Macros for pvp, respecing, grabbing huttballs. Legal?

PoliteAssasin

But it's not....at all. Those words have been sent no less than 3 times in that sequence or close to it with various misspellings etc...I'm not enjoying their suffering, I'm enjoying the fact that there is one less cheater around, even if only for a short time. Keep a list....and watch for them, even the most blatant ones learn, and some will transfer when they get tired of taking a week off from time to time. As I said, even on call of duty with how many ppl play on there ppl would see my name and leave immediately for fear of getting their name tagged in a video and sent in b/c even on there, that was the only way to ensure them getting busted. Same here, I'm not gonna bother with piddly "he cheated" reports, they come either with screenshots, a reference to the conversations(which they can then check logs and determine whether he was cheating) and videos <<<being the best one....hence why I got a card that has support for making them built in :) :) :)

So tell me if i got this right. You're going to record people using emote macros and send it to bioware after they said they don't care about emote macros?

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How dumb are you? I already pointed out to you multiple times that bioware doesn't care about emote macros, they are not game changing. FFS you quoted bioware to start off.

And you must really not know much about macros if you think people exchange them. All you do is open software and record key presses.

I know that there is razer software etc to record macros. But, just as on wow, there are forums where ppl copy them for others to paste into the "insert" portion and have the same macro, especially the more complex ones involving pushing a button once something is off cd or only if "xx" is up etc.....nice try though.

I know that there is razer software etc to record macros. But, just as on wow, there are forums where ppl copy them for others to paste into the "insert" portion and have the same macro, especially the more complex ones involving pushing a button once something is off cd or only if "xx" is up etc.....nice try though.

Lol, that is scripting. Not a macro. Learn what you are talking about. And how do you plan on proving somebody is doing that?

I am 16 who ever accused a 16 year old of being mature, and how is using the term "necro" which is the most often used term on these forums to describe it, I am not some wanna-be-cool guy for using it, I just use the vernacular used commonly in the forums just to convey my meanings better, picked it up after a while. attacks on my character aside, I NEVER defended cheating, I just wanted to know A:where these accusations stem from and what evidence (evidence can be presented in screenshots with the name censored so it does not violate the forums "no naming and shaming rule" of the whispers for instance) and B: why this was necroed instead of creating a new topic. Now I never defended cheating and I would like to make that super clear, and shaming on youtube, yes but I am curious as to how many people would watch and spread it around, as it is there are a lot of videos floating around I am just wondering it would get lost in there or not. But then again a guy on my server was once yelled at for more than a year for "ninjaing" an item from a world boss even though he was group leader and just happened to win the roll so I am not saying it would not work, but still.

Hahaha......a 16 year old is only immature if his parents have allowed him to become that way, and I pity those that are 16 and still immature, they will never catch up professionally or socially with more those more mature. In fact, they tend to fall further behind b/c they never learned how to mature in the first place and never do any self-analysis/reflection. Again, I pity those who are still immature at 16. Whether you want to accept/realize it or not, the statement is an attempt to end a conversation that one does not want to be had and using that term is a sad attempt at being cool/finding acceptance. Thanks for letting me know about the no naming/shaming rule on THESE forums. I'll be sure to keep that elsewhere, especially youtube b/c that's really the best place for it. It was posted here b/c I only found this post in a news article, I don't browse the forums.....I don't make the time....As for if it will get passed around on youtube, when your channel is SINGULARLY dedicated to that one purpose....naming/shaming/proving....that kinda thing catches on. It helps to have an obvious/catchy name for your channel.

