Is RE broke?

Priam

I don't know...I don't really see that. The majority of complaints have been about the rate of receiving a schematic. It seems weird that he would use "rate" in reference to the amount of materials returned (though they may certainly be looking at that, as well). Though it's not impossible.

In either case, I don't think it was a large leap of logic to assume he was talking about schematic acquisition rate.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*shrug*

I try *really* hard not to make assumptions when it comes to developer quotes. A lot of the complaints in regards to RE is the cost of successful RE. I went through 2 stacks of items. I spent 2 million creds, etc.

Increasing the rate at which you get mats back would reduce the cost of RE. But not neccessarily make it any faster or take less attempts.

While personally, I'll agree that they are probably going to do something that will increase the odds of successfully learning a new schematic, I'm definitely not going to assume they will be increasing the odds and thus be dissapointed if/when it turns out they don't. And certainly not going to be crying on the boards saying "but they promised they were increasing the success rate of getting schematics" when the fact is that they didn't.

Well, I'm not going to cry about anything either. It just kind of vexed me how that one poster was acting as though people in this thread were totally off-base. With that said, I don't take for granted that just because a developer said something on this forum that BioWare will (a) follow through with it or (b) do it in the way that it was suggested by the dev.

That's not a knock against BioWare--I think they're doing a great job. I just know how plans shift and change all the time.

All I can really comment on is the changes I have personally seen.I was lvl 400 armstech and getting an acceptable rate of successful RE's,anywhere between 20 and 50 tries with an occasional lucky hit,then suddenly I was getting the worst luck imaginable and crafting over 200 assault cannons over a 10 day period without 1 single successful schematic but a load of "you already know that schematic" messages which I'd never seen before.

So,I must have been very lucky to begin with and then at some point I killed a black cat with a shamrock under a full moon on Friday 13th.

That's when I came to the forums to see if anyone had noticed a change and there was this thread saying exactly the same thing I had been noticing and ,miracle of miracles, a dev posts in the self same thread stating that RE wasn't working as intended....didn't say it was broken,didn't say they'd stealth nerfed the rate and made an error in the code but would anyone really expect him to come out and say "we ****ed up,you noticed,we're sorry"? Of course not,games developers are like politicians and rarely come out and hold their hands up and admit to a mistake because it reflects badly on the game and may affect sales figures.

Edited by Germ

Im trying to make level 35 aim reflex and commando blue armor mods. In total i made around 70ish greens and didnt get one blue of either. Now im outta resources for level 35 mods, yippie.

I refuse to belive blue is suppose to be this rare when you can just comm off a vendor on whatever planet your on. Something must be broken.

Something is certainly jacked up for sure, tried the old break um in stacks of 5 -7 and nothing. Not even my greens are turning. So, Bio, fix it or some people will not even attempt to fullfil themselve with the enrichment of having a profession. I myself find it hard to believe that it take over 75 re's to get something and then 1-5 another. That's just ridiculous IMO.

Something is certainly jacked up for sure, tried the old break um in stacks of 5 -7 and nothing. Not even my greens are turning. So, Bio, fix it or some people will not even attempt to fullfil themselve with the enrichment of having a profession. I myself find it hard to believe that it take over 75 re's to get something and then 1-5 another. That's just ridiculous IMO.

Its random. Problem is that random can yield infinity. In short, you stand a chance of never turning a single green. You could feasibly spend the next 7 years of this game attempting to craft a single purple item and never succeed.

At some point a hard cap has to be installed. The most common means by which to accomplish this is a learning curve. Whether they will install that, or come up with some other inventive way is yet to be seen, but I do have faith in both their dedication and creativity, so I think we will see some positive changes very soon.

I receive a response from support when I ask if there was a problem in getting a new schematic in reverse engineering on all my characters I play. There response was From time to time, based on a variety of factors such as player and other forms of feedback, the development team will make adjustments to certain items in order to provide as much balance as possible. We would like to assure you that these changes are intended and are never introduced lightly. The decisions to make these changes are only ever implemented to benefit the player base as a whole. Because of this, we are unable to swap, refund or affect any items that have been adjusted by a game content change. Don't believe me send them a ticket informing them about not getting a new schematic on an item. For me it was the crystal that was level 7 and my character is level 30 and my crafting was over 200 and that's what they inform me in the ticket.

I won't say with absolute certainty but I think there is some calculation of your presence and npc affection that is driving reing, critical crafting and bag drop percentages.

Since I started pumping up those 2 stats I seem to have better RNG luck. However, one mans experience does not make a fact out of random code I cannot see.

I will say pumping up those stats is pretty cheap and easy if you have been at crafting, missions, etc for a while and don't care about 100-200k.

The fleet vendors sell presence buffs. Try those. Once Risha hit 10k and corso hit a higher number it seems to crit all the time on slicing and reing for me.

I've been trying to RE a Nano-Optic Skill Package to get a specific purple. Its been over 2 weeks since I have even gotten a "You already have this schematic" message.

I haven't had a successful RE for so long I don't even remember when it was. I used to get the above message every couple days but its been so long, I wouldn't be surprised if the patch 2 weeks ago broke RE for me.

I won't say with absolute certainty but I think there is some calculation of your presence and npc affection that is driving reing, critical crafting and bag drop percentages.

Hmm...don't believe NPC affection has anything to do with reverse engineering, since your companions aren't the ones doing the REing. Mission running, yeah (though I don't think presence comes into play).

I was wondering if they broke RE'ing again after the maintenance this week?

I generally don't have any issues reverse engineering blue patterns from greens in cybertech. 5-10 greens normally yields a blue pattern for me, 15 at the most.

Yesterday I went through 49 greens to get the blue for a friend. Similarly, that friend went through over 30 blue barrels attempting to get the purple for me before he gave up.

It just seems that since yesterday I've had the worst "luck" I've had since I started crafting.

I just burned through 62 green hyper-battle stims and still have no prototype schematic (blue) to show for it. And only got 22 units of red goo back.

Seriously BW, this is horrible.

IT'S RANDOM!

I got the same blue that you were trying to get in 3 tries.