lolsmash ?

thamightyboro

I don't think any nerf is on the table for now. And I do not see the main issue, since this has been going on for longer then 10 months to be honest. "lolsmash"ing has been one of the Focus Guardian's...well...focus since day 1 really. "SweepBombing" has been around for awhile, just find a way to deal with it until something is done. And if something is not done, you should really figure out a way to counter it.

Goodluck.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think any nerf is on the table for now. And I do not see the main issue, since this has been going on for longer then 10 months to be honest. "lolsmash"ing has been one of the Focus Guardian's...well...focus since day 1 really. "SweepBombing" has been around for awhile, just find a way to deal with it until something is done. And if something is not done, you should really figure out a way to counter it.

Goodluck.

There really isn't a good way to counter it other than rolling full teams of assassins or marksman snipers. Carnage marauders get a 25% AOE reduction as well. One smash monkey is a nuisance. Two can be deadly if played right. Three or more is just good ol' fashion face roll to victory. This is coming from someone who plays Rage Jug as a main. Just pick a healer and sit on him for 15 minutes.

I just can't help lol'ing at the irony. One of the reasons BW nerfed adrenals in WZs was because of the sick burst some professions were capable of achieving. Now we're back to 7k smashes sans adrenals. Part of the reasoning for tweaking rage this last time, from my understanding, was to give quality of life improvements and to make Rage viable in PvE. Clearly BW did not give much forethought towards PvP when they implemented these changes.

There really isn't a good way to counter it other than rolling full teams of assassins or marksman snipers. Carnage marauders get a 25% AOE reduction as well. One smash monkey is a nuisance. Two can be deadly if played right. Three or more is just good ol' fashion face roll to victory. This is coming from someone who plays Rage Jug as a main. Just pick a healer and sit on him for 15 minutes.

I just can't help lol'ing at the irony. One of the reasons BW nerfed adrenals in WZs was because of the sick burst some professions were capable of achieving. Now we're back to 7k smashes sans adrenals. Part of the reasoning for tweaking rage this last time, from my understanding, was to give quality of life improvements and to make Rage viable in PvE. Clearly BW did not give much forethought towards PvP when they implemented these changes.

That is kind of sad. Use to be where it was more of a hazard to derpsweep, since it had quite a bit of skill lag and was very niche'y. In PUG's I can see this as a huge problem (Which is what I have encountered as well in some of the 10-49 bracket, usually see between 3-4 on either team) and less a issue in Premades. (Though still a issue.)

I doubt BW will address it though very quickly.

Why would anyone put Sage/Sorc bubble as overpowered?

Were one of the most underpowered classes in the game at the current time Knight/Warrior classes look for us to see how big of a smash they can get. No class fears sage/sorc dps. To heal for any length of time you NEED guard unlike Mercs or Commando. Other varius class mechanics I won't get into that make it easy to kill a sorc/sage when you can take 80% less damage for 5 seconds yet still do max damage is always great.

"70% Sage health with 20% Juggernaunt Ah look Juggernaut Force In Balance 28 damage Telekenitc Throw 8 dmg 9 dmg 7 dmg.......Force Leap 980 Smash 6800 Dispatch 4878 Dead Sage"

That bubble sure needs a nerf doesn't it? Because in order to take you nerf your damage even more then it already is by going up into the Lightning tree and you loose out on the 30% bonus to Periodic Damage and Death Field Crit. So please leave our gimped class out of this discussion.

They need a class that even worst players can be great with.

Yah it makes PvP terrible, but since its just a side attraction for PvEers it doesnt matter to them.

Yeah i agree there def is a skill tree for class skill requirements in PVP, in my opinion its the following for dps Easiest to hardest.

mara / sent ultra easymode press one button to win.

PT / VG ultra easymode 2 press 2 buttons to win. I have a VG and yeah only 2 buttons to win.

OP / scoundrel little harder to play good opening burst then drops off significantly.

sorc / sage little harder to play due to being a cast dps class, needs a little more skill to pvp with.

merc / trooper hard to pvp with needs range to be succesfull, if a lol mele gets to close has escape issues if the knock back is on CD.

so if you intend to pvp you can chose the dificulty lvl you want to play with from ultra easy mara - dificult merc.

