I am done.

Hypernetic

That's cool.

Insult me all you want, it doesn't change the facts about the game.

Actually he wasn't insulting you, unless you read things assuming people are...If so that's a insecurity, video games and digital entertainment wont fix insecurity, maybe try talking to a professional.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But they are not facts. They are opinions.

The "Fact" you can't even tell apart this simple concept, demonstrates why your "opinion" barely matters here.

Ilum world PVP is pointless and promotes objective swapping (i.e. cross faction exploiting) rather than actual PVP? FACT.

I get queued with low levels. FACT

I get huttball 4/5 times? FACT

End game PVE content is BROKEN and bugged to the point where most of it cannot be completed? FACT

These are not opinions but facts.

Edited by Hypernetic

I don't think so. Maybe? I was pretty casual when WoW came out and it took me what seemed like forever to get to 60.

It's all relative. Either way, I leveled several toons over 40 in the ToR beta. Once you know how everything works it takes no time at all. First time through? Maybe a little longer while you take in the sights.

Yeah, I dunno maybe that's it. All I know is I'm only level 36-ish and so are most people I know.

I understand your point about the squeeky wheel, especially with BW because they appear to have knee-jerk reactions to the community. Still they've already said they're implimenting this stuff so I'm not sure what you're asking for. :p

I don't think so. Maybe? I was pretty casual when WoW came out and it took me what seemed like forever to get to 60.

It's all relative. Either way, I leveled several toons over 40 in the ToR beta. Once you know how everything works it takes no time at all. First time through? Maybe a little longer while you take in the sights.

And again, more controversy to your posts.

First you compared your vacation time to people's regular work hours, and called others slow to level.

Now you're admitting you had significant time in ToR Beta to already know the content, therefore knowing about a good chunk of the game to begin with. You basically had an advantage over a lot of others, and you claim others are slow when they clearly didn't have the same advantage you did.

Again, it just proves you're better at nothing, and others are not worse at something. You simply had way more time available to you at this game than most people. Point proven.

Yeah, I dunno maybe that's it. All I know is I'm only level 36-ish and so are most people I know.

I understand your point about the squeeky wheel, especially with BW because they appear to have knee-jerk reactions to the community. Still they've already said they're implimenting this stuff so I'm not sure what you're asking for. :p

There are many issues with PVP beyond being able to queue as a premade/ranked WZs. Just take a look at the front page of this board.

First you compared your vacation time to people's regular work hours, and called others slow to level.

Now you're admitting you had significant time in ToR Beta to already know the content, therefore knowing about a good chunk of the game to begin with. You basically had an advantage over a lot of others, and you claim others are slow when they clearly didn't have the same advantage you did.

Again, it just proves you're better at nothing, and others are not worse at something. You simply had way more time available to you at this game than most people. Point proven.

Point not proven. Many of my guild mates who were never in beta, one of whom is in Australia and missed 2 days of playing because he didn't get his hard copy in the mail in time, are level 50.

Many people on my server are level 50, all of them were not in beta.

Give it a rest guy, you won't win this.

Edited by Hypernetic

There are many issues with PVP beyond being able to queue as a premade/ranked WZs. Just take a look at the front page of this board.

Well, that's the truth. Seems like a lot of the things that are wrong with this game are pretty no brainer dumb-*** omissions. No AFK protection system? No brackets? It definitely needs to be worked on, and it would be nice to have a time frame.

The game is young though and I feel like what they've done so far warrants patience. I know it probably doesn't feel that way to you but you have to remember most of us weren't in beta so we have a lot more patience to give.

Ilum world PVP is pointless and promotes objective swapping (i.e. cross faction exploiting) rather than actual PVP? FACT.

I get queued with low levels. FACT

I get huttball 4/5 times? FACT

End game PVE content is BROKEN and bugged to the point where most of it cannot be completed? FACT

These are not opinions but facts.

If you only want to point out specific items, then ok, I can do that too. Here are some of the things you said.

"Tired of a PVP system that rewards incompetence. " = OPINION

"What PVP content? Huttball? Huttball isn't PVP it's a gimmicky piece of ****." = OPINION

"There is nothing fun or competitive about PVP... and more text" = OPINION

"I am complaining about the quality of the content that does exist." = OPINION

Just because you find the quality lacking of something, doesn't make it a Fact, boy.

There's many other things that are pure opinion in your posts. Try again.

You know, you talk about elitism but there's a lot of elitism going the other ways with casuals like us. BW should have expected that harder core players would rush to the finish line and run into these issues. But instead of holding BW accountable for some really big game breaking bugs, the majority of casuals just call the hard core "nerds" as if that some how invalidates the fact that BW released a game with largely broken end game.

If you only want to point out specific items, then ok, I can do that too. Here are some of the things you said.

"Tired of a PVP system that rewards incompetence. " = OPINION

"What PVP content? Huttball? Huttball isn't PVP it's a gimmicky piece of ****." = OPINION

"There is nothing fun or competitive about PVP... and more text" = OPINION

"I am complaining about the quality of the content that does exist." = OPINION

Just because you find the quality lacking of something, doesn't make it a Fact, boy.

There's many other things that are pure opinion in your posts. Try again.

You are taking something out of context and running with it.

That's cool though.

P.S. The first thing? It is fact. PVP medals are awarded to you for running around killing things and doing damage. You get LESS COMMS for doing things like winning the game by capping the ball 5 times or planting all the bombs on voidstar.