Hahaha......a 16 year old is only immature if his parents have allowed him to become that way, and I pity those that are 16 and still immature, they will never catch up professionally or socially with more those more mature. In fact, they tend to fall further behind b/c they never learned how to mature in the first place and never do any self-analysis/reflection. Again, I pity those who are still immature at 16. Whether you want to accept/realize it or not, the statement is an attempt to end a conversation that one does not want to be had and using that term is a sad attempt at being cool/finding acceptance. Thanks for letting me know about the no naming/shaming rule on THESE forums. I'll be sure to keep that elsewhere, especially youtube b/c that's really the best place for it. It was posted here b/c I only found this post in a news article, I don't browse the forums.....I don't make the time....As for if it will get passed around on youtube, when your channel is SINGULARLY dedicated to that one purpose....naming/shaming/proving....that kinda thing catches on. It helps to have an obvious/catchy name for your channel.

you turned a simple joke into a completely analysis about how bad I am. wow. Dude I got straight A's, in lots of clubs, doing community service, and am officer for several of those clubs, and am 17 out of 625 with a 3.9-something gpa. I know it aint perfect but still, good to know that one comment turns into a complete analysis of my life with you.

Also, whats the obvious/catchy name so I can check some of this out for myself?

Edited by Sangrar

So tell me if i got this right. You're going to record people using emote macros and send it to bioware after they said they don't care about emote macros?

The emote warnings for one.....are still against TOS, he was very clear that they give a clear advantage to those using them. The others were merely the most obvious examples of macros in use.....this in in the middle of a macro containing other commands. As I told the other guy.....telling the ppl who are defending the actions and more than likely doing it themselves what ALL of the most OBVIOUS ones would be dumb and detrimental to my goal of getting as many of them as possible caught and suspended on my server. This is not hard to spot, not at all hard to upload a video with a name attached, and hey, if I'm wrong, they'll know right....if I get 5 wrong out of 100.....I still did a d*mn good job of ridding my server of them for a week at a time until they either stop or transfer. Again, there is nothing you could say to prevent this from happening despite how much it obviously displeases you that CHEATERS ARE GOING TO GET SUSPENDED, at least on my server.

you turned a simple joke into a completely analysis about how bad I am. wow. Dude I got straight A's, in lots of clubs, doing community service, and am officer for several of those clubs, and am 17 out of 625 with a 3.9-something gpa. I know it aint perfect but still, good to know that one comment turns into a complete analysis of my life with you.

Also, whats the obvious/catchy name so I can check some of this out for myself?

I just got the graphics card about a week ago and am still working out some driver issues tbh. I took it over to IBUYPOWER yesterday and am supposed to have it back within the week. Once I get it set up to record the videos and have videos, then I will create the channel and name, but thanks for getting me to thinking about a name sooner. It needs to be really catchy, possibly vapid to attract the needed attention and get passed around.

I just got the graphics card about a week ago and am still working out some driver issues tbh. I took it over to IBUYPOWER yesterday and am supposed to have it back within the week. Once I get it set up to record the videos and have videos, then I will create the channel and name, but thanks for getting me to thinking about a name sooner. It needs to be really catchy, possibly vapid to attract the needed attention and get passed around.

how about... Hack-buster or game-breaker. I don't know something along those lines just guessing

Lol, that is scripting. Not a macro. Learn what you are talking about. And how do you plan on proving somebody is doing that?

Spoken like someone who has quite a bit of experience IN this dept.....to me, they're all commands, whether you record it or a program does, whether it can be edited or not makes little difference. The INTENT is the same. I guess I shouldn't use the term macro as a catch all in this respect. Thanks I'll be clear to reference BOTH types of infractions separately. :) :)

The emote warnings for one.....are still against TOS, he was very clear that they give a clear advantage to those using them.

Actually he said that emote macros don't matter. And said that calling incs and what not with a macro give people an advantage. Why don't you go back and read the quote on pg 38? Or at least tell me how people are beating you with emotes lol.

Actually he said that emote macros don't matter. And said that calling incs and what not with a macro give people an advantage. Why don't you go back and read the quote on pg 38? Or at least tell me how people are beating you with emotes lol.

I'm not sure why, I can only guess it's because you don't want to see/read it, but I've answered that twice now. Why would I tell someone, who is having a very negative reaction to someone who is going to be catching cheaters, exactly which ones are the most obvious??? Those are usually the ones doing the cheating, and that would be dumb and take away the fun and enjoyment of cleaning off the server. :):) I've already gotten awareness at a level that I get whined about in gen b/c they say I should mind my own business etc. They can keep complaining....children have never bothered me.

