Moving Legacy question.

Dakhath

Forgive me if this has been asked in the past, but I believe that the higher level legacy gets chosen generally, what happens if I move a character from one level 50 legacy to another level 50 legacy?

Most of old characters from when KOTFE was about to come out ended up on Star Forge and I had been level 50 there for quite some time, I took an extended break from the game and when I came back, I wanted a fresh start on a fresh server to get a good feel of progression again. My legacy on Satele Shan should be 50 in a week or two and I'd like to bring a few of my old characters over for crafting and other purposes. I just don't want the original legacy to completely overwrite the new one and thus I find myself here seeking guidance.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Forgive me if this has been asked in the past, but I believe that the higher level legacy gets chosen generally, what happens if I move a character from one level 50 legacy to another level 50 legacy?

Most of old characters from when KOTFE was about to come out ended up on Star Forge and I had been level 50 there for quite some time, I took an extended break from the game and when I came back, I wanted a fresh start on a fresh server to get a good feel of progression again. My legacy on Satele Shan should be 50 in a week or two and I'd like to bring a few of my old characters over for crafting and other purposes. I just don't want the original legacy to completely overwrite the new one and thus I find myself here seeking guidance.

Any feedback is appreciated.

You believe wrong. Regardless of the levels of the two legacies, this is what happens on the *destination* legacy:

* Any "number" parameter - kill counts for achievements, numbers of decorations held, and even the total legacy XP earned - the higher of the two is used.(1)

* Any "yes/no" parameter - global unlocks, datacron status, completed achievements, stronghold unlocks, stronghold room unlocks, etc. - the new destination gets it if either the source or the current destination has it. (You can think of "yes/no" parameters as "number" parameters which range from zero - no - to one - yes - and then apply the first rule.)

* Strongholds that are unlocked on the destination by the above process are left in a deactivated state and must be activated before you can use them.

Summary: nothing already on the destination server is lost, and it might gain things if the source server's legacy had more things achieved / unlocked / etc.

(1) Examples: source has 97 before, dest has 50 ==> dest now has 97. source has 20 before, dest has 50 ==> dest still has 50.

* Strongholds that are unlocked on the destination by the above process are left in a deactivated state and must be activated before you can use them.

Mostly true. I recently transferred a character from a server where I owned the Tatooine SH with a couple areas unlocked. After moving the character, I decided I wanted that SH on the new server. After purchasing the SH, I discovered the same areas that had been unlocked on the previous server were now already locked on the new one.

Summary: nothing already on the destination server is lost...

True with the minor exception that you lose those 20 CC's that you get for completing certain points in the game. This may or may not be a big deal but good to know before you commit.

True with the minor exception that you lose those 20 CC's that you get for completing certain points in the game. This may or may not be a big deal but good to know before you commit.

You just need to go through and do all of those on the destination server first or at least do the easier / faster ones so you don’t lose out too much :D

Mostly true. I recently transferred a character from a server where I owned the Tatooine SH with a couple areas unlocked. After moving the character, I decided I wanted that SH on the new server. After purchasing the SH, I discovered the same areas that had been unlocked on the previous server were now already locked on the new one.

That was covered by the previous bullet point, where I noted that stronghold room unlocks are transferred as well as stronghold ownership unlocks.

It's not so much the CCs that are lost (you don't have them yet, after all, and you still don't have them afterwards), as it is the potential to earn them. But yes, you're essentially right on that. My mistake.