Looks like the new Star Wars movie is gonna suck.

Blackavaar

Everything that is not /timeline speaking/ from the Rakata Empire to the Second Great Galactic War ,in Star Wars lore sux,so no surprises there.(except Darth Bane's biography)

They should make movies about kotor,swtor,the old sith empire,exar kun,second great schism or something.

Not the retarded Skywalkers and all that.

Edited by Kaedusz

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we can trust star wars with Abrahms

what i want is the guy who casted for star trek, he managed to get people that looked like the original cast!

if that guy would cast seven, it would be great

also, the author for toy story 3 is gonna write it fyi, he is pretty good but op, what is your opinion on him?

With Disney at the helm i have faith.

The bar TBH is quite low after phantom menace. I am pretty sure 90% of the people on this forum could have written a better film and stayed more to the nature to the original trilogy.

Star Trek was a good movie and I dont like Star Trek stuff. So Starwars should be awesome because i love starwars.

???

i like the star trek remake

it seems only snobs hate it

We snobs prefer plot line. acting, and a few less drunken frat boys in our sci fi than the average person. Not to mention maybe not re-writing the entire history of a 40+ year old franchise just because the "Tranformers Generation" can't pay attention for more the 15 minutes without an explosion, sex scene, or crass joke.

We snobs prefer plot line. acting, and a few less drunken frat boys in our sci fi than the average person. Not to mention maybe not re-writing the entire history of a 40+ year old franchise just because the "Tranformers Generation" can't pay attention for more the 15 minutes without an explosion, sex scene, or crass joke.

That movie turned James Tiberius Kirk into one of the greatest hero characters ever. Takes a beating and says "thank you sir may i have another". Seriously what movie did you watch?

JJ should be god to Star Trek fans

OT: This is great news for Star Wars fans

Star Trek fans expect logic from Star Trek films. When a film director starts doing things that defy logic simply to get character moments and "epic' shots, he spits on everything that Star Trek is about.

Most of you might be fine with a Starship being built on the ground in freaking Iowa. You might be fine with Kirk's dad staying on a ship that he can clearly program to crash without him to save a bunch of escape pods that are being completely ignored by the bad guy anyway. You might be fine with the addition of a water slide to engineering just to keep the action going and give a comedy relief moment. You might be fine with a Korean guy playing a Japanese character. You might be fine with him saying that he took fencing and then whipping out a techno katana and proceeding to fight Kendo style. You might be fine with all of that completely illogical nonsense but real Star Trek fans are not.

And that same kind of nonsense will be present in the new Star Wars now.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Blackavaar

Way I see it Star Wars is already dead.

Eps 1 - 3 ranged from bad to just awful.

Outside SWG Pre-CU no good Star Wars games. Battlefront was a Battlefield clone, Empire at War was boring, KOTOR was like every other BioWare game, TOR is the worst MMO ever made and everyone knows it.

The books have all been bad for years now nothing like the first line of books that came out in the 90's.

The Cartoons are bad.

The Comic Books are some of the worst things I've ever seen. Dark Horse should be ashamed of themselves.

Really this movie is just the final nail in the coffin of Star Wars. Much like how that Star Trek movie was the finally blow for Star Trek and after Into Darkness we can gladly bury Star Trek.

Outside SWG Pre-CU no good Star Wars games. Battlefront was a Battlefield clone, Empire at War was boring, KOTOR was like every other BioWare game, TOR is the worst MMO ever made and everyone knows it.

The books have all been bad for years now nothing like the first line of books that came out in the 90's.

The Cartoons are bad.

The Comic Books are some of the worst things I've ever seen. Dark Horse should be ashamed of themselves.

Really this movie is just the final nail in the coffin of Star Wars. Much like how that Star Trek movie was the finally blow for Star Trek and after Into Darkness we can gladly bury Star Trek.