Btw. What server do you play on and what is your main's name?

I don't plan on outing myself as the owner until I've got a good collection of videos. There's no point beforehand, it's just attention seeking and could result in unrealistic expectations of the number of videos at launch and lead to it not catching on. You need to have some quality substance when ppl arrive.....

I'm not sure why, I can only guess it's because you don't want to see/read it, but I've answered that twice now. Why would I tell someone, who is having a very negative reaction to someone who is going to be catching cheaters, exactly which ones are the most obvious??? Those are usually the ones doing the cheating, and that would be dumb and take away the fun and enjoyment of cleaning off the server. :):) I've already gotten awareness at a level that I get whined about in gen b/c they say I should mind my own business etc. They can keep complaining....children have never bothered me.

If its for emotes etc and isn't being used as a way to advise others of an impending attack in a Warzone (inc snow! for example), then we will turn a blind eye to an extent.

What are you misunderstanding?

SWTOR "servername" hackbuster does sound good, THANKS!!!

np I am great at creating names thanks for letting me use that talent!

this is my last post for the night off to watch sharktank, good luck

Edited by Sangrar

I don't plan on outing myself as the owner until I've got a good collection of videos. There's no point beforehand, it's just attention seeking and could result in unrealistic expectations of the number of videos at launch and lead to it not catching on. You need to have some quality substance when ppl arrive.....

Honestly I want to duel you and macro an emote for every cd and spam that I am macroing/scripting/speed hacking so you can see how useless you are when nothing happens.

If its for emotes etc and isn't being used as a way to advise others of an impending attack in a Warzone (inc snow! for example), then we will turn a blind eye to an extent.

What are you misunderstanding?

What part of "they INCLUDE /spit etc, IN THE MIDDLE OF A ATTACK MACRO" do you not understand?? I can only assume your emotions are getting the best of you and your reading comprehension has suffered.

Honestly I want to duel you and macro an emote for every cd and spam that I am macroing/scripting/speed hacking so you can see how useless you are when nothing happens.

If you keep letting people talk long enough......the truth ALWAYS comes out. Your emotional reaction and visceral anger are a clear indication of who you are. I hope you're one of MANY that get busted. I'm gonna have to make one video that's not of people cheating, it will be one on how to spot it and how to make the videos using their video cards built in features. I.E. hopefully more than just the channel catches on. What's there to hide ;)

What part of "they INCLUDE /spit etc, IN THE MIDDLE OF A ATTACK MACRO" do you not understand?? I can only assume your emotions are getting the best of you and your reading comprehension has suffered.

Lol I understand perfectly what an emote macro is and what it isn't. It isn't advising others of an impending attack. It is doing nothing to change the game besides taunting you. Bioware will take no action. When you get your recording settings set up let me know and come to pot5. I'll macro /spit to every key and let you record it.

Edited by Puissant

If you keep letting people talk long enough......the truth ALWAYS comes out. Your emotional reaction and visceral anger are a clear indication of who you are. I hope you're one of MANY that get busted. I'm gonna have to make one video that's not of people cheating, it will be one on how to spot it and how to make the videos using their video cards built in features. I.E. hopefully more than just the channel catches on. What's there to hide ;)

Nothing. Bioware said they don't care about emote macros and just because i say i'm doing something isn't proof that i am.

Lol I understand perfectly what an emote macro is and what it isn't. It isn't advising others of an impending attack. It is doing nothing to change the game besides taunting you. Bioware will take no action. When you get your recording settings set up let me know and come to pot5. I'll macro /spit to every key and let you record it.

Wow, I don't know how you function in life if you can't understand the fact that I'm saying the emote is merely ONE of SEVERAL commands in an attacking macro.....meaning it's an illegal macro that just happens to ALSO include an emote command macro in it. Wow dude, your emotions clearly got the best of your reading skills....