Need a way to change advanced classes

DonMarko

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Bioware, If you want to keep players here and playing this game you need to add a a way, a tool, a device, that will allow players a chance at changing their advanced class. I know most the people who come to these boards and post will have 100 bad things to say about it, but they should not have any voice in my game EXP, only I should. Just as I should have no say in theirs.

Please add this and save me from deleting a toon I already that I already have so much done on.

No way, EA only sucks ur money , they dont give u any chance to change ur AC.

dear blizzard,

i leveled up my mage to 85 and am now tired of playing a mage. i want to play a warrior but dont want to spend weeks redoing the same content. please let me change my mage to a warrior so i can play the game the way I want to, not the way you designed it to be played.

thanks

^^ This.

No changing classes. No.

No game does this. Stop asking.

NO. I leveled a marauder, and a juggernaut. If this happens then I essentially wasted my time on one of those characters. At which point I WOULD start asking for a complete base class change because one of my characters has been rendered completely useless.

If you cant see the problems a change like this would cause then there is no hope for you.

or you could, you know, do some research. so sick of people who feel they are entitled to whatever they want whenever they want without having to think or plan.

It wouldnt be a problem if the reasearch I did wasnt invalidated every other patch. As long as the feel the need to redesign classes as frequent as they are then they need to put this option in.

I loved 1.2 "Hey we ****ed some class up so bad we gave you your talent points back but not the opportunity to change your advanced class since as we said we ****ed it up so bad its not your preferred class anymore is not going to happen"

Thats what I took out of it aleast

I never see level based mmo allow you to change your class. (UO and SWG per CU were the only two mmo that you can switch class at easy and they were't level base.)

Bio has improved and give player idea how advance class work compare to beta.

There enough people in game who can't play the class they've leveled on properly. It would make things infinitely worse to introduce a mechanism to allow people to play classes they had never learnt at all.

And if you believe an assassin and a sorcerer are anything but superficially similar (they both have lightning-based abilities) then you haven't played either of them very well.

It wouldnt be a problem if the reasearch I did wasnt invalidated every other patch. As long as the feel the need to redesign classes as frequent as they are then they need to put this option in.

I loved 1.2 "Hey we ****ed some class up so bad we gave you your talent points back but not the opportunity to change your advanced class since as we said we ****ed it up so bad its not your preferred class anymore is not going to happen"

Thats what I took out of it aleast

You mean " OMG my OP class is nerfed, can I change my AC to the other one ??"

I played hunter in wow for 7 years, I play through countless nerf/buff circle and I never demand blizzard change my class to the new golden child class.

Edited by hchsiao

Seriously..... A change like this would be a pretty big "eff you" to the people that leveled both advanced classes of a base class. I can tell you this, there are quite a few of them as well.

I dunno about other but I dont' think it is "eff you" to me. (I have lv 50 sage, lv 50 shadow, lv 37 sentienl, lv 20 guardian on same server.) I play them cus I like to try them and I enjoy the quest lines.

I dunno about other but I dont' think it is "eff you" to me. (I have lv 50 sage, lv 50 shadow, lv 37 sentienl, lv 20 guardian on same server.) I play them cus I like to try them and I enjoy the quest lines.

right. and i have a marauder and a juggernaut at level 50. allowing advanced classes to respec would make one of those characters completely useless. I dont have a ton of time to play this game and would not appreciate a change that makes the amount of time it took to level my character a waste.

I agree that it is almost pointless to play the story over again since the decisions you make don't have that big of an effect.

I think there should be a significant XP increase(double or tripple) for people who want to level the same main class with a different advanced class.

I agree that it is almost pointless to play the story over again since the decisions you make don't have that big of an effect.

I think there should be a significant XP increase(double or tripple) for people who want to level the same main class with a different advanced class.

see I think this would be a better alternative than allowing a respec of your class.

Dude once you pick an AC you should stick with it. Now I could see BW making a TRAINING quest That takes you through various mechanics of each AC. Then after doing both tanking and dps during this quest you can decide. Honestly the window that pops up with descriptions of each class should be enough to choose... How about going to fleet and asking a Sentinal and Guardian about there class and what the pros and cons are for PVP and PVE? Its not rocket science.....

they should not put in a way to change advanced classes. your advanced class choice is one of the few choices that actually mean something. That is something that Bioware said they wanted in game. choices to mean something.