So yes. You are REWARDED for being INCOMPETENT. The guy who runs around swinging his lightsaber at anything that moves gets a LARGER reward than the guy who wins the game for his team by doing objectives.

So yes I have stated opinions in this thread as well as facts. Again feel free to disagree with the opinions. Come back when you have a better answer for the facts.

The OP I feel has some minor issues of trying to define the following:

Personal Opinions vs. Collected Opinions vs. Bias Opinions vs. Closed Minded Opinions vs. Facts

As already stated, the OP is trying to defend his claims from Page #1 Post #1 with out following through with cancling sub, and moving on, and finding something that they enjoy; what most standard normal people will react to things they do not like, which has already been stated before in this thread multiple times, some friendly some not so much.

Defending an opinion/view vs. Arguing for the sake of arguing goes no where on both sides.

Since July 2011 a great deal of information was already laid out about the PvE system and PvP system, so acting shocked and befuddeled by this is no reason for a thread like this to be created, let alone survive this long.

So in short, let the thread die, allow the OP assume they have closure, and the rest who enjoy the game can enjoy it and enjoy one less QQ thread.

Edited by RangKer

Ilum? There is no point to it other than daily quests. There is nothing to fight over, just trade caps back and forth to complete quests. This already happens now and will continue to happen.

You're complaining about a lack of PVP and then pivoting to an example of wasting your time doing PVE quests? Here's a thought: stop trading them back and forth and fight?

You're complaining about a lack of PVP and then pivoting to an example of wasting your time doing PVE quests? Here's a thought: stop trading them back and forth and fight?

They aren't PvE quests, that is the point. They are PVP objectives in a world PVP area. The daily gives you the same reward as doing 10+ warzone wins, who wouldn't swap objectives? That is why it is broken.

Edited by Hypernetic

They aren't PvE quests, that is the point. They are PVP objectives in a world PVP area.

Right, I know that. What you're doing is essentially PVE, though. Trading objectives to complete quests.

Edit: You're missing the point. You're choosing to not PVP.

Edited by Fellwenner

I am tired of having 4 level 13 snipers on my team every game.

Tired of a PVP system that rewards incompetence.

Tired of huttball, want to do real PVP.

BAI!

Hyper, are you just done pvping or done with the game as a whole?

Hyper, are you just done pvping or done with the game as a whole?

Neither. Hyperbole to get a point across. The end game is seriously screwed up in this game. I like the game, my friends like it, I want it to succeed.

I'm insanely frustrated mostly because of my time in beta. I see problems that still haven't been addressed, problems that were spammed on the beta forums for 7 straight months. These things worry me.

As for some other things said in this thread, just having some fun with people.

Question my methods if you must, but they apparently work better than serious/constructive threads that fade to page 2 instantly.

Neither? Two bits says he’s back online tonight trading caps, not fighting the enemy faction and complaining about the lack of PVP.

LOL! Well, if he is done pvping and wants to continue to rail against the current state of pvp, that's fine. But if he is done with the game, why keep posting?

I am fascinated by folks that post "I'm done!" posts and continue to post in the forums ;)

I am tired of having 4 level 13 snipers on my team every game.

Tired of a PVP system that rewards incompetence.

Tired of huttball, want to do real PVP.

BAI!

I am an Imperial Agent Sniper. Most of the time I'm not only the only Sniper...but the only Imperial Agent in the entire warzone.

Leave the Snipers alone >.<

I am an Imperial Agent Sniper. Most of the time I'm not only the only Sniper...but the only Imperial Agent in the entire warzone.

Leave the Snipers alone >.<

Hey now, I like snipers. That just happens to be the case on my server. I played a sniper to 45 in beta. Very good in PVP if played correctly.

Neither. Hyperbole to get a point across. The end game is seriously screwed up in this game. I like the game, my friends like it, I want it to succeed.

I'm insanely frustrated mostly because of my time in beta. I see problems that still haven't been addressed, problems that were spammed on the beta forums for 7 straight months. These things worry me.

As for some other things said in this thread, just having some fun with people.

Question my methods if you must, but they apparently work better than serious/constructive threads that fade to page 2 instantly.

Okay, lol! Thanks for the clarification. Yeah as a 50 myself, It is a bit lonely on Ilum. And the WZ, though fun, are hit or miss with regards to challenging pvp. But, I guess this is what I get for leveling so quickly. I'll just have to wait for other folks to catch up!

I am surprised there aren't more folks in the Outlaws den. There are chests there with Mercenary Coms. but I don't think those types of incentives necessarily improve world pvp, let alone attract players to that area.

Still waiting on Guildmates to get to higher levels so we can start harassing Imps in various places!

Edited by Recker

Okay, lol! Thanks for the clarification. Yeah as a 50 myself, It is a bit lonely on Ilum and the WZ, though fun are hit or miss with regards to challenging pvp. But, I guess this is what I get for leveling so quickly. I'll just have to wait for other folks to catch up!

I am surprised there aren't more folks in the Outlaws den. There are chests there with Mercenary Coms. but I don't think those types of incentives necessarily improve world pvp, let alone attract players to that area.

Still waiting on Guildmates to get to higher levels so we can start harassing Imps in various places!

I went to OD and there was nobody there. I farmed the archaeology nodes for about 30 minutes, couldn't find any chests, and left.