I disagree as far as the movies go i agree expect for episode 3. The cartoon series I 1/2 way agree only been bad the last 2 years but some episodes were good. I didn't play pre Cu SWG but i thought CU was pretty good. While empire at war may be a tad boring for a RTS just because they messed up on the ground combat section i like it better than star craft. I actually thought KOTOR was just as good as battlefront ( never even tried battlefield) i'm gonna get hate for this but kotor 2 was my favorite. I actually like TOR better than WOW or Rift or i wouldn't still be here been playing this game since Early game Access.

Can't comment on the books or comics since i didn't read any of them

It will look great. The action scenes will be great. Everything physical will be great. However, if the plot is along the lines of what I'm thinking then it won't tie in to the action we're watching. Also just because a movie made money doesn't mean it was successful, it just means people actually wanted to see it or they were suckered in by false hope of a good film.

That movie turned James Tiberius Kirk into one of the greatest hero characters ever. Takes a beating and says "thank you sir may i have another". Seriously what movie did you watch?

JJ should be god to Star Trek fans

OT: This is great news for Star Wars fans

James Tiberius Kirk was already one of the greatest hero's ever. Now he's just going to be remembered as some d*ckhead who some how went from cadet to Captain because someone had no idea how to write a movie script or took the time to care.

A few explosion, almost naked women, an engine room that looks like a distillery, who cares if the plot line was implausible and filled with holes.

*Spoiler Alert* Look I'm not saying Abrams is gonna be good and I'm not saying he's gonna be bad. Personally my feeling is he can't do any worse than Jar Jar Binks, and that was with George himself at the helm. But having said that, I know a guy who knows a guy who's mother is Abrams housekeeper, and the first draft of the script for 7 has Luke waking up lying in the sand on Tatoinne after the Sand People attack in the original SW only to realize everything after that was all in his mind and in reality HE was the one who shot JR Ewing.

True Story

James Tiberius Kirk was already one of the greatest hero's ever. Now he's just going to be remembered as some d*ckhead who some how went from cadet to Captain because someone had no idea how to write a movie script or took the time to care.

A few explosion, almost naked women, an engine room that looks like a distillery, who cares if the plot line was implausible and filled with holes.

Captain Kirk was a guy who constantly disobeyed orders (a dick), endangered his crew because he always ran into old enemies and usually won because the bad guy made a fatal mistake, or because Spock or Scotty bailed him out. That's not a great hero, that's dumb luck. I don't see how your description of the reimagined Kirk is any different than that.

The Cartoons are bad.

Dude no offence but this has to be about the dumbest post on the forums I have seen in a very long time... Like you know you are on the TOR forums right? Clearly you are not a fan of star wars so why are you posting here? WORST..... TROLL..... EVER....

???

i like the star trek remake

it seems only snobs hate it

Funny, I could say that snobs are the ones defending it... :rolleyes:

JJ destroyed almost 50 years of story and character development for a shoot 'em up and sex drive flick with lens flare. Everything in ST 2009 was virtually wrong in every aspect; the exception being the way planet Vulcan was portrayed before the Death Star...err Narada destroyed it.

The additional obvious fact was that JJ was never a Star Trek fan and even stated it multiple times. He put a ton of Star Wars refs in the film and pretty much copied Ep IV entirely. If he never did Star Trek 2009 and the new film which will destroy Wrath of Khan I would be more ok with him directing Ep VII ...but no, he sacrificed a franchise so it would look "cool" and then tried to hide any source of criticism with a veil of "oh this is a different reality."

As a movie, I'd give it a 6/10, Star Trek wise...I'd rather watch ST V over that PoS. The fact that people want Star Trek to stay a beacon of future peace and a driving force to eliminate the troubles our planet has to deal with is not snobbish at all. It is unfortunate that Star Trek with be nothing but "omg shoot em dead!" messages now.

Also the plotholes were larger than the red matter - supernova backstory.....the Temporal Agency exists still...and everyone knew that the Narada was from another timeline and from the future....what stopped them from fixing that error in the new timeline...?

J. J. Abrahms. Enough said? :rolleyes:

Yeah, he already ruined one sci-fi franchise. Let's give him the other :(

JJ Abrams is a brilliant director. He won't change the lore, he's not remaking episode 4, he's continuing the story already layed out. If it sucks, it'll be because Disney bought it.