Not only that but the whole 2 part talking to npcs about your advanced class they very clearly tell you you cannot undo the choice

Knew someone would come out with this argument, as if it was remotely the same.

Think up something more relevant would you?

Your AC isn't that different to your base class, just a new skill tree and extra abilities. I mean you can even level up to 50 without ever choosing one, which just goes to show there's not a huge amount of difference in what you get once you choose one.

uh yeah, so what you are saying is that a Sith Assason is the same as a Sith Sorceror just with a few different abilities......riiiiiiiight

I just skimmed through all the posts in this thread and I am surprised no one mentioned SWG. Not only could you respec your skills but also your profession. If you had the credits.

You need to skimmed it again since I did say you can do that in swg before CU. However lets not forgot SWG and UO weren't level based game back than. (It is skill level system instead character level.)

Not to mention once you drop your advance class or base class in SWG, you are basicly start over again. (which is the same as level new toon in character level based game.) What people want is retain the lv 50 toon without go throught lv 1 to 50 again. (Which never be the case in SWG as well. You had to go through leveling progress if you drop master BH and want to change to master commando)

Edited by hchsiao

Wow people are still nerd raging over someone wanting more options for their gameplay that doesn't affect them?

I wonder if people threw this much of a tantrum when they brought in Dual-Spec for WoW...

Also!

Just to note, everyone who keeps saying "No other MMO lets you change your class or Advanced Class!"

Everquest II does.

Just saying.

Edited by chaosdefined

They'll eventually add the feature in the future, via legacy or whatever. Not allowing people to change was just a choice dictated by profit, people leveling alts to use different acs = more gametime being used in an useless way = more money.

Give it a few months and whoever wanted to level 100 alts will have leveled by then already, at that point, convenience will take a more important role in keeping subs, and ac switching will be allowed.

All this assuming that bw actually plans things and knows what they're doing, but now that i think of it, i'm not too sure they do.

Dear Bioware, If you want to keep players here and playing this game you need to add a a way, a tool, a device, that will allow players a chance at changing their advanced class. I know most the people who come to these boards and post will have 100 bad things to say about it, but they should not have any voice in my game EXP, only I should. Just as I should have no say in theirs.

Please add this and save me from deleting a toon I already that I already have so much done on.

Advanced class is just ANOTHER class option.

You can either A) Roll that class choice or B) qq more until you are blue in the face.

I don't remember any MMO with a class based system allowing you to switch classes, theres good reasons why you can't. So no they shouldn't ever allow it.

Actually there was a mmo that let your change classes at you whim, Final Fantasy XI, i could go from samurai to

white mage at the drop of the hat, was it great? hell yea, did it cause issues? oh yea, everyone switching to FOM classes and having all the gear you need for each class makes storage a pain in the ***. I for one think if you want a new ac go make a new chara, stop being a lazy sod and spend the 2 hours to level it, it would take that long just to get a customer service ticket to change your class if they had it anyways.

Edited by vulpusrex

Actually there was a mmo that let your change classes at you whim, Final Fantasy XI, i could go from samurai to

white mage at the drop of the hat, was it great? hell yea, did it cause issues? oh yea, everyone switching to FOM classes and having all the gear you need for each class makes storage a pain in the ***. I for one think if you want a new ac go make a new chara, stop being a lazy sod and spend the 2 hours to level it, it would take that long just to get a customer service ticket to change your class if they had it anyways.

please stay true to the facts. FFXI did not let you change your class at a whim. it let you change to the class THAT YOU ALREADY LEARNED. you still had to bust your butt to actually learn to play that class. and you didn't 'change' it either, you simply switched it. change in the OPs case means 'exchange'.

not forgetting to mention that this is just what both Final Fantasy online games do: you only have one char. every extra char costs extra.

don't get me wrong, I loved the FFXI system (mind you I'm speaking of FFXI circa 2008, I don't know how the do it these days exactly) but leaving out 'tiny details' bugs me. not forgetting to mention that I think the system TOR is using is good the way it is. I can see people getting dual-spec (bascially within their advanced class) but everything else makes me want to rage, shoot kittens, and so on. your advanced class .is. your class. you don't .change. your class