4-er Ranked which classes and Setups are viable and why?

ichebem

Hello,

i iam just interested which classes are preferred and why, and which setups are the best.

For example, is an offtank or an fulltank the better option.

Which healer is the best choose, and is it the best choose in any case?

and so on. I hope that some experienced players are going to share their knowledge.

thxalot

It's teamwork, CC coordination, and competency that wins team arenas. That can be done with any combination of classes. Having said that, jug tank, pyro pt, madness sorc, op heals is probably the goto setup that requires the least coordination out the gate with the greatest efficacy.

Yeah at least the player skill is the important point.

But when you have players with the same Skill, there always will be a combination which is favoured against others. Thx for the both answers. so far

Yeah at least the player skill is the important point.

But when you have players with the same Skill, there always will be a combination which is favoured against others. Thx for the both answers. so far

xAgonyyy's one is a joke.

And yet the most successful 4s arena team was with a deception sin and a carnage mara in the dps slots :).

Anyway, to the OP the question is rhetorical, as skill and tactical play depending on your team's composition and the enemies one is way more important than the actual composition itself... particularly for the dps slots. There are very few classes and specs that are in significant disadvantage at the moment, for example dps operatives and sage healers come first to mind.

EDIT: As a general rule of thumb: you have dotters you cc/interrupt the healer as much as possible, you have burst then you cc the tank and burn down the unguarded.

Edited by MusicRider

I agree with what others have said, the classes are much closer balance wise for 4s than before. With the right players, I think most specs can be competetive. Exceptions to this would be sage heals, scrapper, tk, and possibly smash guardians. All other specs are workable in 4s imo. Edited by Andrew_Past

I agree with what others have said, the classes are much closer balance wise for 4s than before. With the right players, I think most specs can be competetive. Exceptions to this would be sage heals, scrapper, tk, and possibly smash guardians. All other specs are workable in 4s imo.

agreed, and even then, some of those could be made to work, and for whoever was asking about other healers, during the 2nd preseason, we ran merc heals and we still did pretty well, so a good merc healer can be used in lieu of an operative, but operatives are just easier for most ppl to play at a "decent" skill level.

I agree with what others have said, the classes are much closer balance wise for 4s than before. With the right players, I think most specs can be competetive. Exceptions to this would be sage heals, scrapper, tk, and possibly smash guardians. All other specs are workable in 4s imo.

I think TK can be competitive at this point. Its capacity to consistently (TB autocrit and reck/potency) do tons of burst damage is pretty sick- just hard to take advantage of. It's certainly better vs melee teams: bubble stun, KB root, and shorter range interrupts. On a lesser note, it has absolutely no energy management problems lol, which makes off healing/bubbling more possible. It still isn't meta, but it's not as bad as scrapper :p

Edited by JediMasterSLC

I think TK can be competitive at this point. Its capacity to consistently (TB autocrit and reck/potency) do tons of burst damage is pretty sick- just hard to take advantage of. It's certainly better vs melee teams: bubble stun, KB root, and shorter range interrupts. On a lesser note, it has absolutely no energy management problems lol, which makes off healing/bubbling more possible. It still isn't meta, but it's not as bad as scrapper :p

TK works, yeah, but stacking 2 balance/madness sorcs is best right now.

This is true. However, it takes a lot more effort and coordination to pull off correctly. And TK doesn't handle pressure well. The extra heals are nice though.

TK although competitive I would prefer a hybrid 30/16 in the presence of tank/healer. After initial 4.5s (weaken mind and one TkT) the burst that comes out is fairly high... With potency (particuarly with stalker set) you get mind proced disturbance -> (potency) 1gcd TkT cast -> mind procced disturbance followed by instant wave. This can do in 4gcds 20k+ min and if lucky enough with crits and procs/potencies it can do even 30k in these 4gcds. It is also more mobile than TK (in the above rotation only 1gcd is needed to stand still for channeling), it has the same force management and it is pretty much uninterruptible with concentration. Now take into account that the combo of "mind proced disturbance -> (potency) 1gcd TkT cast -> mind procced disturbance" benefits from +6% crit from critical kinesis and it is not unlikely to pull some decent burst even without potency.

Combat Medic Commando :D..

Now the ultimate question, do you have maybe some Videos to share with us, or at least tell us your lineup&strategy, please

http://www.twitch.tv/keubro this is the stream of our tank, he mostly streams our games when he feels like it.

Lineup is assault vanguard, combat sentinel, shield tech/tactics vanguard tank and commando heals. What's great about it is that we have insane damage (assault vg is massive dps, vg tanks is highest dps tank and mando healer is highest dps healer) so we can just out derp other teams (damage stuff and cc healer) or we can do hard swaps with Awe or double neural surge (carbonize) with assault and combat burst + me and the tank helping out. Usually derp other teams that derp in order to deny dps, but we can do that as a plan B in case we're not focused enough to do hard swaps xd

p.s.: i use the word derp as a substitute for the "no tactic, just go in there and mash your buttons"-tactic

Edited by Suryi

http://www.twitch.tv/keubro this is the stream of our tank, he mostly streams our games when he feels like it.

Lineup is assault vanguard, combat sentinel, shield tech/tactics vanguard tank and commando heals. What's great about it is that we have insane damage (assault vg is massive dps, vg tanks is highest dps tank and mando healer is highest dps healer) so we can just out derp other teams (damage stuff and cc healer) or we can do hard swaps with Awe or double neural surge (carbonize) with assault and combat burst + me and the tank helping out. Usually derp other teams that derp in order to deny dps, but we can do that as a plan B in case we're not focused enough to do hard swaps xd

p.s.: i use the word derp as a substitute for the "no tactic, just go in there and mash your buttons"-tactic

Hey, thxalot,

I just watched some of the videos and i was really wondering about your worse enemies. In most of the matches, you are not under pressure to any time, but the whole opponent time is dead already.

It was very informative, really thx m8.

You got btw a Private Message ;)

greetings.

Depends a lot on the other team.

For a pressure comp, cc the healer and bring a hybrid sin or pt tank, as well as double madness (sin or sorc) or pyro pt with op heals. It's great for putting out a lot of damage, but it usually takes a couple minutes to get a kill.

What is more effective (IMHO) is a hard swap comp. Options are MM Sniper/Carnage mara/Smash Jug or Mara/Deception sin, with a hybrid jug tank that has a 45 second mez. You then Mez the tank and swap to an unguarded target and stun it then burn it down usually the healer). Op heals or merc heals is viable for this because electronet helps with the swaps, and they can use an instant cast to mez the tank.

I mention smash even though others think it's not viable, but it is still very good for hard swaps onto targets that don't have AOE reduction such as healers, especially with smash's frequent reliable burst. I have run double smash and smash/carnage many times and have had great success with using them for hard swaps. Mezzing the tank and then double smashing an unguarded healer while your tank hard stuns him is enough to global them.

Edited by daveyggg

so you the commando heal in an offensive LineUp, which trys to kill one enemy within the first minute. And the Commando can give a nice offensive Bonus (Net, Insta-CC, Maybe some Damage).

Interesting, but it means a lot of coordination is needed in the team.