In my time of PvP, I've only ever seen one Smasher that does huge damage. It was on NC, Imp vs Rep, I was on my Sniper. I was guarding East like always when 2 Reps, a Sentinal and a Gunslinger, come and attack me. I call Inc, and then the Sentinal does a smash. Half my life gone. Try to hold them off until he smashes again: I'm dead. Luckily someone answered my Inc and came to help. Great, right? No, I was stuck behind the shield door, and I watched as the Sentinal killed the other person in literally two smashes.

Yet again, I tend to be stuck on guard duty, so I tend not to see what goes on 3/4 of the match.

Yeah i agree there def is a skill tree for class skill requirements in PVP, in my opinion its the following for dps Easiest to hardest.

PT / VG ultra easymode 2 press 2 buttons to win. I have a VG and yeah only 2 buttons to win.

OP / scoundrel little harder to play good opening burst then drops off significantly.

sorc / sage little harder to play due to being a cast dps class, needs a little more skill to pvp with.

merc / trooper hard to pvp with needs range to be succesfull, if a lol mele gets to close has escape issues if the knock back is on CD.

so if you intend to pvp you can chose the dificulty lvl you want to play with from ultra easy mara - dificult merc.

^ indeed, this! :D

Why would you have defense mods and relics on a dps/healer class? It increases your chance to avoid damage but not to decrease the damage you receive.

Done some more research, I got your point, thanks, gone back to aim and power and am crafting overkill. Cheers.

Edited by ElanSolUgad

Goodluck.

Shadow kinetic tree, healing ablility also day 1, and recently being nerf. The game was not balance in the first place. And when they nerf the others class, they allow different class to become power.

my problem if with this max geared smashers.. on my sorcs im gonna get hit by at least two smashes in the fight...

at my expertise im getting smashed upwards of 6k by wh juggs..

enrage->charge-> smash 6k

force crush->defensive cooldowns/fluff dmg->force push->charge->smash 6k

that right there puts me low enough to be vicious thrown at...

which ive been crit for up to 5k

thats 17k of FREE NOOB FACEROLL SKILL-LESS DERP DMG

lets not force force scream, saber throw, force choke as in between dmg as well

no matter how i play my cc's im getting hit by at least 2 smashes..

my only hope vs geared/smart juggs is LAG in my favor makes his smashes out of range.. or i can run away

Edited by wwkingms

my problem if with this max geared smashers.. on my sorcs im gonna get hit by at least two smashes in the fight...

thats 17k of FREE NOOB FACEROLL SKILL-LESS DERP DMG

y

Dude, you think what smashers who grind almost 3x war hero gear (1st for armorings, 2nd forpower mods, 3rd for power enchants) for min/max their stats for smash, are noobs? Hahaha :D

You are just bad sorc, cry more. Playing guardian/jugg ever smash spec requires plenty skill, if you want use it in full potential - with taunts, guardian leaps, aoe slow etc etc. melee classes in general much more harder to play than ranged in pvp.

I play guardian (def/vigi tank and focus vr86 ), sentinel (watchman and focus vr 62), scoundrel (sawbones and scrapper vr 83), vanguard (assault vr40) and sage (telekinetic) - so all melee dps classes (especially sentinel and guardian and less scoundrel) - requires much higher skill cap than ranged (sage and vanguard).

Are you saying sins are FOTM?

in a way, yes. they are. if you look at cyaco's reply, you'll note that he referred to the deception tree. the deception tree was buffed at the same time as the focus tree. now there are a noticeably greater number of those distinctive voltaic slashes in WZs (looks like sin twirling his saber as a baton). the big aoe reduction thing addressed a major issue deceptsins were having: staying alive in melee range long enough to do anything other than lone-wolf, 1v1 stuff.

as it happens, sins/shadows are a "counter" to almost every class. they are, in fact, the 'default counter' class. lol

...although not every tree is a hard counter for every fotm.

Done some more research, I got your point, thanks, gone back to aim and power and am crafting overkill. Cheers.

Here is my problem folks.... people like this complaining about smash and dont even know thier own class or what needs to be slotted.

