Are Repub pug groups getting worse? Or is it just me?

Nellsterzzz

Is it just me or are repub pug players in pvp matches getting further diluted with more unaware players? Before when I first switched to repub side for pvp and leveled a toon to 50, I could do 9 games straight on a solo que and get my weekly done because the pugs that I got grouped with had great communication skills and were willing to take on roles required for each warzone. As of recent it has gotten so bad that I don't solo que and I'm forced to only que with my guild (not complaining about that ;]). For example, the other night I was playing on my sage healer (sephiro) and was in a Hypergate. We got a Kinetic hybrid shadow go capture a node and was expected to guard (shadows are great at guarding nodes, excellent utility). I died and was waiting for respawn door to open and I see him run off the node to go fight mid. Just simple things like that where you thought someone would go guard when they actually go there to cap only.

Not seeing this in just Hypergates. Seeing players not fighting on nodes in Voidstar, novarre, and civil war. Seeing more and more players filling a ball carrier in huttballs resolve when really you should only use it as a last resort otherwise leave ball carriers resolve empty for a fire pull. And the list goes on and on with really silly mstakes, like breaking a CC when trying to cap a door, NOT CALLING INC BEFORE YOU DIE (biggest pet peeve). The part that annoys me the most out all this is when they make the same mistake twice and even after explaing to them why or why you shouldn't do something THEY GET MAD AT YOU. Can't count how many times I've asked "hey man dont break my CC when im trying to plant the bomb" and the next time they do the same thing you ask and they call it "a difference in pvp strategy" and start yelling at you. Anyways is this happening to eveyone or am I having SEVERAL isolated instances? :(

/rant.

Don't take this the wrong way, but i think you may be spoiled a little :p This is 95% of my warzones when i solo que some nights,

And after getting a assassin to 50 last month, I did notice the imps were stronger in lowbie, I wouldnt be surprised if i won 80% of my matches

Edited by dego-harmonium

Boo-hoo.

I stopped playing my shadow partly because wins were coming too easy and I ended up guarding nodes that almost never got attacked because the imps could barely hold on to their own node. That plus not having many friends pub side, made pvp ridiculously boring. Imp side requires actual effort (soooo much effort) to win.

Impin' ain't easy, but it's a whole lotta fun.

Edited by ace_boogie

Honestly I think what happened is people took advantage of the double exp and rushed to 50. I'll use someone who has been streaming their gameplay on twitch as an example. He is on a different server but I'm sure it happened to some extent here. He used the Ilum "exploit" to level to 50 in around 24 hours played. This person is also brand new to the game. So, you have a fresh 50 with no idea how their class works and no idea how the warzone maps work. Like it isn't bad enough being a fresh 50 in recruit even knowing how to play.

I saw a commando wearing the Tionese set last night with Valor rank 9 in a Civil War. He simply did not know about the pvp gear. If it brings us a larger player base I'm fine with it as long as they stick around and get better/learn from those of us who have been here. If I see someone with obviously no clue I try to take it to tells with them and point them in the right direction. Someone did something similar for me in WoW when I started and it helped keep me with the game. I just try to pay it forward.

last night went really well for me imp side. (i always solo queue) finished my weekly was weird never finished weekly that early. Also got a 7700 flytext hit on someone in huttball but didnt register on scoreboard.

I played 3 lowbie matches with my sniper last night. The first, a Novare Coast, was amazing - lots of back and forth, and we ended up winning the match with 12% left. Pretty sure the Rep side on that was all PUG. The other two matches . . . not so good.

I would not be surprised if there was a couple of folks who were power leveled by a friend to 50 but i think the majority of people who took advantage of the xp boost were already playing the game

I do think most imps would testify that they is one tionese geared (or worse) in 30-40% of our matches for as long as i can recall, so i doubt overall it had much to do with a double xp weekend, I do think you will see a influx of recruit geared folks tho because they did not max out some coms from 10-49, there were also be vetran players with max coms that will shift gear between toons via gree gear and have mostly WH/EWH geared toons, my ragequit scoundrel will be in that boat next week :p

Edited by dego-harmonium

Honestly I think what happened is people took advantage of the double exp and rushed to 50. I'll use someone who has been streaming their gameplay on twitch as an example. He is on a different server but I'm sure it happened to some extent here. He used the Ilum "exploit" to level to 50 in around 24 hours played. This person is also brand new to the game. So, you have a fresh 50 with no idea how their class works and no idea how the warzone maps work. Like it isn't bad enough being a fresh 50 in recruit even knowing how to play.

I saw a commando wearing the Tionese set last night with Valor rank 9 in a Civil War. He simply did not know about the pvp gear. If it brings us a larger player base I'm fine with it as long as they stick around and get better/learn from those of us who have been here. If I see someone with obviously no clue I try to take it to tells with them and point them in the right direction. Someone did something similar for me in WoW when I started and it helped keep me with the game. I just try to pay it forward.

See I don't mind if someone doesn't know or still needs to learn, but my problem is the people that argue with me thinking that they actually know what theyre doing :(