Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

Hey everyone,

What is really interesting is that you folks are having a very similar conversation/debate to what happened internally when making this decision. There are two sides of the coin we had to look at. 1) Be sensitive to those who like the current look of the armor and to not take away what they enjoy. 2) That the current appearance contains a bug (which we of course would not want to leave in place) and isn't entirely canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

It is very rare that I read something from EAware and fills me with hope (doubt it'll last long though :rolleyes: ).

Thank you for announcing that you guys will fix the broken Revan armor you gave us.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that makes sense, the primary color of the set is black and secondary is red, so maybe on some items with certain materials the red may look orange... or if that item has a lot more of secondary color than primary...

Anyway, they're fixing the whole set now so it's possible the unified pieces will look very different as well.

Glad they're fixing it. I hope they work on color matching too 'cuz this is just bad...LOL.

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr331/sithcookies/Screenshot_2013-05-08_17_16_45_222090_zps6f7a7474.jpg"]http://http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr331/sithcookies/Screenshot_2013-05-08_17_16_45_222090_zps6f7a7474.jpg[/url]

You got one: Investigator's set. Exactly the same, different colors, in 2.1 you will get dyes, so you can "revanise" it youself.

But actual Revan's set must look properly, not as a bugged recoloured inquisitor set with 2 hoods.

All my characters are female.

Thus you are incorrect.

All my characters are female.

Thus you are incorrect.

Well then use phantom chest. Same model, a bit different textures (not gonna matter much when dyes come out) also does not cut off belly part.

Edited by Aelther

Hey everyone,

What is really interesting is that you folks are having a very similar conversation/debate to what happened internally when making this decision. There are two sides of the coin we had to look at. 1) Be sensitive to those who like the current look of the armor and to not take away what they enjoy. 2) That the current appearance contains a bug (which we of course would not want to leave in place) and isn't entirely canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

I LOVE YOU MAN! in a friend kind of way.

No classic armor?

So much for "err on the side of caution" Fools. You obviously have no idea how to keep players happy, EA has taught you well.

someone seems like they're looking for attention.

Heh. Was expecting a bigger block of text outta you on this. Imagine you must be pretty darn happy atm.

Ok. how about this.

[insert Braveheart pose]

[insert Braveheart speech]

After leading a 5 month long war against the forums fighting tides of trollers and people who don't care, we have done it, we have fixed the what the protaganist looks like from, as he deserves for without him this game could not have come into fruition.

[Waves Lightsaber and banner]

For Freedom on the forums, and BUG FIXES!

That good and corny enough for ya? :D

However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

Listening to the forums? Did the universe just collapse in on itself?...

Well, good for you, now check the pvp forums and see what the #1 issue people are complaining about and want removed (not fixed, but removed).

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood!

hmm :rak_02:

Definitely glad that you will be removing the double hood, as you yourself described it as a BUG previously. I'd probably err on the side of caution in terms of any radical changes to the design of the robe in general though.

Of course, if you changed it to look more like a robe instead of just a hoodie top (similar to eradicator's robe), that would be pretty awesome. Just Please, no hood + cape look. Revan isn' a superhero.

Listening to the forums? Did the universe just collapse in on itself?...

Well, good for you, now check the pvp forums and see what the #1 issue people are complaining about and want removed (not fixed, but removed).

hmm :rak_02:

Definitely glad that you will be removing the double hood, as you yourself described it as a BUG previously. I'd probably err on the side of caution in terms of any radical changes to the design of the robe in general though.

Of course, if you changed it to look more like a robe instead of just a hoodie top (similar to eradicator's robe), that would be pretty awesome. Just Please, no hood + cape look. Revan isn' a superhero.

What he means is the color bugs. in 1.6.1 Revans Robes became light grey, and in 1.6.2 they fixed the graphic on revans lower robe, but it was brown on default, not black and red.

Use my quote to see the diffrence of what Revans set is now, and what is used to be.

Revan's Black robes PRE PATCH 1.6.1.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/dovzi9.jpg

Revan's Grey robes Patch 1.6.1- Now

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2rekxhu.jpg

More than just a double-hood bug on the chestpeice Eric.

Not easy finding force user robes that doesnt have a cape or back/buttflap. I hate clipping issues. I cant wait for the fixes.

I'd much rather they add cape and all the other things to make him look how he's supposed to.

'Cause like I mentioned before, Investigator's and Phantom sets have the same model, so not like people gonna lose much if they make him look properly.

That look better than what we got ingame.. urgh..

That's how he looked... ingame... in KOTOR. Should look the same in SWTOR as well, seeing how other KOTOR characters got their sets replicated well, while Revan got some re-coloured inquisitor's robe.

I don't care about the cape, i'd like to get the hooded down Revan robe. :)

They should just implement hood toggle already instead of making a hoodless Revan's robe.

Edited by Aelther