New Hack

DarthBama

I noticed this a few days ago, but passed it off as bad luck. However tonight I have confirmed it. People are some how able to make themselves untargetable with the tab key. How do I know? I was stealthed, and had 1 person in front of me I repeatly hit tab and it did not work. I HAD to click on him. Tried again later in the match, same result. Happened several more times during the match.

Pretty sure that is just BW's ****** tab targeting system. Repeatedly I have hit tab to get the closest target and it seems to just randomly bounce from one target to another regardless of how close or far they are from me.

It was an Ancient Hypergates. I was at the node with just him while everyone else was mid. The Tab did nothing, and it was ONLY him that it would not select. Does that not sound fishy?

And the base red con on your target sometimes doesn't show up so you don't know who you have targeted at a glance. The little arrows above your target as the secondary target marker don't really help either. Why did they make them change from one shade of red to another instead of making your current target arrow larger?

The tab targetting is not great. I frequently swear at it.

You were not able to target the guy you wanted. It does not follow that there is a new hack that stops people being targetted. Rather more likely is the tab targetting was playing up. As it is known to do.

It's a bug and has a lot to do with their collision physics engine. I have had it happen even in PVE, if they are close to a structre (wall, boxes, even a pole) it will skip them and target the next guy (if there is a next guy) otherwise it will target no one.

Happens a lot on the Voidstar with the doors. People try to tab select a person capping the door but can not target them.

As for the Red circle not showing on your target, I had that happen in beta but have not seen it since, if it is back, that is bad news. If you can not tell who you have targeted, you will break stuns.

I think this is a bug not an exploit... I see it most often in Voidstar after the first door in the bridge control area... An enemy player will come down the tunnel, and I can not target them, whether via tab targeting or clicking, or via nearest target which I also have a key bind for. The player also has no 'decoration' on them, i.e. no name, etc. I am pretty sure I have reported it and gotten the dreaded 'service droid has gotten this and that's all you'll here from us' message

Pretty sure it's a bug - I've had this happen a LOT more recently (and judging by the complaints I'm hearing in mumble/general/ops, to other people too).

It seems to correlate with increased server latency, so I'd say the game thinks you don't have LOS to the target or something.

It's a bug and has a lot to do with their collision physics engine. I have had it happen even in PVE, if they are close to a structre (wall, boxes, even a pole) it will skip them and target the next guy (if there is a next guy) otherwise it will target no one.

Happens a lot on the Voidstar with the doors. People try to tab select a person capping the door but can not target them.

As for the Red circle not showing on your target, I had that happen in beta but have not seen it since, if it is back, that is bad news. If you can not tell who you have targeted, you will break stuns.

Yeah its probably this. I've noticed when you can't see the nameplate on your screen, target nearest enemy won't work for grabbing a target.

The tab targetting systems isn't that bad. The targetting would be great, if you could click nameplates when tab doesn't pick up the target you want. At least this game gives multiple target binding options.

I had this same thing happen in a Civil war, Same 2 players on other team, 2 other guildies in vent had same issue on same players for the entire match all over the map, we just tagged them up, called out in ops to click target flame and gear.

Have not noticed it before or after that one time

Saw something similar with a stealther... I was in stealth too, used sneak, and stopped right next to the enemy stealther. And the stupid tab target just didn't work, no matter what I did, so I had to click in the end.

This week this bug quite often for me. Almost in every warzone. Mb something is broken again? :confused: