will CE ever get exclusive things .?

lazze

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care what the non-CE players would say, they had the option to buy the CE too. Didn't buy? Nothing to say then. Other then that, CE vendor was supposed to have new items and what not on it but all it does have is a junk which hasn't renewed in ages. VIP lounge? That's a complete joke, no-one even uses it. If it had more functionality, like own GTN terminal, mail box, bank terminals, perhaps then yeah, less crowd equals more comfort. So far the existing CE features are nothing what was promised.

EDIT: and just to clarify - I got CE edition exactly for the vendor. Though I have to admit, I assumed at first that it will be a personal vendor in my personal house (that was before the game was released and before I got into beta) or it will be in my ship. Which wasn't the case. But still, I assumed that the vendor will be, as was promised, regularly updated with USEFUL items. Which is not the case. The silly little droid what came with it? Never used. Holodancer? Useless thing. Camera? Useless. Speeder? Minorly useful since I could not use it any sooner then anyone else, I still had to wait until I get to lvl 20, I still had to buy the skill like all, for the same price. Only difference was somewhat smoother looks, but speed, everything else, was the same. So a minor and only marginally useful thing. Whee, I saved 8k in-game, imagine this! Statue? Cheap work and it's of Malgus, something and someone I don't give and care a womprat's tail for. VIP club access? Like I said above, useless. Not to mention that several of these things weren't unique to CE only, but were and are also available in Digital Deluxe version. So the ONLY thing what was exclusive and what I really was looking for was this vendor, and so far it hasn't been what BW promised, by far.

Edited by Whailor

Well people who payed for 150$ for CE did not just payed for a tiny statue (which by the way barely worth anything ), a couple physical items only. From the start CE has been promised a store that's only for CE owners that would be updated regularly. Other than that difference between Digital Deluxe and CE is almost nothing.. Actually it is nothing.

And the items you are talking about? Heroes banner.. come on its crap that you can get from GTN for less than 5k credits if you want maybe less. We got 1k cartel coins which is about 8 Euros. So yeah as a CE owner i feel screwed over.

Only reason I went for CE was the idea that they will add new items once in a while like every other content patch.

So what people asking here is additional updates on the store. Which by the way here is a link to the source on SWTOR`s own website.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

To all saying that they don't want to see updates because :sy_bank:s got enough:

Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back.
(http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021)

One would expect that the huge price of the Collector's Edition would have some of the costs we paid to go for the future updates of the CE Vendor. Many bought CE for the special vendor that would get new updates of items that did sound really interesting before the release in all that tease.

Well people who payed for 150$ for CE did not just payed for a tiny statue (which by the way barely worth anything ), a couple physical items only. From the start CE has been promised a store that's only for CE owners that would be updated regularly. Other than that difference between Digital Deluxe and CE is almost nothing.. Actually it is nothing.

And the items you are talking about? Heroes banner.. come on its crap that you can get from GTN for less than 5k credits if you want maybe less. We got 1k cartel coins which is about 8 Euros. So yeah as a CE owner i feel screwed over.

Only reason I went for CE was the idea that they will add new items once in a while like every other content patch.

So what people asking here is additional updates on the store. Which by the way here is a link to the source on SWTOR`s own website.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

Cartel Coins and the banner are completely complimentary and should not even be involved in this discussion. Everyone got something during f2p conversion. We never asked for those. It was never said they're too replace the CE Vendor updates.

I'm sorry but I wish this whole debate would just die. Yes as a CE owner I feel cheated and jaded by the lack of updates given to the vendor but the thing is those promises, that guarantee that everyone keeps flashing and pointing out came from Bioware when it was still Bioware. Now it's a completely different company with a different core set and rules and what they want is money. With that they got our money for the CE and the VIP, done deal.

(BTW the CE and VIP vendors are completely separate NPCs)

Bioware most likely had everything for the vendors up and ready to be put in and then the layoffs started and the Doctors left for their own reason and when the New Bioware came along these items that were meant for CE or the VIP vendors are now part of the Cartel Market because the New Bioware saw that if these were exclusives then people will pay and pay we have.

The CE owners have a right to feel cheated they were promised something and it hasn't lived up to the hype that was first presented. They aren't asking for anything free or more stuff mailed. Nothing is free in the CE vendor. 1 update in a year isn't really an update it's an addition and considering that it came along side a free Tauntaun mini pet it felt more like a gag to myself then anything. If it had been a Tauntaun mount not only would I have been pleased I wouldn't have felt as jaded. Hell I would have been to busy running on my mount to really care but that's only a pipe dream.

As for the person that keeps trying to champion this whole Regular update thing, to tired to go back and grab the quote, but I like you. You seem to only be here or lurking most forums to just cause strife and step back and watch where the ball falls. And while yes Regular is a subjective term, it was a term given and meant that Bioware (then) would provide updates to it more frequently than has been allowed over the year. If they had said Monthly, Bi-annually, yearly, Decennially or whatever I and many others would be like okay I'll check back then. No problem, but the problem is that most people figured that regularly coincided with their weekly updates which has long been proven isn't the case. Hell they would have been better off using their patented "Soon" and we would have know it was a back burner subject.

Yes in the last live "Dodge the Question and Answer the Promoted Question" session it was said they were going to have "talks" about what was in store for the CE and VIP vendors but they can talk all they want it's the actions they carry out after the talking is done that matters.

Long story short.

This whole thing has been a topic that should died when the Cartel Market was launched. Everything that was meant for CE and VIP has been outsourced to fill in this feature. I wish they would just delete both vendors or at least keep one and convert it to a Cartel Market NPC (I hate the gold symbol and I'm sure many others do too) and convert the VIP area to a mini game area and holo-net area for Swoop Race betting or something.

Enclosing....

Tauntaun Mount... Get there!

Edited by NerezzaDarkholme

It should never die. Company should not cheat customers. Find me another CE that has to offer so little and costs so much. It wasn't said anywhere but one would think that the overpriced fee we paid would partially go into upkeeping the CE vendor. Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Really? Really? Don't you already have the Vendor, VIP Club, physical items that came with the box, and your new F2P items? Quit being greedy. You bought the game, and you got what you paid for. Just because you have a gold key in your signature and have CE doesn't mean they have to continually reward you for a purchase that happened over a year ago. It's like buying a special edition or collectors edition movie from a famous director, and assuming that because you bought the CE, you get all his future movies free of charge. That's the stupidest and most selfish sense of greed and entitlement I've seen in a community. STO lifers are happy with what they get and they paid double what you did.

Thanks for the long, short-minded post.

Take no note of those who would buy a Ce would get regular updates on the CE vendor.

really don`t get how people think CE are being greedy, we was promised in game item`s which i want, call it greedy call it being mardy , i want what bioware promised.

Them not giving what they promised is breach of consumer`s right`s..

if im wrong then check it out online... in the end they will have to give something to the CE people or they will have breached consumer`s right`s...