LOL Fan boys are never happy. Work hasn't even begun and your already crying about how crap it will be and crying about the Star Trek movie to boot. Never mind that it was a decent film and possibly engaged a newer audience but as I said fan boys are never happy.

I have seen many many other posts on this forum complaining about 'how george lucas ruined star wars!' and that he should step down. Well he has stepped down and are people happy? No. do you know why? because they are not the ones running the show. That is the only way they will ever truly be happy with where Star Wars is going.

How about you let Disney & Abrahms have a crack at the new movie before passing judgement. It cannot be worse than TPM.

Star Trek fans expect logic from Star Trek films. When a film director starts doing things that defy logic simply to get character moments and "epic' shots, he spits on everything that Star Trek is about.

Most of you might be fine with a Starship being built on the ground in freaking Iowa. You might be fine with Kirk's dad staying on a ship that he can clearly program to crash without him to save a bunch of escape pods that are being completely ignored by the bad guy anyway. You might be fine with the addition of a water slide to engineering just to keep the action going and give a comedy relief moment. You might be fine with a Korean guy playing a Japanese character. You might be fine with him saying that he took fencing and then whipping out a techno katana and proceeding to fight Kendo style. You might be fine with all of that completely illogical nonsense but real Star Trek fans are not.

And that same kind of nonsense will be present in the new Star Wars now.

:rolleyes:

Nonsense ? GL made ANAKIN SPACE JESUS, that was nonsense.

Anakin flew a space ship as a child and won the day for everyone when he blew up the droid ship, accidently.

This was also non-sense.

Phantom menace was ridiculous, I am pretty sure what ever JJ does with starwars it will be better than that filth.

(to give honorable mention IMO...palpatine....awesome )

Dude no offence but this has to be about the dumbest post on the forums I have seen in a very long time... Like you know you are on the TOR forums right? Clearly you are not a fan of star wars so why are you posting here? WORST..... TROLL..... EVER....

I was a fan until this pile came out.

Star Wars has been dying for a very long time and this new movie along with TOR and 1313 are the final nails in the coffin. Why don't you take the fanboy goggles off and see how bad Star Wars looks right now.

To be fair, I think the original storyline of the franchise could have been saved if they bothered to put that kind of budget into it. Going from 35-60million budget to 150million.

The newest one also had better space combat and the special effects on the other TNG movies didn't compare to the newest one. And special effects hadn't gotten THAT far ahead of the last TNG movie.

They also updated things a bit with the newer Trek for newer audiences to help pull in a bigger crowd.

One thing that always bothered me with ST (and I enjoy it) is that for being in the future, everyone always enjoys classic/jazz music over what is popular today.

Seeing Kirk listen to Beastie Boys (though admittedly it was a Beastie Boy song over a decade old by the time of the movies release) had me saying "OMG! FINALLY!"

Star Trek: First Contract while still a much older song, at least had someone listening to a 60s/70s song over classic/jazz music (and I don't even hate these style of music, though admittedly not a big fan either).

The older Star Trek movies always felt more like extended episodes rather than movies. This didn't make them bad for me, but I enjoy the series. I can see why it didn't bring in a lot of non Star Trek fans however.

2-4, and 8 were the only real good ST movies. The rest were range from terribad to meh. So the whole "lower budget" thing is a crock.

I was a fan until this pile came out.

Star Wars has been dying for a very long time and this new movie along with TOR and 1313 are the final nails in the coffin. Why don't you take the fanboy goggles off and see how bad Star Wars looks right now.

then go away because not everyone here thinks star wars sucks/ is dying or think Tor sucks. The only bad movies/games that I can think of is Episode 1-2 , The force unleashed 2, and Star wars ob1 and i guess you can count SWG since NGE killed the game. If we thought wow or rift was better we wouldn't be playing Tor for the past year and how do you know 1313 or the new movie is going to suck if it isn't out yet , so you can't even comment on that yet not enough info is out yet to tell if they are going to suck or be good or w/e . Not enough info on the movie yet but 1313 looks pretty awesome to me reminds me of Star Wars Bounty Hunter.