Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

birch pls, i complain yes, but that doesn't make be a worse player, and FYI this is the APAC community, as a player of the ASIAN region of that community we get completely and utterly shafted due to the increased ping to australia, asfaik around 7 friends of mine based around singapore/HK/Japan have quit the game due to the unacceptable ping they have to put up with while they get MUCH better ping to US servers which is almost twice the distance geographically to the servers in Australia, so i will tell you what iwas told in vent when i whinged about ping 2 months ago.

Man the **** up, princess.

I repeat, you and your friends knew what the connection would be like because the servers were based in Australia. We had 10 players on Harbinger from Japan and Singapore in the guild who all decided they would not transfer because the servers would make their situation worse. It would be the same logic if the servers were based in South Asia and Aussies transferred to APAC servers and complained about the latency - I'd ***** them out too.

Most gamers know that many regions in Asia connect straight to the US and then go to Australia. All you had to do was make a level 1 character when the APAC servers launched to see how you performed. And I'm not saying you are a bad player.

Edited by PseudoScience

You admit that you had a good old whinge yourself, but when someone else complains, you call them a Princess? Surely you understand what that says about yourself?

Dont question the logic, just wait for the next premade 2v1 scrapper montage by snivy

Edited by aVmuse

It obviously is otherwise they wouldnt of announced it as such.

Announcement? Where? They've made no widely available announcement to all APAC players. Yet in less than 24 hours, already in excess of 400 people have signed a petition protesting against this decision. And they only know of it through word of mouth.

Just image how much that discontent will blow out once they actually inform most APAC players that their servers will going away.

I repeat, you and your friends knew what the connection would be like because the servers were based in Australia. We had 10 players on Harbinger from Japan and Singapore in the guild who all decided they would not transfer because the servers would make their situation worse. It would be the same logic if the servers were based in South Asia and Aussies transferred to APAC servers and complained about the latency - I'd ***** them out too.

Most gamers know that many regions in Asia connect straight to the US and then go to Australia. All you had to do was make a level 1 character when the APAC servers launched to see how you performed. And I'm not saying you are a bad player.

there were a few things me and my friends wanted: Time zones, back when the apac servers were launched the population in American servers was ABYSSAL you could barely get anything done, so we decided it would be much better for us to play on a server that is closer to our time zone, plus on the Server list the region is called OCEANIA last i checked OCEANIA includes many more regions than australia and new zealand if you could pull your head out of your *** for one second and comprehend that fact we would not be having this conversation..

You admit that you had a good old whinge yourself, but when someone else complains, you call them a Princess? Surely you understand what that says about yourself?

i DID , past tense, im now ok with it. Soon you will be too but i understand your disappointment.

there were a few things me and my friends wanted: Time zones, back when the apac servers were launched the population in American servers was ABYSSAL you could barely get anything done, so we decided it would be much better for us to play on a server that is closer to our time zone, plus on the Server list the region is called OCEANIA last i checked OCEANIA includes many more regions than australia and new zealand if you could pull your head out of your *** for one second and comprehend that fact we would not be having this conversation..

I understand the Oceanic servers are suppose to cater to the South-Pacific region but sadly they don't. Perhaps if the game was a roaring success still they might have expanded in the Asian regions but we know that day will never come. Rather than rejoicing at the fact our community is in a worse situation and yours is improving why continue to rub it in our face? The anger will surely pass and if mergers go ahead, as planned, then you can enjoy it without the malice.

Edited by PseudoScience

Yeah Bioware..... a huge improvement for us.

Just look at that. The same number of people in fleet as normal(Before the APAC closure announcement), but 4 times the lag.

You guys are awesome.....

Who ever makes your decisions should be fired, cos he is bad at them. This solution hardly benefits people on master darnala. A merge with Dalborra is obviously the best choice.

Bastion at 11:45pm NZ time which is 9:45pm Australian time. Notice how there are practically no 50's on.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm1/hoarus_2008/Screenshot_2013-03-27_23_49_45_649928.jpg

Master Darnala (after APAC Announcement) Mostly 50's on fleet.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm1/hoarus_2008/Screenshot_2013-03-28_00_02_23_987303.jpg

Dalborra

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm1/hoarus_2008/Screenshot_2013-03-28_00_00_31_340860-1.jpg

Thanks Bioware. Killing Dalborra against the wishes of its population so Master Darnala can have... this.

*facepalm*

The LEAST you could do is be honest about why.