The smashers know what needs to be slotted ;-)

maybe that's why you fail... or one of the reasons anyways.

Here is my problem folks.... people like this complaining about smash and dont even know thier own class or what needs to be slotted.

The smashers know what needs to be slotted ;-)

maybe that's why you fail... or one of the reasons anyways.

yes me reslotting things will save me from 7k smashes and 5k vicious throws..

juggs are faceroll no way around it

yes me reslotting things will save me from 7k smashes and 5k vicious throws..

juggs are faceroll no way around it

you didnt read any of his posts?

Commando with defense mods... maybe he would have a better chance actually using proper gear.

And no... if you are in a group or not kiting you will die. and if I let you kite me and throw dots on me at range ill die.

Kinda how the game goes.

you didnt read any of his posts?

Commando with defense mods... maybe he would have a better chance actually using proper gear.

And no... if you are in a group or not kiting you will die. and if I let you kite me and throw dots on me at range ill die.

Kinda how the game goes.

The issue isn't who will win in a one vs one. I can kite you to death and take 20 or more seconds to kill you in a one v one. I have done it to plenty melee classes. But with a healer, my dots are completely nullified, and to do any "real damage" I have to stand still and eat your smashes. Also, in a ranked game you should be focusing targets, and I should die even faster, and because of roots I wouldnt be able to kite effectively. As a sorc I know you can kill me in about 8 seconds with good crits. On top of that, your damage is so bursty that healers play less of a factor for me. Sure I can kill you and kite you to death in a one on one, but when were these important in our warzones? If you think one v ones are what make classes op or not, you're playing this game wrong.

Please please please come into a WZ and try doing anything with 1 button. Or 2. Or 3 even... with any class.

Is it just me? I roll an AS Vanguard In PvP. There needs to be two smashers both hitting me for me to drop before they do. I think they are fine how they are at least against my class. I can taunt to reduce their damage, yank them out of the group and then continue DPS. Really a marauder is the only challenge for me. I think an important point is being missed here. A WZ is 8vs8 not 1v1. If everyone is not playing they're part then yeah things can seem unfair.... So do your part and hope others will fall in line.

Is it just me? I roll an AS Vanguard In PvP. There needs to be two smashers both hitting me for me to drop before they do. I think they are fine how they are at least against my class. I can taunt to reduce their damage, yank them out of the group and then continue DPS. Really a marauder is the only challenge for me. I think an important point is being missed here. A WZ is 8vs8 not 1v1. If everyone is not playing they're part then yeah things can seem unfair.... So do your part and hope others will fall in line.

I'd second that... Vanguards/pts can murder smashers.. Range dps in general is tough..

I feel like alot of classes shouldn't really be able to complain about smashers..

Vanguards/Snipers: Largely counter classes, And since they Can Dps from range, if they get caught clustered its pretty much their own fault.

Bub sorc: Sure.. a couple smashers can kill them almost instantly.. they are the ultimate melee counter class tho when not dead..

Healers: Again, kinda there own fault if they get caught in it.. no reason you can't stay away from your teammates and heal from range

Mara/Jug dps: Since they roll the spec.. cant really complain about it.

Assassin: Has every tool in the world to react to the smash build up and prevent it from going off at inopportune times

Really would say in general i only feel bad for people in the tanking roll. Trying to peel a smasher off you healer means youre inevitably going to be eating some 1.5x smashes due to your guard.

well I"m clearly doing something wrong then, cuz I have an easier time with maras on my vg than with juggs (don't they do the same thing in shared tree???).

no single smasher bothers my healer at all. I agree, it's the fact that you're getting hammered by multiple smashers that makes their presence so...painful. just increase the time between smashes (ala the nerf a few patches ago to hib/railshot procs). that will bring their total dmg in line with the rest of the world. iunno if that's too much of a nerf for single target dps though.

I may be reaching here that there are plenty of counters for this class out there in 50 pvp. When playing deception I have absolutely no issue with smash jug, a 30% AoE damage reduction with a well timed force shroud or blackout and when my defenses are down so is the jug with the burst I have at my disposal.

Keep in mind rage jugs are fairly squishy, at least thats what I take from them.

Its cause you have never seen me in a warzone.