive/kite/kill/knockback/cc/medpac and eventually wheel is completed.

I believe some things in the encounter are actually working as intended. We did it on hard yesterday and at first tried the bug avoiding prepatch strategy. We failed. What I observed is that the mobs spawn after a certain time, not related to which wheel is turned at which time. So if you get 4 spiders it means you actually took too long

There are 6 colors in the order Blue, Green, Red, Purple, White, Yellow. So if the wheel shows green and you have to match purple you could either use 2 right turns or 4 left turns with your not so intelligent spam all left strategy. The initial setup is random. For the worst case you would need a maximum of 12 turns. However it's more like 8-10 depending on your luck. We finished it yesterday before the double spider spawn.

there is a mechanic. if you don't want to figure it out then don't do it. don't come here saying it's bugged when it's most likely working as intended because

1. it's easily doable

2. it doesn't take long to figure out

3. sorry you got beat by an elementary school puzzle

Reported for trolling.

Your only option sadly is to try it in different north/south combinations until it works. You could try changing the ops leader, or regrouping all together then resetting as well. Really stinks because you have to re-clear trash between each reset.

My Encounter:

8m HM - We got the third row complete once and were in the process of completing the third row 4 times before it bugged and we couldn't click the console anymore.

You just have to figure the strat that does not bug for you. My guild went through several. But found one that worked for us every time which is South pylon allways solves first and both sides only click the right console. North can spins theirs 1 away. But have to wait intill the south solves to finish theirs.

Honestly it make the encounter actually challenging rather just another loot pinata.

The south pylon needs to be solved first. That's the general rule because it will 100% bug if you consistently solve the north pylon first.

Since you have to solve one side first, it encourages people to solve the puzzle in the fastest way possible so you don't get too many big guys. So try to figure it out before hand or do trial and error. As long as you solve the south pylon wheel before the north you should be fine.

This is bugged but it also ironically forces people to complete the fight the way it was originally intended. You have to use your heads to solve the puzzle asap.

The only reason your North South South North strat actually works is because it tends to bug the wheel for the 3rd tier IF the North completes 2nd tier first. The pylon still works if you do South South South South or North South North North.

What is still unconfirmed as a bug or not is why we get 2 elites and as the first one is being downed, 3/4 more spawn on top of us post 1.1 patch.

The most common way of getting around the encounter is just spinning the wheel as fast as possible while doing everything to survive/kite/kill/knockback/cc/medpac and eventually wheel is completed.

Or you can actually look at the puzzle before the fight, and solve it in 8 rotations or less, and you will get no extra elites on hard mode [as in, only one as intended,when done properly]. Mashing the same console over and over is a normal mode strat, and should not be used in hard mode.

Edited by Nessirin

We had 7 elites spawn shortly after eachother (1, 1, 2 then 3 about 10 seconds after the other 2) on both normal and hardmode. Working as intended? I think not. Why? Before that it was 6 (1, 1, 2 then another 2 about 10 seconds after the other 2)