Edited by MrRuck

I understand the Oceanic servers are suppose to cater to the South-Pacific region but sadly they don't. Perhaps if the game was a roaring success still they might have expanded in the Asian regions but we know that day will never come. Rather than rejoicing at the fact our community is in a worse situation and yours is improving why continue to rub it in our face? The anger will surely pass and if mergers go ahead, as planned, then you can enjoy it without the malice.

i am not rejoicing that you guys are getting ****ed over, i am rejoicing merely at the fact that i will have amazing pops and finally be able to pvp whenever i want, the ping is a non issue for me, it can be easily overcome.

For the people asking for a merge i will tell you why it probably wont work, the players on MD and dalborra would get on fine, like good chums but GD players would have *****ed and whined for transfers off to another RP server, if that was given youd effectively have players from 2 servers, MD has a much worse population than GD so at the end of the day you would only be gaining about 40 or 50 ppl more on at prime time. Which isnt really that big of an improvement.

I guess that's one way to deal with the latency and own people......

i would point you towards the various other roles i play such as healing and merc dps, but i realize this is just a poor way off taking a shot at me. But anyway thanks for the view.

Thanks Bioware. Killing Dalborra against the wishes of its population so Master Darnala can have... this.

*facepalm*

The LEAST you could do is be honest about why.

Technically the least they could is.. Well. Nothing - which is probably exactly what they will do.

I vote BW + EA sack up and do what they claim to; give their customers the best game experience possible. If for APAC players, that means merging the 3 APAC servers to just 1, then do it.

If there's a faster way to lose loyal, paying customers, besides snaking their toons and throwing them on a different server, I'd like to hear it. :confused:

Edited by BennyKrak

MD has a much worse population than GD so at the end of the day you would only be gaining about 40 or 50 ppl more on at prime time. Which isnt really that big of an improvement.

Isn't it the other way around with MD & GD? That's what I was told in the past & the Server Forums seem to reflect this. Regardless I doubt they'll change their plans.

Edit: Nvm, you seem to be right.

Edited by MrRuck

For the people asking for a merge i will tell you why it probably wont work, the players on MD and dalborra would get on fine, like good chums but GD players would have *****ed and whined for transfers off to another RP server, if that was given youd effectively have players from 2 servers, MD has a much worse population than GD so at the end of the day you would only be gaining about 40 or 50 ppl more on at prime time. Which isnt really that big of an improvement.

1 person was posting that. I know of many other GD players that have been hoping for a server merge. Or the option to transfer to Dalborra. Having spent cartel coins made simply rerolling a terrible option as we would've then simply thrown our money away. Instead this arse-backwards "solution" (and I use the term loosely) from EA/Bioware results in us having thrown away our money anyway.

Now the first thing I did when I heard about this was log onto the Harbinger and try to get my names. I got all my Grall* names below but was unable to get any of the others. I advised all my Guildies to do the same of which most could get 1 or 2 but often not their primary name. I understand that when the merger actually happens we may still get to keep some of the names and we will lose some depending on a number of factors.

Vindication/Retribution still exists? Interesting.

This entire subject should be a wake up call for all within the game. It's membership dwindles. It's a matter of time before they start consolidating NA servers as well. To think of the game not being here at all saddens me. It would be missed. And this comment coming from a 'normal' person, writing a 'normal' opinion, without benefit of an internet enhanced, inflated IQ claim. Oh woe is me...... ...chuckles...

This entire subject should be a wake up call for all within the game. It's membership dwindles. It's a matter of time before they start consolidating NA servers as well. To think of the game not being here at all saddens me. It would be missed. And this comment coming from a 'normal' person, writing a 'normal' opinion, without benefit of an internet enhanced, inflated IQ claim. Oh woe is me...... ...chuckles...

This should be a worry for the entire game. We are apparently being merged with some of the most popular US servers so this indicates to me that populations are not improving across the board and could spell disaster.

To quote Yoda: "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is"

Edited by PseudoScience

The real reason their shutting down APAC is because its not profitable for EA and has nothing to do with player experience. Why could we choose which APAC server to go to from us launch but can't choose now. No wonder the EA CEO just quit recently because EA only care about money over customer service just look at the horrible simcity launch. I hope people will find a game that they get treated like humans not money bags and I encourage APAC player's to unsubscribe before it's to late.

This should be a worry for the entire game. We are apparently being merged with some of the most popular US servers so this indicates to me that populations are not improving across the board and could spell disaster.

To quote Yoda: "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is"

It does suck the oceanic servers are going down

I only just recently subbed after a year break and missed the character transfer window and continued to play on the us server the Bastion the population is fine for most times of the night for me (Aussie) and pvp queues are regular

Its plain to see thats its a profit margin which is the decider, but might as well make the most out of a worst case scenario and hope to see more Oceanics around